ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Media Center>'Cobra Kai' Karate Kid sequel series teaser....
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 02-24-2018
Hell yea! Im in!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:46 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
They had to bring him back if Daniel was going to Okinawa though...how can you not? (FWIW, the 2nd Karate Kid movie needed to really be the 3rd. He was fighting to the death in Miyagi's home country Okinawa, not some Karate tourney with rules).

But like I said in a previous post...this can't go on for much longer. All former major characters have made their cameos with exception of Terry Silver and (Bad Boy) Mike Barnes, which it looks like Kreese's phone call at the end leaves that door open. Once they come back, once Daniel/Johnny defeat Cobra Kai in the tournament, the story no longer needs to go on after that. What else is there to tell?
The creators announced a 6 season arc a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:54 AM 01-13-2021
I like the show but what gets me is how so little training it takes to be a karate stud..:-)... Sign me up to be a Black belt in a week..
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:42 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
lol oh jeez....theyre really milking this cow.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:50 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I like the show but what gets me is how so little training it takes to be a karate stud..:-)... Sign me up to be a Black belt in a week..
KK 1 & 2 proves it's easy to go from geek to BAMF
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:22 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It was just alright. Production and acting really scream after school special if it weren't for the swearing. I was really close to giving up on the show when they brought back Chozen. No one gives a single **** about that dude or his back story jfc.
Good call
[Reply]
Valiant 11:03 AM 01-14-2021
They had to bring him back if Daniel was going to Okinawa though...how can you not? (FWIW, the 2nd Karate Kid movie needed to really be the 3rd. He was fighting to the death in Miyagi's home country Okinawa, not some Karate tourney with rules).

But like I said in a previous post...this can't go on for much longer. All former major characters have made their cameos with exception of Terry Silver and (Bad Boy) Mike Barnes, which it looks like Kreese's phone call at the end leaves that door open. Once they come back, once Daniel/Johnny defeat Cobra Kai in the tournament, the story no longer needs to go on after that. What else is there to tell?
Money is to tell.

My guess, season 4 is build up to the tourney. New cobra kai students and silver or the student. Robbie switches sides. Last episodes are early rounds.

Season 5, starts with last three fights or championship. They lose, their dojo's are done and kids are mulling around with no dojo. Chick from kk4 shows up with kids. They form new dojo.

Season 6, all hell breaks loose and good guys win.

Wildcard, the girl from kk4 and bad guy from kk3 are exes or married.

So the black girl from cobra kai disappeared from season 3 because they didn't have a story for her. They are hoping to get her back for s4.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:16 AM 05-27-2021

Have patience. He’s just getting everything rolling. Terry Silver returns to the dojo for Cobra Kai IV. pic.twitter.com/gTI2QJl11G

— Cobra Kai (@CobraKaiSeries) May 27, 2021

[Reply]
Kman34 08:33 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I like this show but they are running out of people to bring back...:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:36 AM 05-27-2021
I think I mentioned it earlier, but there’s been rumors they will bring in Julie/Hillary Swank as well.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:39 AM 05-27-2021
I mentioned earlier, I wasn't able to endure KKIII...let alone KK4. So these characters will be new to me. Still think they are going to kill this thing. They should stop after next season.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:03 AM 06-07-2021
After seeing this show listed on Netflix forever and a Day, and several rounds of thinking "maybe I should watch this"....wife and I finally started it last week. and ended up binging the entire thing.

absolutely love it. I have VERY low expectations going in, so maybe that helped. I liked how it doesn't really try to take itself too seriously; and I love how it seems to exist in this Valley / Karate universe / not based in reality. Just overall entertaining. Couldn't believe the number of original characters they rounded up / got them to agree to do it.

Zabka is absolutely awesome. I was shocked at how well he pulled this off.

as others have said, it does tend to feel a bit campy, but I reminded myself that I don't think their goal was to make some sort of serious series. The sound track is great too.

Granted, the wife and I are huge KK fans (not so much after 1 or 2) so I think that helps / pulls on the nostalgia strings. So glad we decided to watch it. Zabka makes it worth it to me.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:19 PM 06-07-2021
Wonder if they bring back Bad Boy Mike Barnes. The KKIII villain Daniel fights in the championship.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:07 PM 06-08-2021
Wonder if they bring back Bad Boy Mike Barnes. The KKIII villain Daniel fights in the championship.
Most assuredly. I am betting she has her own squad in the tournament and joins up. Or Daniel calls for backup.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Oh fuck no.

I just binge watched all 3 seasons this weekend.

And while i enjoyed most of it, and wished i hadn't put it off for so long...the story is getting really fucking lame.

All of the, "He mad at me, he isn't mad at me, he mad at me" shit is getting real old.

If we're making a 2nd trip around a love triangle, then it's fucking played out.

After the 1st season i was all, "man, sucks this is only 3 seasons".

After the 3rd season i was all, "this really shoulda been over in 3 seasons, i can't believe it's getting more seasons".

Between Lawrence and LaRusso in this constant, "i respect you, i hate you" limbo every other episode, Robby being a whiny lame ass bitch (get over it, kid) and the LaRusso girl not figuring out who she wants to swap spit with next, the writing got real stale real fast.

And season 3 already told you that more of the same lame shit is coming in season 4.

I love this series and hate it at the same time.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:47 PM 08-18-2021

ICYMI: #CobraKai co-creator & co-showrunner #JoshHeald explains why the series is nominated for Best Comedy and explores #DanielLaRusso & #JohnnyLawrence's dynamic. / #Netflix #RalphMacchio #WilliamZabka https://t.co/oBuLeFRywa

— Bleeding Cool (@bleedingcool) August 19, 2021

[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up