ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 3903
« First < 5191979899100101 1021031041051111512016011101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:21 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Having enough of everything so you could do ok without going to the store for two or three weeks makes sense. Buying a six month supply of TP doesn't.

But if all of the stores around you have run out, you might just figure out that stocking up would have been a good idea.
I gotta say it's a lot nicer out here in Cali with all the idiots staying home. Drove right down the Embarcadero yesterday with hardly any traffic. No bitchy people in the stores. Restaurants are much easier to get in. Nobody on their cell phones in the gym. Now if we could just find a way to keep them at home.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:23 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
how about we concentrate on containing the virus before we start bailing out every damn industry that wants free money from the taxpayer.

Everything is efffected. We can’t bail out every industry in the whole country. Have the government pay back everyone’s lost wages.
Interesting POV from somebody who personally wants free shit all the time.
[Reply]
Spott 03:25 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I gotta say it's a lot nicer out here in Cali with all the idiots staying home. Drove right down the Embarcadero yesterday with hardly any traffic. No bitchy people in the stores. Restaurants are much easier to get in. Nobody on their cell phones in the gym. Now if we could just find a way to keep them at home.
I have a cruise coming up soon and I hope it’s a similar experience. I had two flights over the weekend and didn’t notice a reduction in travelers.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:27 PM 03-10-2020
Going on cruises is dumb for the sheer fact they're all monstrously-sized petri dishes chock full of contagions and were so before the Wuhan Flu popped up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:31 PM 03-10-2020
As i said in one of the other virus threads, i just lost a $22K sale today because of this shit.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:39 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As i said in one of the other virus threads, i just lost a $22K sale today because of this shit.
What were you selling?
[Reply]
Strongside 03:39 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's a shit ton of weed.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:45 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Having enough of everything so you could do ok without going to the store for two or three weeks makes sense. Buying a six month supply of TP doesn't.

But if all of the stores around you have run out, you might just figure out that stocking up would have been a good idea.
And in fairness, toilet paper has no expiration date. If you're buying it at market price, it's got no harm and potential benefit if toilet paper become currency after the collapse of civilzation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03-10-2020, 03:45 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: Dupe
ModSocks 03:47 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What were you selling?
A 1969 Mustang Fastback Body Shell.

I've been working with this customer for 6 months now.

He travels around the world testing and upgrading weapon systems on navy vessels.

He was going to reimburse himself with the money he woulda earned from his planned trip to South Korea.

The Navy canceled it this morning.

He was due to make the purchase this Thursday....
[Reply]
eDave 03:52 PM 03-10-2020
‘Disruptive’ passengers upset by someone sneezing on flight cause United plane to divert

A small group of passengers became disruptive on Flight 1562 after they were seated next to someone who was sneezing and coughing, United Airlines officials told Denver media.

The passengers failed to follow crew members’ instructions, forcing the diversion to Denver, where the plane was met by police and the disruptive passengers removed, KUSA-TV reported.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...ane-to-divert/
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:52 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
potential benefit if toilet paper become currency after the collapse of civilzation.
You mean bottle caps...
[Reply]
Donger 03:52 PM 03-10-2020
Oh wow. I have a work colleague who has tested positive.
[Reply]
Donger 03:54 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
‘Disruptive’ passengers upset by someone sneezing on flight cause United plane to divert

A small group of passengers became disruptive on Flight 1562 after they were seated next to someone who was sneezing and coughing, United Airlines officials told Denver media.

The passengers failed to follow crew members’ instructions, forcing the diversion to Denver, where the plane was met by police and the disruptive passengers removed, KUSA-TV reported.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...ane-to-divert/
So, some asshole intentionally got on a plane sick during a coronavirus outbreak?
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 03:55 PM 03-10-2020
Just heard today the governor of my state (Illinois) declared a state of emergency for this Corona Virus shit :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:56 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
So, some asshole intentionally got on a plane sick during a coronavirus outbreak?
People have been getting on planes with colds since at least 1985 when I took my first flight. I know because they always sit next to me.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 3903
« First < 5191979899100101 1021031041051111512016011101 > Last »
Up