View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 154 of 343
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:53 PM 08-06-2022
mahomes is back there trying to find a lane to throw thru without getting blown up by DL
If he cant find it early, he is gonna move...That s our QB and he has played the same way since college..
[Reply]
poolboy 04:07 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I said it earlier in this thread, and I'll say it again:

Some people don't seem to understand what a true LOSS to a speed rush is.

If the speed rusher gets around the corner 12+ yards deep in the pocket: That's NOT a LOSS for the pass blocker

Early in the year, Mahomes was dropping too deep (a habit he picked up playing behind shitty lines in college and that having the bull rush-vulnerable Eric Fisher as his LT reinforced) in the pocket.

So outside rushers could go pure speed rush and know they could get home at 12 yards or deeper.

Once Mahomes became more disciplined with his drops and was not going deeper than 10 yards on his long drops, Brown's sack rate improved.

He's not an athletic dancing bear who's going to glide and glide and keep beating guys to the outside. But with slightly improved agility and a QB maneuvering the pocket correctly, that becomes much less of an issue than it was early in the year of 2021.

He IS a physical beast who forces pass rushers to be completely one-dimensional and rely on the speed rush to try and get home. He needs to max out his quickness and agility to the outside to improve, but all signs are that he's done that.
your right...that specific scenario is a win, I guess....and yeah Pat can improve but no qb can can maneuver the pocket "correctly" as there isnt one way to do that ...its freekin chaos back there...instincts take over and I like our chances with Pat
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:38 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
OK, whom?
Well yeah, it sucks to be in the market for a starting LT.

I don't follow the entire NFL at the level that some of the posters in this thread do. But I have a hard time believing that it's sign Brown or bust for KC especially when they have time to prepare.

It would be great if he has a fantastic year and he can come to an agreement with KC and then it doesn't turn into a Frank Clark situation after he gets paid.

I have a lot of doubts.

I'm glad I'm not Mr. Vart Beach having to make some very big time and stressful decisions.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:39 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
Wasnt it a 3rd, 4 and late pick?? I dont recall exact details.Baltimore was smart to dump him. They knew this contract situation would come up. He is a decent player in a power run scheme but nmslow footed in pass protection. KC IMO would be smart to not back up the brings truck for him.
Hey troll- what is a "brings" truck? :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 04:58 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
mahomes is back there trying to find a lane to throw thru without getting blown up by DL
If he cant find it early, he is gonna move...That s our QB and he has played the same way since college..
Yep...
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:14 PM 08-06-2022
Wish I had a Brings Truck. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:43 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Hey troll- what is a "brings" truck? :-)
A truck that “brings” you money…duh!!!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:04 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
your right...that specific scenario is a win, I guess....and yeah Pat can improve but no qb can can maneuver the pocket "correctly" as there isnt one way to do that ...its freekin chaos back there...instincts take over and I like our chances with Pat
Patrick won a MVP, and SB with this style of play but suddenly he had to change and accommodate an average pass protector in OBJ who clearly has a very high opinion of himself.
[Reply]
O.city 07:19 PM 08-06-2022
Mahomes didn’t win the mvp drifting out the back of the pocket

His own right tackle during the 18-19 season said this was the case.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:21 PM 08-06-2022
mitchell said wat about playing qb?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:54 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mahomes didn’t win the mvp drifting out the back of the pocket

His own right tackle during the 18-19 season said this was the case.
Link that because I'd remember if Schwartz spoke of it
[Reply]
poolboy 08:03 PM 08-06-2022
doesnt matter, Ol comes and goes but PM still balls out and get us to the play offs
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:20 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Veach didn't give OBJ the bank because he hasn't earned those guarantees, so no, Veach is not stupid.

Now, go fap to dehydration on the back to back rushes that OBJ stopped Frank Clark, and the snaps that he got the better of a rookie in training camp while whispering to yourself that MAHOMES is the reason our LT looked like shit and didn't get paid.

Bust the fattest, most delusional nut right on your mother's forehead.
Nice tapout troll
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:27 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Well yeah, it sucks to be in the market for a starting LT.

I don't follow the entire NFL at the level that some of the posters in this thread do. But I have a hard time believing that it's sign Brown or bust for KC especially when they have time to prepare.

It would be great if he has a fantastic year and he can come to an agreement with KC and then it doesn't turn into a Frank Clark situation after he gets paid.

I have a lot of doubts.

I'm glad I'm not Mr. Vart Beach having to make some very big time and stressful decisions.
Yep, he's currently between 8-12 in my opinion of starting LT's. It would be great if he became a Top 5 tackle and we had to pay him, but I think he has too much pride from his Dad's legacy to mail it in if that transpires.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:05 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
I'm gonna LAUGH so hard if OBJ sits out of camp and Darian Kinnard steps in and looks insanely good! HAHAHA
:-)

Kinnard replacing Brown? Has Chief Fan completely lost his mind?
[Reply]
Page 154 of 343
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up