ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon Suspended AGAIN
Marcellus 03:23 PM 12-16-2019
Link to come.

BR says PED's and substance abuse violations.

Originally Posted by :
NFL Suspends Josh Gordon 🚨
B/R Gridiron
@brgridiron
Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL’s PED and substance abuse policies. https://t.co/HvP8AWuVK0

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:52 PM 09-14-2021
After the bullshit with Hunt ending up in Cleveland...fuck it why not. The league doesn't give a fuck other than making a fake outrage at first. Goodell is a piece of shit.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:56 PM 09-14-2021
Work him out? Sure. On a short leash. See what he's got left in the tank. If he's a distraction, he's done the second he becomes a distraction.

I don't see much risk there.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:57 PM 09-14-2021
Waste.Of.Time.
[Reply]
TLO 03:04 PM 09-14-2021
No
[Reply]
D.A.P. 03:08 PM 09-14-2021
No fucking way.
[Reply]
jettio 03:10 PM 09-14-2021
Seems like the Chiefs coaches and GM would respect the work the guys they have already have done to get ready for the season.

It's like chiefs planet has no idea how to build a culture.
[Reply]
sedated 03:13 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Seems like the Chiefs coaches and GM would respect the work the guys they have already have done to get ready for the season.

It's like chiefs planet has no idea how to build a culture.
KC has never brought in a player after training camp?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:17 PM 09-14-2021
I'm all for giving people who have an addiction problem that are trying their best to get clean chances...

But my question is - is he worth the risk at this point in his career? Not sure he is..
[Reply]
jettio 03:21 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
KC has never brought in a player after training camp?
Of course they have in the past.

There are so many posters on here that are always pissing and moaning about good players that always make the team and always do shit to help the Chiefs win including special teams.

Using the reinstatement of Josh Gordon as another jumping off point to say something stupid about players that fit in and work hard and are on the team for a lot of reasons.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Work him out? Sure. On a short leash. See what he's got left in the tank. If he's a distraction, he's done the second he becomes a distraction.

I don't see much risk there.
Here's the thing - he's not violent. He's not a bad teammate. He's not a rapist.

He's a drunk. He's been a drunk most of his life (evidently into his early teens). And then he found out weed is easier so he did that.

And I know that alcoholism destroys life and weed...whatever. But man, I have a real hard time not drawing a bright line between "this dude gets drunk...a lot" and "this dude might murder his girlfriend and off himself in the parking lot"

But there are some pretty obvious issues with Andy and his kids w/ substance abuse and honestly it may just not be the best idea.

I'd probably work him out and see if there's gas in the tank, but I understand if the organization doesn't want to go that route.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:40 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If it's what everyone is already expecting to happen it isn't that big of a distraction when it does happen IMO.
Know anybody in your life struggling with addiction? Do you have to interact with them every day?

Would you consider it a distraction in your life?
[Reply]
tatorhog 03:42 PM 09-14-2021
Just keep meth-factor away from him and he should be good.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 03:43 PM 09-14-2021
The Seahawks love him, and he loves the Seahawks. I just don't think we have room for him right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Know anybody in your life struggling with addiction? Do you have to interact with them every day?

Would you consider it a distraction in your life?
Half the team barely knows the other half's name.

I don't remember how/when/where I realized this, but it's amazing how partitioned an NFL locker room is. The D-lineman hang with the D-Lineman. The DBs hang with the DBs and the OL pal around with the other OL. They're together in group meetings all the time.

And of course there are guys that 'float' because they're overall team leaders like Mahomes, Kelce, Mathieu, and Jones.

But for the most part a guy like Gordon, if he's still someone that needs tending to to stay focused, can probably be walled off a bit so that he's not exactly impacting more than a handful of dudes directly.

And if it turns out he's a negative influence on as much as the WR room, you walk away from him.

But folks seem to really like Josh Gordon and have been pulling hard for him. I don't think he's a cancer or anything - I think he's a dude that's tried awfully hard to lick this thing that's been beating him more often than not. I think he means well. I don't think he's beyond a dialogue/workout.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:50 PM 09-14-2021
Here's the bottom line: He isn't what he used to be. He's in fact a lot less than what he was at his best. Don't think he'd be very useful here.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up