ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 3903
« First < 414748495051 52535455611011515511051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:46 PM 03-05-2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-hiv-drug/amp/
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:36 PM 03-05-2020
California is probably hoping this solves their homeless problem.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:44 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
California is probably hoping this solves their homeless problem.
There's probably some guy at the Social Security Administration presenting figures at an internal meeting and saying, "This could make Social Security solvent for another two decades!"

(This kind of stuff is less funny as I get closer to senior status, by the way.)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:46 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:

YEAH THAT SEEMS SO FUN

HOW ABOUT I SNEEZE ON YOUR UNVACCINATED PIT BULL?
You're an animal. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:51 PM 03-05-2020
Yeah just life or death matters here. Can't be discussed.
[Reply]
loochy 02:53 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You're an animal. :-)
Weaponized sneezing is no laughing matter.
[Reply]
eDave 02:55 PM 03-05-2020
Suzzer. Delete that as you will get banned for it.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:56 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Times like this it might be nice to have a President who isn't a compulsive liar (hint: no borders have been closed whatsoever). Just saying.

People are asked if they've been to China in the last 14 days. That's it. They don't even ask about Italy.

I know politics. But at some point this reckless behavior by our leader is going to get a lot of people killed and politics is going to intrude big time on your daily life whether you like it or not.
Fuck off!!!
In the lounge manner of the phrase.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:58 PM 03-05-2020

Times like this it might be nice to have a President who isn't a compulsive liar (hint: no borders have been closed whatsoever). Just saying.

People are asked if they've been to China in the last 14 days. That's it. They don't even ask about Italy.

I know politics. But at some point this reckless behavior by our leader is going to get a lot of people killed and politics is going to intrude big time on your daily life whether you like it or not.
Reported.
[Reply]
loochy 02:59 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Suzzer. Delete that as you will get banned for it.

*banned from the thread

There's a DC thread on this, so it probably belongs there instead. Maybe you got confused about which one you were posting in.
[Reply]
TLO 03:03 PM 03-05-2020

It hasn't been flawless, but I think the US has done a pretty darn good job thus far. Unless we find out that there's a mass infection somewhere we don't know about. (That seems unlikely)
[Reply]
eDave 03:04 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:

*banned from the thread

There's a DC thread on this, so it probably belongs there instead. Maybe you got confused about which one you were posting in.
This is The Lounge. No?
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:05 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It hasn't been flawless, but I think the US has done a pretty darn good job thus far. Unless we find out that there's a mass infection somewhere we don't know about. (That seems unlikely)
There's very likely 1000s of cases right now we don't know about. We're barely testing. The question is whether it's deliberate - either for political reasons or to not induce a panic, or just incompetence in creating/distributing tests.

We'll know in as little as a few weeks if hospitals start being overwhelmed with people needed ventilators and oxygen. Can't really hide it at that point.

The only thing I know for sure is we didn't close any borders - which is what set me off.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:06 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This is The Lounge. No?
I removed the post.
[Reply]
loochy 03:07 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Quite frankly, I bet a lot of people have (and have had) this already and just didn't realize what it was, chalking it up to the flu.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 3903
« First < 414748495051 52535455611011515511051 > Last »
Up