ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 3903
< 12345 678915551055051005 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 07:15 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
A flu test costs 5 dollars genius.
I can tell you that a flu test doesn't cost $3500, not even close, but I can also tell you it doesn't cost $5 either. I worked in a hospital lab and sometimes I had to do the ordering for the tests and we couldn't even get the test for $5, so a hospital sure as hell isn't gonna charge you $5 to do the test. I wanna say a flu test at my local clinic would be ~$100 but my insurance covered the cost. I think most insurance companies cover a flu test.

I just looked at the article and its clear that the guy went to the fucking ER, so his bill was so high because he went to the ER which is extremely expensive. Of course that idiot on Twitter failed to mention that. If he didn't think it was Coronavirus and he went to the clinic, then his bill would have been a fraction of the cost. People like Imran are fucking idiots trying to push an agenda and use obscure examples to scare people "omg your insurance may not cover preventative costs?!". Getting checked for the flu/coronavirus isnt fucking preventative. Preventative means you know to prevent getting it. God damn stupid fucking people.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:17 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/hea...240476806.html

Um that's what they charged him. Have you not been paying attention to what's going on with healthcare bills the last 10 years?
He went to the god damn ER. He didnt get a bill that said Flu Test $3500.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 02-27-2020
Geezzz I sure hope that it’s a BS report that when those Americans evacuated from ground zero in China with a positive test for the virus landed, they were processed by health workers without the proper equipment.

They then flew home to their cities on commercial airlines without being tested for the virus. That’s a for sure no doubt way to create a pandemic.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 07:42 PM 02-27-2020
I tend to give more credence to Dr. Drew.

[Reply]
BWillie 08:32 PM 02-27-2020
This is really going to devalue my houses. Who owns houses? Old ppl. Who dies from Coronavirus old ppl.
[Reply]
Spott 09:01 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He went to the god damn ER. He didnt get a bill that said Flu Test $3500.
He deserved that bill for going to the ER for some silly shit like that. I’ve been to the ER 3 times in my life, once when I cut my finger off, and the other two when my son put a nail through his foot and later on broke his arm playing basketball. Each one of those times I had to wait in line behind a bunch of other fuckheads that where there because they had simple cold/flu symptoms that could easily be treated with OTC medicines.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:17 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
He deserved that bill for going to the ER for some silly shit like that. I’ve been to the ER 3 times in my life, once when I cut my finger off, and the other two when my son put a nail through his foot and later on broke his arm playing basketball. Each one of those times I had to wait in line behind a bunch of other ****heads that where there because they had simple cold/flu symptoms that could easily be treated with OTC medicines.
Well im not sure, but if he thought he may have possibly had the coronavirus, then he might have called and said "Hey I was recently in China and feasted upon swamp rats, bats, and the pussy of several women whom said they had the coronavirus. I've been back in the US for a few days and now I feel sick."

In this scenario they probably would have directed him to go to the ER instead of the clinic since the ER would be more adept to handle the situation, so they could quarantine him and not expose other patients. Even if he didn't call in he made the smart choice.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:15 AM 02-28-2020

[Reply]
loochy 06:52 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So basically, if you are old and sickly you probably won't die if you are young and healthy you have an even better chance of surviving. :-)
[Reply]
007 06:57 AM 02-28-2020
Just another opportunity for big pharma to steal your money. With a little help from government stooges.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:04 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
So basically, if you are old and sickly you probably won't die if you are young and healthy you have an even better chance of surviving. :-)
It's not as deadly as SARS was, it just appears to be fantastically easier to transmit.
[Reply]
threebag 07:43 AM 02-28-2020
Isn’t this how the aids came in? Through California... they love them some virus
[Reply]
58-4ever 07:57 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Kinda like the flu?
Exactly. A big distraction
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:14 AM 02-28-2020

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:11 AM 02-28-2020
This thing is a bit more than just some scare tactic and if the reported 2-4% mortality rate is indeed correct, then it has the same or even higher mortality rate as the Spanish Flu. Spanish flu wiped out 30 million people. Also if that mortality rate is correct than it is 20-40 times more deadly than the flu which kills 0.1%. There are conflicting reports from the WHO in regards to the amount of people that were infected but their symptoms were so mild they were never tested, if that number is significant than it could drop the mortality rate drastically. One of the people that was sent to China from WHO says that the number of those people seems to be very low and then another person from WHO says its impossible to tell until they can test for antibodies in people that werent tested.

So this has the potential to be fairly bad, but modern medicine can likely keep it from being too catastrophic.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 3903
< 12345 678915551055051005 > Last »
Up