ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 173
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Gonzo 02:06 PM 08-13-2015
Ed, you're starting the preseason opener thread this weekend, (please).

Let me know if you can't.

See link:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293895

Love ya man. Hope you're feeling better!
[Reply]
srvy 02:29 PM 08-13-2015
Ed a great man told that pain is temporary it only makes you stronger. Fear is only a thought. Your made from warrior stuff go get them you have got this.
[Reply]
srvy 02:31 PM 08-13-2015
Dave if your reading CP that goes for you to. Hope your surgery went well and your recovery is easy as can be. When you can check in with us.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:49 PM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Dave if your reading CP that goes for you to. Hope your surgery went well and your recovery is easy as can be. When you can check in with us.
This.

Let us know what's up, you Big Lil' Chiefy meatball.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:48 PM 08-13-2015
I took a nap then had help getting out of bed, but I did it faster and with less pain by far than the first time. I was shaking from the pain for a bit, then got the walker and made another lap and at a faster pace than my first go around. I'm back in my room now sitting in the chair and my abdomen is not as sore as it was earlier. Also, I put in a "dinner" order... chicken broth, red jello, and orange resource breeze. Since I have not eaten for 2 days, I am sure this will be delightful. John, my nurse, said he was amazed at how well I did getting up and walking just one day after surgery.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:50 PM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Ed, you're starting the preseason opener thread this weekend, (please).

Let me know if you can't.

See link:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293895

Love ya man. Hope you're feeling better!
Thank you for the honor! I have not started a thread with my ipad before, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to. If I can't, I will message you ASAP. And I would like to say once again how much all of the support, love, and prayers from CP means to me. I am humbled.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I took a nap then had help getting out of bed, but I did it faster and with less pain by far than the first time. I was shaking from the pain for a bit, then got the walker and made another lap and at a faster pace than my first go around. I'm back in my room now sitting in the chair and my abdomen is not as sore as it was earlier. Also, I put in a "dinner" order... chicken broth, red jello, and orange resource breeze. Since I have not eaten for 2 days, I am sure this will be delightful. John, my nurse, said he was amazed at how well I did getting up and walking just one day after surgery.
You have enough guts for two sets of teeth.

Suck it up and drive on.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:13 PM 08-13-2015
Thank you for the honor! I have not started a thread with my ipad before, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to. If I can't, I will message you ASAP. And I would like to say once again how much all of the support, love, and prayers from CP means to me. I am humbled.
You will be the good juju this team needs to make it over the hump this year. Win or lose, preseason doesnt matter.

We just wanna make sure you know we're in your corner.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:13 PM 08-13-2015
Hell yes. Get it Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:04 AM 08-14-2015
The docs came to change my dressing this morning and the chief assistant to my surgeon said he would see if the surgeon would approve having me eat actual food that I can chew today. Dr. Ashcraft came in a bit later and said he checked on me yesterday but I was snoozing. He said I was doing great and I thanked him for taking such good care of me. He replied that they would keep on doing so and said "Have a good day, brother" as he shook my hand. It really helps knowing that the people here care about me personally and I am not just the patient in room 4612. I may get a new room today, too.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:20 AM 08-14-2015
The docs came to change my dressing this morning and the chief assistant to my surgeon said he would see if the surgeon would approve having me eat actual food that I can chew today. Dr. Ashcraft came in a bit later and said he checked on me yesterday but I was snoozing. He said I was doing great and I thanked him for taking such good care of me. He replied that they would keep on doing so and said "Have a good day, brother" as he shook my hand. It really helps knowing that the people here care about me personally and I am not just the patient in room 4612. I may get a new room today, too.
Hey, Ed

How long are you going to be in the hospital? Thinking of you!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:32 AM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Hey, Ed

How long are you going to be in the hospital? Thinking of you!
They have said until Monday but who knows? Thanks!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:17 AM 08-14-2015
Praying for you and Dave every day.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:32 AM 08-14-2015
Great news... GREAT news. Fight on brother!
[Reply]
Meatloaf 05:59 PM 08-14-2015
Ed, how's it going, my man? Glad to hear that they're taking good care of you!

Hope the pain is easing up and that you're starting to feel a bit better. Anyway, just wanted you to know we're thinking of you. Take care and keep us posted on stuffs.

PS. Good luck with the game thread tomorrow. In other words, DON'T BOTCH IT!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 42 of 173
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up