ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 319
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:49 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So just sell it all to get an OT?

Seriously, that makes no sense.

By all means, draft an OT if one is there.

But drafting one out of perceived need, talent or value be damned, is how you end up like the fucking Texans, not the Chiefs.
Come on man. It depends on how high up they would have to trade to get the OT that they wanted and what that compensation was to get there.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I meant go into the draft thinking we have to get OL with our first 2 picks.
They won't.

People are losing their minds because we lost in the Sb playing an OL made up of guys off the street against a top 3 DL in teh league. Shit happens.
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 02-11-2021
I wouldn't have a problem trading up for a LT. If you aren't sold on Fisher coming back and think whoever is the anchor at LT for the next however long, go for it. LT is important.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 02-11-2021
And when that doesn't happen and you've given up 2 or 3 1st round picks to get them?
:-) I love how you assume the worst is going to happen when the Chiefs draft OL in these hypotheticals. "Every OL the Chiefs could possibly draft will suck. The DEs and WRs won't though, jeez value on the board blah blah blah."
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:50 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I meant go into the draft thinking we have to get OL with our first 2 picks.
No matter the position that would be a defeatist type attitude. I am sure that you are well aware of that and that is your point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Come on man. It depends on how high up they would have to trade to get the OT that they wanted and what that compensation was to get there.
To get one of the top 4 guys, they're probably going to have to trade 1st round picks.

They traded 2 first round picks to get up to #10 to draft Mahomes. It will likely be that expensive or a bit more to do it this year.

It's simply not worth it when this team has so many needs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:51 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I love how you assume the worst is going to happen when the Chiefs draft OL in these hypotheticals. "Every OL the Chiefs could possibly draft will suck. The DEs and WRs won't though, jeez value on the board blah blah blah."
You're assuming the best.

I'm asking valid questions.

You've basically said you're taking an OT no matter what happens. So I'm asking what you do if this or that happens. It's a logical response to somebody who speaks in absolutes and doesn't bother to consider alternative outcomes
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 02-11-2021
To get one of the top 4 guys, they're probably going to have to trade 1st round picks.

They traded 2 first round picks to get up to #10 to draft Mahomes. It will likely be that expensive or a bit more to do it this year.

It's simply not worth it when this team has so many needs.
Some needs are more important than others though. At some point, you gotta get a LT. It's pretty important.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 02-11-2021
By the way, assuming the worst would be me saying:

"They will fail."

I'm asking you:

"What happens IF they fail?"

I'm not assuming anything, at all.

I'm asking you to justify your position that they absolutely must take an OT no matter how the board falls.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Some needs are more important than others though. At some point, you gotta get a LT. It's pretty important.
There's a dozen ways to get one that don't involve giving up a ton of capital to do it.

We're not fans of the Texans.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
Yep. The most valuable thing the Chiefs can do this Offseason is ensure Mahomes stays upright and protected to the best of their ability.
Veach made a big offer to Andrus Peat last year when Fisher and Schwartz were healthy. He also drafted Niang despite them both being healthy.

He’s going to make moves on the OL.
[Reply]
TEX 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
They won't.

People are losing their minds because we lost in the Sb playing an OL made up of guys off the street against a top 3 DL in teh league. Shit happens.
That, plus seeing #15 running for his life and getting killed. Kinda leaves a lasting impression.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
I actually feel better taking WR's later, Andy and CO can develop skill players really well.

EVERYONE CALM DOWN.
If they wait a little on a WR, I’d prefer that they hedge their bets and grab 2.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
By the way, assuming the worst would be me saying:

"They will fail."

I'm asking you:

"What happens IF they fail?"

I'm not assuming anything, at all.

I'm asking you to justify your position that they absolutely must take an OT no matter how the board falls.
Bullshit.

And when that doesn't happen and you've given up 2 or 3 1st round picks to get them?

when

when

when
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
The odds are, whoever we take at 31 is either a bust or a decent NFL starter based on the history of end of first round picks.

Picks at the end of the first just aren't as valuable as early rounders (I'll concede that to staylor in regards to RB's, still woudln't spend a first on one though) so if you have to trade a couple to get a dude thats a legit NFL stud, do it.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 319
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up