ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sometimes I forget
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:42 PM 04-10-2024
4, 3 with Mahomes and he still has a 12-14 year window... Crazy good times.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:46 PM 04-10-2024
My 8 year old son is the luckiest asshole in the world knowing nothing but the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:54 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
My 8 year old son is the luckiest asshole in the world knowing nothing but the Mahomes era.

My wife and son’s first NFL game was the 13 second game.
Just unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:22 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I actually kinda disagree. I mean, he's lucky he got here in time for sure, but he's also peaking EXTREMELY early. When he's in his 20's and has to experience typical NFL fandom, it's going to be a rude awakening.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:40 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I actually kinda disagree. I mean, he's lucky he got here in time for sure, but he's also peaking EXTREMELY early. When he's in his 20's and has to experience typical NFL fandom, it's going to be a rude awakening.
Kinda this. As Patton once said (or at least George C. Scott), all glory is fleeting. Eventually this will all come to an end, and we'll likely go back into a decades-long endless slog of mediocrity. I think of my uncle, who was in his early 30s when the Chiefs won their first Super Bowl and died of old age before they won their second. If only he could have held on for a couple more years.

It's going to really suck going from Mahomes and Reid and Super Bowls all the time to being what we used to be. And eventually it's coming. I just hope it's later rather than sooner.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:03 PM 04-10-2024
Another thing that I thought about recently was the incident right after Mahomes was drafted. Remember that situation where he got robbed by those two guys? Our world would be entirely different if something tragic had happened in that.

I don't know whether to thank the criminals for not using weapons or go to their prison and beat the heck out of them for even presenting the possibility of harm to our man Patrick. I lean toward the second option.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:39 PM 04-10-2024
It was pretty obvious he was special during his rookie preseason.

I mean he played like a create a player in Madden. The plays and throws he made were absolutely ****ing absurd.

We all know the Titans ones, but there was one against Cincy on third down where he was being chased backwards like 15 yards and chucked it off his back foot for a first down that I remember had me shitting my pants watching it live.

It was like he could do no wrong.

7 years later and he still really hasn’t.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:50 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
We all know the Titans ones, but there was one against Cincy on third down where he was being chased backwards like 15 yards and chucked it off his back foot for a first down that I remember had me shitting my pants watching it live.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:59 PM 04-11-2024
JIZZ EVERYWHERE!
[Reply]
Hamwallet 06:50 PM 04-10-2024
I posted “trade him now, his value will never be higher.”, after his first season. Good thing I am not a NFL GM. Lmao It’s been a crazy ride. I moved away from KC the season we drafted Mahomes, went to almost every home game the previous 7-8 seasons when I moved back to KC. I’ve been to 2 games on holiday visits in the past 6 years. I get so many people calling me a bandwagon fan when I wear my chiefs gear in Florida, it’s annoying.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:33 AM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I get so many people calling me a bandwagon fan when I wear my chiefs gear in Florida, it’s annoying.
I used to get that too...but then I made them listen to me tell stories of old Municipal Stadium and Len Dawson....then the long string of painful years we had to endure with crappy teams, crappy GM's, crappy draft pick QB's...

And told them every time they questioned if I was a bandwagon fan I would make them listen to me drone on....

Funny how it stopped
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:35 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I used to get that too...but then I made them listen to me tell stories of old Municipal Stadium and Len Dawson....then the long string of painful years we had to endure with crappy teams, crappy GM's, crappy draft pick QB's...

And told them every time they questioned if I was a bandwagon fan I would make them listen to me drone on....

Funny how it stopped
I tell people about meeting the chiefs in houston and trying to get Todd blackledge autograph but he was too tired. You know who gave me a autograph bill Kenny and the man Len Dawson. Plus telling people I had to hear go cowboys in high school and tried in vain to get them to say go chiefs.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:59 AM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I posted “trade him now, his value will never be higher.”, after his first season. Good thing I am not a NFL GM.
Dear god how do you have green rep???
[Reply]
Stryker 07:46 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
...that we have won 3 Super Bowls with Mahomes in the past few years.

I mean, holy fucking shit, guys. Never thought we'd win one in my lifetime. And now this mother fucker has given us 3.
Brother, we have waited so fucking long for this CHIEFS timeline! We are "ALL" witnessing! :-)

Yes, this IS happening!

Yes, I was alive for SB IV, 7 years old actually, my uncle went to that game and will STILL NOT GIVE ME THAT GOD DAMN TICKET STUB to this day!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:01 PM 04-10-2024
So many fucking memories of King Carl and Marty ball ending in the playoffs. So damn many WTFs? So many one and dones, so many when will this ever change? So many shitty coaches, so many QB rehashes, Jesus Christ do WE EVER DESERVE THIS!
We have suffered looooonnnggg enough! IT IS OVER! :-) Enjoy these times CHIEFS fans! It has FINALLY arrived and he goes by Patrick MAHOMES!:-)

[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up