ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rust on pre-owned vehicle
Jenson71 07:33 PM 06-21-2021
I understand very little about vehicles or other things with a motor. I found a good pre-owned vehicle from 2013 for the right price and it checks every necessary box. However, an acquaintance of mine holds the opinion that I should pass on the vehicle because of some rust on the inside lower frame of the driver's door. It's unnoticeable from the outside. But the acquaintance says that in a year from now, the rust will spread and the vehicle will look like trash.

The rust is not a tiny spot on the frame, but rather kind of spread out on that door.

I don't care about the rust as it is, so if I can do some work to maintain it rather than fix it, I'm good with that.

Should this be a deal-breaker?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:06 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I was in the market for a used SUV a month ago, wanted a 10-12 yr old Grand Cherokee but anything nice was 2-3k over book...fuck that. Ended up with a Chevy Trailblazer with minor body damage but at least the price was within reason. And it's only gotten worse since then.
Well, you did buy a Chevy, what did you expect?

Oh, you probably meant the used car market...
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:11 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
$15996, which is actually above the Nada "clean retail" by about over $2k.
Give them your price or you’ll walk. Then walk if they don’t give it to you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:15 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, you did buy a Chevy, what did you expect?

Oh, you probably meant the used car market...
HEY Calm your tits in the Chevy hate. They have some not bad vehicles on the roads. I’d put the reliability of the pickups I’ve owned against anything. Very few people abuse them to the degree I have.

In reality, Bugs bought the Trail. boxer after I sung their praises. I’m just hoping it holds together for him so he doesn’t murder my family. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:36 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
HEY Calm your tits in the Chevy hate. They have some not bad vehicles on the roads. I’d put the reliability of the pickups I’ve owned against anything. Very few people abuse them to the degree I have.

In reality, Bugs bought the Trail. boxer after I sung their praises. I’m just hoping it holds together for him so he doesn’t murder my family. :-)
:-)

I'm not one to have issues a time or two and apply it to all things that company makes ever.... but, my Monte Carlo needing a new transmission at 80k miles was pretty bad (and had another Chevy prior with issues, but it was older).

I haven't sworn them off, but they're in timeout.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 08:37 PM 06-22-2021
Wife's '03 Denali has just started showing rust. Of course she's been driving it for 18 years so it does not owe us anything.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

I'm not one to have issues a time or two and apply it to all things that company makes ever.... but, my Monte Carlo needing a new transmission at 80k miles was pretty bad (and had another Chevy prior with issues, but it was older).

I haven't sworn them off, but they're in timeout.
How old was it? They’re better. My work wagon has 100K drivetrain warranty.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:27 PM 06-22-2021
How old was it? They’re better. My work wagon has 100K drivetrain warranty.
It was a 2006 SS... think I had it ~6 years at that point.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:34 PM 06-22-2021
Give them your price or you’ll walk. Then walk if they don’t give it to you.
Pack some shoes for all the walking you will be doing.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 10:30 AM 06-23-2021
"Rust never sleeps" circa 1979 Neil Young :-)
[Reply]
Oxford 10:49 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Chrysler
I have a 2017 Pacifica limited, its going into the shop for a galvanic corrosion problem (under warranty). Hood and sliding drivers door. Body guy said if they tried to fix the aluminum panels, they just have to fill the repair and it wouldn't last. Probably $5000 repair for Chrysler, said they have done a bunch of hoods
[Reply]
burt 12:40 PM 06-23-2021
Daily driver. "Ol' Betty". No rust. It's a '92. And the back glass decal! Note the flames..makes her faster...

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Daily driver. "Ol' Betty". No rust. It's a '92. And the back glass decal! Note the flames..makes her faster...

I'm diggin' it.
[Reply]
burt 12:55 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm diggin' it.
Per Stevie Ray's request, she now has tinted windows!
[Reply]
eDave 06:00 PM 06-23-2021
The blue flame is quite intimidating. And where did you get that Mahomes sticker?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:14 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by burt:

It looks like it's tearing ass and it ain't even moving.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up