ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 286
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
In58men 06:37 PM 04-27-2021
Our Idiot Brother was pretty entertaining.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:33 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How have I heard nothing until now?

Could suck, who knows, probably?

that looks great.

even a Liam McPoyle sighting!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:40 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Watched Stowaway on Netflix last night.

It had some good potential and pretty cool space visuals but ultimately fell short due to the flimsy story and suspect acting (Anna Kendrick as a doctor/astronaut).
I started watching and kept waiting for something to happen or someone to get naked. I didn't make it to the end; I just found it hard to believe that there wasn't a backup for the broken part and no explanation of how the stowaway ended up where he was.

Read the ending on wikipedia and glad that I didn't watch it to the end.
[Reply]
Fish 10:30 AM 05-02-2021
I think I remember somebody commenting on this, saying it sucked. But I watched it last night, and thought it was pretty entertaining. Not a blockbuster, but definitely worth a watch. The dialogue was pretty clunky for the first 30-45 minutes. But once it picked up, the action was great. Kind of a John Wick vibe.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 AM 05-02-2021
Anyone watched Without Remorse on Prime? I'm a pretty big fan of Michael B Jordan and enjoyed the Reacher stuff on Amazon.

I need to find the time to sit down and watch it.

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:35 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Anyone watched Without Remorse on Prime? I'm a pretty big fan of Michael B Jordan and enjoyed the Reacher stuff on Amazon.

Got this queued up for tonight
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:37 AM 05-02-2021
Things Heard & Seen on Netflix is one of the dumber movies I've watched

Total waste of time
[Reply]
Bowser 02:10 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I think I remember somebody commenting on this, saying it sucked. But I watched it last night, and thought it was pretty entertaining. Not a blockbuster, but definitely worth a watch. The dialogue was pretty clunky for the first 30-45 minutes. But once it picked up, the action was great. Kind of a John Wick vibe.

These are both on the to-do list
[Reply]
Frazod 03:10 PM 05-02-2021

Without Remorse is one of my favorite books, and just from watching the trailer it looks like they butchered the fuck out of it. The original story was set during the Vietnam War, the girl who was killed was a junkie whore that he was helping to get clean/turn her life around, and the bad guys were her pimps/drug dealers using the coffins of KIA troops to smuggle heroin into the country.

I think if I watch this it will only make me really angry. Like Dune angry. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:41 PM 05-02-2021

I’m posting on CP while watching this it’s that bad

YMMV
[Reply]
Bowser 06:39 PM 05-02-2021
Well shit
[Reply]
Frazod 10:35 PM 05-02-2021
I’m posting on CP while watching this it’s that bad

YMMV
That's what I figured.

Clancy must be spinning in his grave right now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:47 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's what I figured.

Clancy must be spinning in his grave right now.
I'm not familiar with the book so can't really compare.

I honestly wish I had more to say about what specifically I didn't like about the movie but the reality is that it was just boring. Felt like I was watching a Wednesday night CBS action show.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:04 AM 05-03-2021
I'm not familiar with the book so can't really compare.

I honestly wish I had more to say about what specifically I didn't like about the movie but the reality is that it was just boring. Felt like I was watching a Wednesday night CBS action show.
The book is fantastic. You should read it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:57 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:

I enjoyed the hell out of it. So much so that I watched it again the next day.

Discount John Wick.
[Reply]
Page 239 of 286
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249 > Last »
Up