Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:56 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Which guy though?

If it's Jalin Hyatt sure but I'd be stunned if Rice is as productive as Zay Flowers.
I wouldn't at all.

Nothing against Flowers, but lots of great WR's come from other rounds besides the first, and lots of first rounders bust.

If Mingo is a smart guy and a hard worker (of which I know nada), he might well be the best receiver in this draft. His size and speed combo is unreal. Who knows?

And Rice? Serious speed and size. His floor might be MVS, but the ceiling? off the charts.

Flowers might well be great, but we'll have to see.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:59 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
IF somehow my thoughts on AT Perry are slightly off and he slips to 63...

How would you guys feel about the first two rounds of just pure offensive weapon madness with:

1. Jahmyr Gibbs
2. AT Perry
???

I think that'd open this offense up to another dimension.
That'd be pretty electric!

I agree that Perry could be one of those guys that's being incorrectly projected and could sneak into the bottom of the 1st in the real draft.

If I'm nitpicking Perry, it's his route tree IMO. Feels like he only runs the deep route, and comebacks.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:08 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I wouldn't at all.

Nothing against Flowers, but lots of great WR's come from other rounds besides the first, and lots of first rounders bust.

If Mingo is a smart guy and a hard worker (of which I know nada), he might well be the best receiver in this draft. His size and speed combo is unreal. Who knows?

And Rice? Serious speed and size. His floor might be MVS, but the ceiling? off the charts.

I just finished the nfl stock exchange pod on top 15 wr. I thought rice was bigger they have him at 6’
[Reply]
kccrow 06:17 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
That'd be pretty electric!

I agree that Perry could be one of those guys that's being incorrectly projected and could sneak into the bottom of the 1st in the real draft.

If I'm nitpicking Perry, it's his route tree IMO. Feels like he only runs the deep route, and comebacks.
I don't think the routes are a major issue, he runs a lot like Justyn Ross does. I think the hands are the only real question mark in his games but he is so good most of the time that I don't know if it's "that big" of a deal. 8/9 drops and 80+ receptions I can live with. It's not perfect but it's also not something that I think it's a major problem.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:20 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I wouldn't at all.

Because for all of Rices testing numbers, he doesn't separate. Flowers however creates separation at every level of the field.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:01 PM 04-07-2023
Flowers is a dog.

Toney, Flowers and Skyy would all fit together in this offense ideally if KT can stay healthy.
[Reply]
kozzman555 09:20 PM 04-07-2023
Because for all of Rices testing numbers, he doesn't separate. Flowers however creates separation at every level of the field.
This is why I don't like Andrei Iosavisasasdfadsas from Princeton or Yale or whatever Ivy League school he's at. Great measurables, but you never see separation on his tape.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:40 AM 04-08-2023
I know I am a bigger Trey Palmer fan than most here, but I really think he would fit in nice here. I watched nearly every one of the Huskers games last year. He was virtually the only player the other team had to game plan for, yet he still posted great numbers. If Thompson would not have been injured, you could make a case Palmer would have led the nation in receiving yardage. He played nearly 3 full games without Thompson, and Thompson's first game back, Thompson was not 100% by a long shot.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:59 AM 04-09-2023
I really don't see that at all.

Looking at the tape, I see a lot of screens and short stuff with Flowers where you get him the ball and he looks a LOT like Toney. He makes people look stupid. He's electric with the ball in his hands. But downfield? Other than blown coverages, not much separation during the route, although he does remarkably well in contested catch situations given his size.

With Rice, I see Deandre Hopkins.

Now, is Flowers a great fit for this offense? Sure, absolutely, although he's a lot like Toney, and maybe a rich man's Moore. So is that too much of the small, shifty guy in the WR room? I don't know. I don't know if Andy cares, really.

Rice I like as a traditional 'X'.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:30 PM 04-09-2023
I don't get Rice, really don't. Fully expect to be wrong on this but meh. Weird thing is I've seen tape where I "got it" and then tape where I was really cold on him. I just don't see the speed others do or the separation. He seems like a possession receiver, great at the catch point, I just don't know that's a guy the Chiefs go for or use.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:32 PM 04-09-2023
Then again I'm cooling on Flowers a little too. Just going back to my original thought, it's not a good year. Lots of depth of guys you think could offer something, but not a lot to be really excited about or sure of.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:49 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't get Rice, really don't. Fully expect to be wrong on this but meh. Weird thing is I've seen tape where I "got it" and then tape where I was really cold on him. I just don't see the speed others do or the separation. He seems like a possession receiver, great at the catch point, I just don't know that's a guy the Chiefs go for or use.
Watch Rice, then watch Hopkins. It's just different type of receiver than we're used to here. Against man coverage, all he needs is a step. Zone is where Andy schemes guys open.

In Houston, Hopkins lived on 50/50 balls, but many here want to pay a premium plus picks to get him.

Rice is a faster, but rawer Hopkins.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:18 PM 04-09-2023
Then again I'm cooling on Flowers a little too. Just going back to my original thought, it's not a good year. Lots of depth of guys you think could offer something, but not a lot to be really excited about or sure of.
I'd be all about Flowers, but we have Toney, and I'd rather stack complimentary skill-sets.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:21 PM 04-09-2023
By the way, I'm not saying Rice is absolutely going to equal Hopkins in the NFL, I'm just saying that is who he reminds me of stylistically and athletically.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:00 PM 04-09-2023
He doesn't have a ton of speed or separation. He is a possession receiver. He runs good routes and wins at the catch point and has an enormous radius. He's a better version of JuJu.

He's going to win as guys like Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, or Brandon Aiyuk win.

Don't overthink it. He's a good WR. He's not the speed merchant most guys clamor for. Most of the best WRs aren't as fast as people like to think.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 34
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up