ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 181 of 192
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:23 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Speed rushers run right by his fat ass. Draft a LT at 32
That's a horrible horrible idea.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:31 AM 01-27-2022
there's some seriously dumb takes in this thread.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:47 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Speed rushers run right by his fat ass. Draft a LT at 32
You think we’ll find a rookie LT at 30 or later better than Orland Brown Jr is right now? Why would a minimum of 29 other teams pass on a rookie who’s that good at a premium position?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:13 AM 01-27-2022
Orlando Brown is a really good player guys.

He's not Orlando Pace, but then again VERY few players are. He's absolutely worth extending.
[Reply]
Toad 09:22 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s not about being “better” it’s about him being a 26 year old OT that has made 1 pro bowl as strictly a right tackle, one pro bowl as a right tackle switched to left tackle midway through the season snd then a pro bowl as strictly a LT.

He deserves a top of the market LT deal and we should give it to him and move along to fix other positions. Just structure it so it has flexibility throughout the deal and get him for as many years as we possibly can.

The Pro Bowl this year as strictly a LT is what will cost the team the premium pretty penny.

We have to lock him up tho…even if this year (or 2) is on the tag before the long term deal is done.

He still has some opportunity with the pass rush, but with how hard he has worked to improve this year, the team should be okay with long term deal this off-season…especially WHEN they win the SUPER BOWL.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:06 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He will get the highest amount of guaranteed money in history, for his position.

And be worth every red cent.

He’s literally got almost everything you’d draw up for a left tackle.

HOF pedigree
Elite size
Elite run blocker
Solid pass blocker
Mean streak
Constantly works to improve
Only been in the league 4 years
Doesn’t even turn 26 till May, so the whole contract is for his prime years.
3 time pro bowler

His deal will be a HUGE bargain within 2 years.
You might be right.

I do wonder what effect Terron Armstead will have. I don't see the Saints being able to afford him and Williams-who is much younger. They have crap QBs anyways, so they might let Armstead walk. If so, he's gonna sign what would have to be a massive deal. Both Miami and Jacksonville have needs for a LT and have tons of cap room.

If the Chiefs wanna be smart, they might get Orlando's deal done before Armstead can sign his.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:07 AM 01-28-2022
Keeping him will help continuity along the line plus trust and Patrick will have a feel on his blocks.

This offense is cruising and this offensive line is bulldozing in the running game even if we don't run a lot.

Veach revamped this offensive line and it's paying off. Keep Brown and worry about other needs like Safety.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:14 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Keeping him will help continuity along the line plus trust and Patrick will have a feel on his blocks.

This offense is cruising and this offensive line is bulldozing in the running game even if we don't run a lot.

Veach revamped this offensive line and it's paying off. Keep Brown and worry about other needs like Safety.
its the best oline left!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You might be right.

I do wonder what effect Terron Armstead will have. I don't see the Saints being able to afford him and Williams-who is much younger. They have crap QBs anyways, so they might let Armstead walk. If so, he's gonna sign what would have to be a massive deal. Both Miami and Jacksonville have needs for a LT and have tons of cap room.

If the Chiefs wanna be smart, they might get Orlando's deal done before Armstead can sign his.
Armstead's Spotrac market value is $23M per. He's likely to be the best LT available and probably a top 5 FA overall.

That's why I think they get something done with Brown Jr. for somewhere between $21M and $22M per.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:04 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Armstead's Spotrac market value is $23M per. He's likely to be the best LT available and probably a top 5 FA overall.

That's why I think they get something done with Brown Jr. for somewhere between $21M and $22M per.
I agree with all of this but BossC has a point. OBJ is younger and has been in 3 pro bowls. No all pros yet but those are probably coming. He's also not nearly as injured as Armstead....who will likely get at least 23M. I can see a bidding war between the 2 FL teams resulting in a dumb contract for him.

I'm starting to think if we can lock him up for 6 yrs then maybe 23/yr isn't THAT terrible. Contacts are just gonna go up from here. Of course, I'm not sure his agent agrees to a 6 yr deal. I personally would want to maximize my ability to get 2 major deals done of the course of his career.

Hopefully you're right and it won't cost more than 20-22 per.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 01-28-2022
I really don't think he signs for a penny less than $21M per year and I think it will be a bit over $22M when it's done.

My prediction is still 5 years, $112M.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:12 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I really don't think he signs for a penny less than $21M per year and I think it will be a bit over $22M when it's done.

My prediction is still 5 years, $112M.
I can live with that. Gives us continuity along the line for the next 3 years or so till we have to resign Creed and Smith.
[Reply]
Balto 11:13 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You think we’ll find a rookie LT at 30 or later better than Orland Brown Jr is right now? Why would a minimum of 29 other teams pass on a rookie who’s that good at a premium position?
While agree and hope he gets resigned….you have to also consider this:

OBJ

Vs

Rookie + $20M cap
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:

OBJ

Vs

Rookie + $20M cap
The only two rookie tackles that both played on the left side AND played well were taken in the top 15 of the draft.

We talked about a dozen tackles this past offseason as options for the Chiefs. Very few of them even played left tackle this season and most of them were average to bad, even after moving to RT or even guard.

Going with a rookie would be asking for a disaster to happen. It's not even really an option, specially when you consider that a long-term deal with OBJ would probably carry a cap number of less than $10M in 2022.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:16 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:

OBJ

Vs

Rookie + $20M cap
You also have to factor in the Mahomes factor. Protecting him for $20M is a better ROI than protecting him on a rookie salary with a lesser talent.
[Reply]
Page 181 of 192
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191 > Last »
Up