ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 190
1 23451151101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 08-28-2020
:-)

God forbid you don’t have a thread to suck Lebron’s dick in
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:20 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Nah, that thread ban is pretty silly. That thread was nothing but politics for well over a day.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:23 AM 08-28-2020

Or a thread for you to hate on him. The LeBron/MJ content has to go somewhere.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah, that thread ban is pretty silly. That thread was nothing but politics for well over a day.
It was. And when the mods stepped in, pretty much everybody stopped.

Pretty much everybody.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Or a thread for you to hate on him. The LeBron/MJ content has to go somewhere.
Meant to upvote. Just giving you shit.

The way I see it, everything has become so political that it’s hard to keep it out of any discussion.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:25 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by :
MIL over ORL in 4
TOR over BKN in 4
BOS over PHI in 7
MIA over IND in 6

LAL over POR in 5
LAC over DAL in 5
DEN over UTA in 6
OKC over HOU in 7

MIL over MIA in 6
TOR over BOS in 7

LAL over OKC in 6
LAC over DEN in 6

MIL over TOR in 6
LAC over LAL in 7

MIL over LAC in 6
I'll also take this opportunity to review my pre-playoffs picks as well. If I got to change anything, I'd go with the Clippers over the Bucks in 7. I think that Clippers team we saw against the Mavs in game 5 can't really be beaten.

I'll stick with OKC and Denver too even though Westbrook is coming back tomorrow. I just love what SGA does for OKC.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:27 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It was. And when the mods stepped in, pretty much everybody stopped.

Pretty much everybody.
I've been one of the few steering it back towards basketball for a while now so don't give me that. I was also fairly neutral on the whole boycott issue (I believe you even rep'd one of my posts).
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 AM 08-28-2020
I've been one of the few steering it back towards basketball for a while now so don't give me that. I was also fairly neutral on the whole boycott issue (I believe you even rep'd one of my posts).
I'm not going to pollute your new thread with it because you're making an effort to separate the discussion and talk about basketball. But you know exactly what you did, just this morning, and it wasn't at all trying to be neutral or steer back towards basketball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:29 AM 08-28-2020
Meant up upvote. Just giving you shit.

The way I see it, everything has become so political that it’s hard to keep it out of any discussion.
Well it's hard when NBA players commenced a near historic boycott/strike based on political issues, that's for sure.

It seems cooler heads prevailed and we'll be back to basketball tomorrow though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 08-28-2020
Well it's hard when NBA players commenced a near historic boycott/strike based on political issues, that's for sure.

It seems cooler heads prevailed and we'll be back to basketball tomorrow though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:32 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not going to pollute your new thread with it because you're making an effort to separate the discussion and talk about basketball. But you know exactly what you did, just this morning, and it wasn't at all trying to be neutral or steer back towards basketball.
It was commenting/responding to a post about the propensity of people at this time to forgive indiscretions and to go above and beyond to defend politicians simply because they are on their "team." Sorry if that offended anybody, but that's quite literally the environment we find ourselves in right now. I'm happy to say it goes on for both sides if you want. It's an extremely polarized time.

But anyway I wanted to get away from this discussion and move on.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:35 AM 08-28-2020
If the Bucks make it to the finals, I would expect whoever comes out of the west to wipe the floor with them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:37 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
If the Bucks make it to the finals, I would expect whoever comes out of the west to wipe the floor with them.
I didn't expect that based on what I saw in the regular season, but we've been here before with that team. Middleton is blowing it again in the playoffs and I think he'll continue to.

The Raptors would be a difficult Finals opponent for the Clippers as well, but I don't think they could score enough to win it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 08-28-2020
It was commenting/responding to a post about the propensity of people at this time to forgive indiscretions and to go above and beyond to defend politicians simply because they are on their "team." Sorry if that offended anybody, but that's quite literally the environment we find ourselves in right now. I'm happy to say it goes on for both sides if you want. It's an extremely polarized time.

But anyway I wanted to get away from this discussion and move on.
I didn't pull the trigger, but your post was reported out of all the others and for good reason. If we banned everything remotely touching politics these days, there would be nothing left to talk about... but, anyone walking the line takes the risk.

There's nothing "snowflake" about it (which is ironic considering the "extremely polarized time" comment); people are just tired of reading all of that shit, yet so many others want to go down that hole. So, we either ban 20+ people from that thread or draw the line somewhere.

That's all I'll say, so no need to further the conversation... this thread is a good idea. In this fucked up world, it's like we need a "social issues" version of these threads and one that's about the actual sport/topic. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 190
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up