ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 242 of 286
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:13 AM 06-26-2021
Wow, watched Arkansas last night. Great movie, and the soundtrack was good as well. Highly recommend it. Love Vince Vaughn as a bad guy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:20 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Gyllenhal was great in that one.

Totally different type of movie, but I thought he was really good in Prisoners with Hugh Jackman as well.
Originally Posted by -King-:
Prisoners is amazing. Long, but amazing.
Thanks for the reminder. I recall being excited for this one, and it slipped through the cracks.

What a fucking trip. I'm half sad that every movie isn't this good, and half scared to death that there are minds out there that can even imagine making something like this.

Overall, I'm glad I waited and stayed away from buzz. It was an experience to watch with no preconceptions. I hate to think if I watched it after reading a bunch of reviews and recaps.

One thing I'll have to say without spoiling anything [because it's a performance point, not a plotpoint], but Jake's blinking will haunt me for the rest of my days. A weird takeaway from such a film, all things considered, but it was searing.
[Reply]
eDave 01:51 AM 06-27-2021
12 Monkeys for the first time last night. Mind bending.

I then watched it again because something wasn't lining up for me to close the full circle. It was the message Railly left on the number Cole was given. Must have been taking a bong hit at that time.
[Reply]
Otter 05:31 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

I then watched it again because something wasn't lining up for me to close the full circle. It was the message Railly left on the number Cole was given. Must have been taking a bong hit at that time.
12 Monkey's is is one of my top 10 movies.

Check out 'Memento' if you haven't already. That's a real mind bender.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:41 AM 06-27-2021
Has anyone watched Batman The Long Halloween part 1 yet?
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:47 AM 06-29-2021
Halloween (2018)

This is a very tired franchise.

What they should have done:

1) Set the movie in the early 80s. Halloween night isn't the same in 2018 as it was in 1982.

2) Ditch all the Laurie Strode stuff. Enough already.

3) Focus on atmosphere, suspense, and creative kills.There were 50 million slasher flicks in the 80s but only a handful were memorable. The ones that were (usually) emphasized those three things.

Edit: I did like the face/flashlight gag.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:47 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

12 Monkeys is one of my favorite films of the 90s (and this is coming from someone that usually can't stand time travel elements in films. For example, I thought the time travel crap in Avengers: Endgame was stupid af & took up too much of the film's runtime)

Anyways getting back to the masterfully done 12 Monkeys, its . definitely "mind bending" for sure & so well done all around. The director (Terry Gilliam) wasn't messing around here.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:29 PM 06-29-2021
If you like 12 Monkeys you might be interested in La Jetée (1962).

Los cronocrímenes (2007) is also a very good mind twisting time travel story.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:01 PM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Agreed. Cage is wildly entertaining in my book and always brings it strong no matter how shitty the script/direction is.

For those that haven't seen the Cage film called Mandy (it came out a few years ago) I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. I watched it high as hell and was taken back by it. An intense nightmarish acid trip into hell. Cage was fucking awesome in it.
Man that Mandy looks like crazy fun! Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 07:06 PM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

Yes "Memento" was original and cool as hell!
[Reply]
eDave 12:57 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

Nice. Was annoying at first. Great recommendation.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:21 AM 07-01-2021
Watched "The Devil Below" on Netflix.

Fucking GARBAGE. Super low budget, bad acting, plot holes, makes no goddamn sense. The little bit of CGI they had looked like claymation....don't waste your time. Doesn't even serve as a decent B movie.

If you see the trailer and think, "hey, monster movie, i'll give it a go", nope. It doesn't even serve as a halfway decent monster movie. It failed on every level.

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:30 AM 07-01-2021
I also saw the new Fast and Furious Movie.

Well....it's a Fast and Furious movie...more akin to the latest versions, not the originals.

That movie franchise stopped being about the cars after Tokyo Drift. Almost every car in these movies is commercial, like Transformers, rather than custom, like in the original FF.

The action sequences are ridiculous and over the top, completely unbelievable. If you've seen the last couple of films you know what i mean. I mean FFS, Ludacris and Tyreese ride a Pontiac Fiero into outer space....that says it all.

With that said, it's still good, goofy action fun. Car chases are always kick ass no matter what...because cars.

The movie, i thought, was a bit more story driven that most FF movies. They did some good flash-back stuff with Dom's dad and filled in those blanks there, which i thought was good and rather unexpected.

If you're a FF fan, i can't see a reason why you wouldn't enjoy this.

If you're the type who can't shut off their brain and has to criticize every action sequence as non-believable.....well then you should probably skip this.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:01 PM 07-01-2021
Quiet Place 2 was actually really good! Recommend! :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 PM 07-03-2021
Luca was really cute. Pixar just does such a great job.
[Reply]
Page 242 of 286
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252 > Last »
Up