Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 06-21-2021
Well, bye...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/21/frank...ty-chiefs-nfl/

K.C. CHIEFS' FRANK CLARK
ARRESTED
... Cops Say NFL Star Had Uzi In Lambo SUV

Originally Posted by :
NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league -- was arrested Sunday after cops say he had an uzi in his Lambo SUV ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us Clark was pulled over for a routine traffic stop Sunday evening in Los Angeles ... when cops say they noticed an open duffle bag in his ride.

Our sources say officers saw the gun inside the bag ... and arrested the 28-year-old for felony illegal possession of a firearm.

The Kansas City Chiefs superstar is still behind bars in the Los Angeles area, jail records show.

According to the records, Clark -- listed at 6'3", 255 pounds -- was arrested at 9:20 p.m. ... and was booked into jail hours later at 9:28 a.m. Monday.

We've reached out to Clark and the Chiefs for comment ... but so far, no word back yet.

Clark was a key piece in the Chiefs' runs to the Super Bowls the last two years ... after being traded from Seattle to Kansas City before the 2019 season, Clark logged 14 sacks in 26 starts and was great in postseason play too.

In fact, Clark was so good for the Chiefs since joining the team ... he was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 2 seasons on the squad.

Of course, this is not Clark's first brush with legal trouble ... you'll recall, he was arrested in 2014 after being accused of domestic violence -- and was kicked off the Univ. of Michigan football team over it all.

Clark eventually struck a deal with prosecutors in that case, agreeing to plead guilty to a lesser charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Clark is currently in the middle of a 5-year, $104 MILLION contract with the Chiefs.

Story developing ...

[Reply]
RunKC 04:56 PM 06-21-2021
Clay learned nothing from the Tyreek Hill saga
[Reply]
In58men 04:57 PM 06-21-2021
Better to get caught with one than without one

And that’s on gang shit fam
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:57 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They seized my handgun out of the console (that I announced was there) and charged me with carrying a weapon during the commission of a crime when I got pulled over for DUI.

Pretty sure that's not the spirit of the law.
No, it's not. That's direct political pandering by that enforcement agency/dept.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:57 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's no way the city of Los Angeles would release a multi-millionaire driving a $250,000 dollar vehicle on $35k bail if this offense carried actual prison time.

I'd bet dollars to donuts his attorney makes a deal with the DA for something like Community Service and whatnot.

It's not like there was intent to commit a crime.
I certainly hope you're right
[Reply]
RunKC 04:59 PM 06-21-2021
From an actual Lawyer

3. In which case it would be a bigGER deal, but generally speaking the feds have more important things to do
4. Also any defense attorney worthy of repping an NFL player is gonna be able to work a defense to possession of a bag in a car with a gun in it

— Bird Law Expert (@RealBirdLawyer) June 21, 2021

[Reply]
Eureka 04:59 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ain't life a bitch?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I certainly hope you're right
Dude, Frank Clark's net worth is well in excess of $60 million dollars, so if they thought he was a flight risk or was worthy of actual prison time, the LA DA would not have allowed him to go free on only $35,000 dollar bail.

As FrozenChief lawyer mentioned earlier, his attorney could rightfully argue that since the assault weapon ban was struck down in CA a few weeks ago, Clark may have believed that it was legal to have this weapon in his possession.

And again, there was zero intent to commit a crime, so I'd be absolutely shocked if this resulted in anything other than a plea deal at worst with some Community Service attached.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:04 PM 06-21-2021

[Reply]
frozenchief 05:07 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's no way the city of Los Angeles would release a multi-millionaire driving a $250,000 dollar vehicle on $35k bail if this offense carried actual prison time.

I'd bet dollars to donuts his attorney makes a deal with the DA for something like Community Service and whatnot.

It's not like there was intent to commit a crime.
There does not always have to be an intent to commit a crime and firearms crimes are frequently a prime example of that. Let's say you buy a rifle with a 16" barrel but it turns out that 2" of that barrel is a flash suppressor that you don't like, so you change it for a muzzle brake that is only 1". Well, now your firearm has a barrel of 15" and is considered a short-barreled rifle. Your ignorance of this law and your lack of intent is of no consequence. Unless you put a 2" muzzle brake or register it as a short-barreled rifle Title III weapon, the penalties are the same as if you possessed a fully automatic firearm. The ATF does indeed prosecute these types of cases.

$35K is generally a pretty steep price for bail for a straight firearms offense. Generally felon in possession of firearms bail is $5-10K, depending upon the underlying felony and the firearm at issue. He has no underlying felony and its possession of the weapon itself that is a crime. The bail price in his case could be because he was a wealthy super star. People with more money have more resources to flee and might have to pay a higher bond. It could be that LA County views firearms offenses as particularly egregious. It could be that the Uzi was fully automatic. There could be some other reason but it isn't clear right now from the news.

The one potential saving grace for him if it was a fully automatic Uzi would be if he had the proper tax stamp and the firearm was lawfully registered but he did not have proof with him. If you own a Title III weapon (fully auto, short-barreled rifle, suppressor), you need to keep a copy of your tax stamp and ownership documents with you at all times. I have seen people get arrested for possession when they had the firearm but did not have their paperwork. That usually gets resolved pretty easily. But California also has strict laws about carrying firearms in the car. He undoubtedly faces charges for having his firearm in a vehicle and not in a locked container in the trunk or otherwise inaccessible to the driver.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 05:12 PM 06-21-2021
Reagardless of all else. He is a fucking dumbass for having it in the car with him!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:13 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
He undoubtedly faces charges for having his firearm in a vehicle and not in a locked container in the trunk or otherwise inaccessible to the driver.
I'll be really interested in hearing what the "routine" traffic stop involved. I mean, I've lived in Los Angeles for more than 28 years now and I've never been pulled over for a "routine traffic stop".

I'm not unequivocally stating that it was a bogus stop, but's not as if the LAPD doesn't have a long history of pulling over Black people driving expensive vehicles for absolutely no reason.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:15 PM 06-21-2021
This story is a nothing burger
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:16 PM 06-21-2021
tail lights were out maybe

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:17 PM 06-21-2021
Maybe he was on the way to the Compton Juneteenth celebration??
[Reply]
In58men 05:17 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This story is a nothing burger
Clay has been screaming death sentence since the story broke :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up