ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raider is teh ghey
Clyde Frog 04:33 PM 06-21-2021
https://www.outsports.com/2021/6/21/...nfl-coming-out

Thought anyone who puts one of those jerseys was automatically openly gay but I guess this is a thing.

Disclaimer: I don't care who fucks who amongst consenting adults.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 AM 06-22-2021
The Raiders pass rush is asshole, he wasn't gonna get cut unless he was awful.
[Reply]
eDave 02:16 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
How good is this guy?

I am speaking hypothetically, but say you were a fringe player, and you think you might get cut before the final roster is set. If you come out as gay, in today's climate you may be able to force the team to keep you on the roster, at least for a couple of weeks until the media coverage dies down.

Sorry if this has already been said, I am just too tired to read the entire thread on my phone.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
No, it hasn't been said. WTF?
[Reply]
milkshock 02:40 AM 06-22-2021
Hopefully this will encourage the rest of their roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:45 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I am just saying that a player coming out as gay could put the team in an uncomfortable position if they were to cut him.

The implication would be that he was cut because he was gay, even if that's not the reason. Social media, especially Twitter, could start targeting the team, head coach, etc. in several different ways in retaliation for what they could consider bigotry and homophobia.

They could even target team sponsors like Coke or Pepsi, etc. Look at the pressure put on companies that did business in Georgia after the voter suppression bill was passed.

I am not saying it would be right, but I can see a team keeping that player on the roster just to avoid any possible backlash, at least for a week or two.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:30 AM 06-22-2021
Shouldn’t this officially go in “the Raiders Suck” thread?
[Reply]
TEX 05:37 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am just saying that a player coming out as gay could put the team in an uncomfortable position if they were to cut him.

The implication would be that he was cut because he was gay, even if that's not the reason. Social media, especially Twitter, could start targeting the team, head coach, etc. in several different ways in retaliation for what they could consider bigotry and homophobia.

They could even target team sponsors like Coke or Pepsi, etc. Look at the pressure put on companies that did business in Georgia after the voter suppression bill was passed.

I am not saying it would be right, but I can see a team keeping that player on the roster just to avoid any possible backlash, at least for a week or two.

That happened with Michael Sam. Though there was plenty of evidence that he sucked, before he was cut. Ironically, it happened more when Dallas cut him than it did when the Rams did. I guess it's because they drafted him. Who knows?
[Reply]
TEX 05:39 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Michael Sam- Need a link?
[Reply]
Frazod 05:40 AM 06-22-2021
Well, this will end up being a shitstorm. The team and players will now go under a woke microscope. The media will be waiting to pounce on anybody who says anything even remotely negative, while pumping Nassib up the greatest player ever, regardless of his abilities.

I'd rather it happened to Denver, but the Fade is nearly as good.
[Reply]
TEX 05:42 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, this will end up being a shitstorm. The team and players will now go under a woke microscope. The media will be waiting to pounce on anybody who says anything even remotely negative, while pumping Nassib up the greatest player ever, regardless of his abilities.

I'd rather it happened to Denver, but the Fade is nearly as good.
:-) Yep!
[Reply]
loochy 06:35 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Does being a racist make someone great?

Being a serial killer?

A wife beater?
So Gruden being a shitty coach makes him great?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:37 AM 06-22-2021
Eh. Obviously there have been gay players before but now there might be some $$$ in this.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:44 AM 06-22-2021
I thought this already happened; isn’t Carr openly gay?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:55 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Eh. Obviously there have been gay players before but now there might be some $$$ in this.
There haven't been any active, employed gay players.

Other than Michael Sam, who barely satisfies the "active, employed" part, other gay players have waited until after retirement to come out.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:59 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There haven't been any active, employed gay players.

Other than Michael Sam, who barely satisfies the "active, employed" part, other gay players have waited until after retirement to come out.
I mean ones who were open. I am sure there have been ones who said nothing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I mean ones who were open. I am sure there have been ones who said nothing.
According to the press releases from the NFL and the articles from NFL.com and ESPN, Nassib is the first active player to come out of the closet.

Other than Michael Sam (whose entire story is chronicled in the NFL.com article) I can't think of another active player coming out. They've all been retired.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up