ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Chuck Lorre is pretty damn good at creating comedy/drama!
scho63 04:53 AM 05-02-2020
In Hollywood over the last 40 years certain names will stick out for how many shows and successful TV shows they have had, via either writing or producing: Aaron Spelling, Sidney Sheldon and just a few more.

The latest entry on this list began back writing on the Roseanne show, one of the greatest "real life" comedies ever produced.

That person is Chuck Lorre.

This guy's resume for TV is un-fucking-believable. He is worth every penny he makes.

Kudos to Chuck
================

Chuck Lorre (/ˈlɔːri/;[1] born Charles Michael Levine; October 18, 1952)[2] is an American television director, writer, producer, and composer. Called the "King of Sitcoms" during the 2010s,[3][4][5][6][7] he has created and produced sitcoms including Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Mom, Young Sheldon, The Kominsky Method, Disjointed, and Bob Hearts Abishola. He also served as an executive producer of Roseanne. In 2019, he received his first Golden Globe Award for The Kominsky Method.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Lorre
[Reply]
Pants 10:47 AM 05-04-2020
All of those shows are complete, unwashed ass and a scourge on the brains of the American public.

He is probably a CIA agent tasked with dumbing down the American public.
[Reply]
bowener 11:10 AM 05-04-2020
IDK about all that, but he did create the 80s TMNT theme song.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:12 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
All of those shows are complete, unwashed ass and a scourge on the brains of the American public.

He is probably a CIA agent tasked with dumbing down the American public.
Can't argue with his success. Sometimes dumb fun comedy is ok.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:21 PM 05-04-2020
He's the Ray Croc of network new millennium.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:00 PM 05-04-2020
YOUNG SHELDON
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 PM 05-04-2020
GOD FRIENDED ME
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:17 AM 05-05-2020
Lulz
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:27 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
GOD FRIENDED ME
cancelled
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:14 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
cancelled
Damn. :-)

I guess it's back to Touched By An Angel reruns for me...
[Reply]
Dayze 12:03 PM 05-05-2020
I like laugh tracks; because it tells me when I'm supposed to find something funny and laugh.

(audio has a few TV bad words.)

[Reply]
sedated 01:29 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I like laugh tracks; because it tells me when I'm supposed to find something funny and laugh.
I'm not a fan either, but there is science behind the fact that people laugh more when they hear others laughing.

(Except of course when used ironically, like in your clip.)
[Reply]
Pablo 01:35 PM 05-05-2020
Gotta admit I LOLOLOL every time Sheldrake says 'BAZOONGO'. Classic stuff.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:09 PM 05-05-2020
My thoughts on these shows:

Grace Under Fire - never watched it

Cybill - never watched it

Dharma & Greg - watched it some. Pretty funny as I remember.

Two and a Half Men - the Sheen years were great - I watch the reruns frequently. Of course, after he left it died, but like a bean fart in an unventilated space, it lingered. Can't believe it kept going as long as it did. It was like M*A*S*H without Alan Alda.

The Big Bang Theory - of course it got lame toward the end, but all shows do. Funny as hell in the early years.

Mike & Molly - never watched it. I don't watch anything set in Chicago. Because fuck Chicago.

Mom - I've started watching the reruns some, and it's funny as hell. Also sometimes hits uncomfortably close to home, reminding me of people I've known and dark places I've been before, thankfully all long, long ago. Clearly the writers have some serious life issues/trailer trash in their backgrounds. Alison Janney is amazing.

Young Sheldon - the commercials alone make my cringe. I hate kids.

The Kominsky Method, Disjointed, and Bob Hearts Abishola - never heard of any of them.

Isn't he also responsible for Two Broke Girls? God that show sucks. Kat Dennings is gorgeous, and it still sucks. In the handful of episodes I've watched all I can remember is her rack, the blonde's giant toothy grin, and flat, badly timed jokes. Ugh. If Cats was a sitcom, it would be Two Broke Girls.

Never could stand Roseanne. Barr was and is nasty.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:29 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Isn't he also responsible for Two Broke Girls?
No, standup Whitney Cummings and that Sex in the City . . . dude, Michael Patrick King. Though MPK did produce on Cybill with CL.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up