Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:40 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Serious question... Why is AT Perry not as much in the discussion in round 1 as Quentin Johnston, if not more so?

I like Johnston but at the end of the day, Perry might end up being the better player.
I said the exact same thing and.... crickets. Right!? What other year would this guy not be at the top?! This is supposed to be a down year at the top of the WR stack this year too
[Reply]
Coogs 04:52 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sure it is. His first 4 games weren't very good statistically.

You have to excuse the Texas Tech game though since he only played a few snaps and left the game for good.
I've watched his highlight reels, and he looks very impressive in those. And I did see the Kansas State Big 12 championship and national semifinal game aainst Michigan. He was very good in both of those.

Looking at his stats, he actually had 7 good to great games, 6 so-so to nothing, and the Texas Tech game.

Easy to see the talent is there.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:20 PM 04-22-2023
I'm really liking Tyler Scott the more I watch. If we go DL/OL round 1 I want Scott round 2/3.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:45 PM 04-22-2023
Damn Mingo is becoming my draft crush kind of the same as last year with Pickens. I think he might be my favorite wr.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:47 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I said the exact same thing and.... crickets. Right!? What other year would this guy not be at the top?! This is supposed to be a down year at the top of the WR stack this year too
I think it's the drops and change of direction but I look at the rest of the top of the stack and there are just as many question marks. Johnston doesn't have better agility. Flowers doesn't have better hands. Honestly, I'd say his agility is better than Johnston's.

Are the hands everything? If so, then why isn't Flowers carrying a high 3rd grade? I'm perplexed.
[Reply]
Big TT 12:55 PM 04-25-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ok now to be fair, Flowers is working on a terrible team with nothing around him. The other team knows he's getting the ball as he's the only guy worth a damn.

Hyatt is being schemed open and he's working off of Cedric Tillman for space. Not to mention the other NFL players on his offense that Zay doesn't have.
Actually Tillman was injured much of the season...so that's a load of crap...ALL IN ON HYATT.
[Reply]
Big TT 12:56 PM 04-25-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How many times does Hyatt have a contested release? He's doing a bunch of motion and stack releases where he's literally running free.
So...you don't think Andy can figure stuff out like that....LOL
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:18 PM 04-26-2023
I'm doubting Jaylin Hyatt makes it to the 2nd round.

Seems like the fast guy goes in the 1st every year.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:37 AM 04-27-2023
Whoa! Todd McShay has Jonathan Mingo as his #5 WR.

I've been saying since my first mock that he's going to climb, was original slated for the 4th and now could go early in the 2nd.

Same for Perry I think, but he's not getting as much love as Mingo.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:00 PM 04-28-2023
Tough night for the Hyatt hype
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:12 PM 04-30-2023
Future WR Core =

Toney - 1st RD
Rice - 2nd RD
Moore - 2nd RD
Ross - UDFA w/ 1st RD Talent

Maybe I'm just a homer, but that's a pretty promising young group of pass catchers. These guys stay healthy and live up to their potential we'll be solid. Toney's agility as our x-factor, Rice fills JuJu's role, Moore's becomes our dependable route running slot, Ross if he can maximize his potential becomes our tall WR on the outside.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:15 PM 05-01-2023
So overall with the Chiefsplanet scouting department... what did we get right and what did we get wrong (in relation to NFL GMs)?

-JSN, Johnston, Addison, Flowers, Mingo, Rice, Dell I think were all relatively liked by CP and went where we imagined (within reason).

-Hyatt, AT Perry, Trey Palmer, Xavier Hutchinson went a lot lower than I think the general consensus.

Anything stick out for you fellas? My biggest whiff was Jalen Moreno-Cropper. Hell I still like him but UDFA was surprising to me.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:08 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
So overall with the Chiefsplanet scouting department... what did we get right and what did we get wrong (in relation to NFL GMs)?

-JSN, Johnston, Addison, Flowers, Mingo, Rice, Dell I think were all relatively liked by CP and went where we imagined (within reason).

-Hyatt, AT Perry, Trey Palmer, Xavier Hutchinson went a lot lower than I think the general consensus.

Anything stick out for you fellas? My biggest whiff was Jalen Moreno-Cropper. Hell I still like him but UDFA was surprising to me.
I think Tyler Scott should have went higher but he fell to Chicago who needed a Mooney replacement after this year (and he should not have lasted to the 5th round in his draft year).

So not expecting much from Scott this year but I think he pops next year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:57 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Posted it in the Justin Watson thread. Im not gonna cower behind the majority on this any longer.

Trey Palmer is a top 3 WR in this draft class.

There, i said it. IDGAF what anyone says, where he's slated to be drafted etc. He's a top 3 WR in this class. I'm dying on this hill. I've seen enough. I'm convinced.
Looks like my draft crush Trey Palmer has won the slot job in TB. Not bad for a 6h round pick that everyone slept on. They're down in TB talking "star" potential.

[Reply]
ModSocks 06:00 PM 09-08-2023

[Reply]
Page 33 of 34
« First < 232930313233 34 >
Up