ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Why Undrafted?
Direckshun 10:47 AM 05-16-2023
https://walterfootball.com/whyundrafted.php

DE Andre Carter

Originally Posted by :
Team sources said a combination of factors led to Carter slipped through the 2023 NFL Draft. His tape from 2022 was not as impressive as 2021, and they felt that his week at the Senior Bowl really hurt him. The rest of the draft process added some more negatives that hurt him. Here is the summary from an AFC director of player personnel, "He has the service requirements, but he should have been drafted. The workouts were bad; his bench press was disappointing and ran slow. Has natural pass rush and is long, but he struggled at Senior Bowl. There were so many layers of the process that went against him."
WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton

Originally Posted by :
Team sources say there were a variety of reasons that led to Ford-Wheaton going undrafted. He had some medical issues that were a concern, but the biggest issue was his play on the field. "Too many drops," said an AFC director of player personnel. "He doesn't know how to run routes and doesn't play to his size." Thus, those were the issues that led to him falling to the undrafted ranks.
RB Sean Tucker

Originally Posted by :
NFL sources shared with WalterFootball.com that the the biggest factor for Tucker's falling undrafted was because teams had him graded as a backup. Players with backup grades are on Day 3 of draft boards. Starters are first- or second-rounders, while many third-round picks are assessed as backup-caliber players who could potentially develop into starters. Tucker faced some medical concerns as well, but teams felt that he lacked a defining trait, which caused them to view him as a future backup. They saw Tucker as not overly powerful or fast for the next level and likely to also struggle in pass blocking. Those thing, in combination with the medical questions, led to Tucker ending up as an undrafted free agent.

[Reply]
JPH83 01:02 PM 05-16-2023
Only Tucker maybe doesn't make sense to me. Carter was insanely overhyped, including by some here. As soon as he worked out you knew there was way too much work to be done. Ford-Wheaton was just...bad at football.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM 05-16-2023
Tucker basically faked a workout video to make himself look like he had these eye popping numbers so I think some teams thought he was a dishonest bitch.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:34 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tucker basically faked a workout video to make himself look like he had these eye popping numbers so I think some teams thought he was a dishonest bitch.
He was an incredible running back a couple years back.

Just.... doesn't have the same juice since, honestly. I can't recall if an injury is what slowed him down.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:17 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
?
[Reply]
Up