ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 94
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:25 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's. Not. Playing. Great.

Chris Jones is.

This has to be trolling, right? Because we hosted the AFC Championship game in the only year we had Mahomes, Kelce and Jones but DIDN'T have Frank Clark, fellas.

Nothing will make that contract 'worth it' - absolutely nothing. He's been a massive waste of capital.

The only thing he can do is salvage some pride after stealing checks for 4 years.
:-)... He mediocre play hasn't hurt us in the regular season as we have hosted 4 straight AFCCGs, despite many times it being frustrating. He has been productive and is and playing his best football in the playoffs. If he has two more good games and we win the SB it was all worth it, period, no matter how much you hate the guy.
[Reply]
philfree 09:28 AM 01-24-2023
Someone PLEASE explain to me how this play, the Frank Clark sack, doesn't say FAR more about the dominance and the impact of Chris Jones than it does the 're-emergence' of Frank Clark...

I don't care what the box score says - Chris Jones made that play. I don't know that he would've even gotten credited with a pressure there, but Clark was busy getting stood up on the edge again until Jones flushed Lawrence directly into Clark's path after turning the guard sideways that would've gotten in Clark's way on any kind of inside move.

Chris Jones is the guy that makes this work - ALL of it. Clark's just along for the ride. And all of you patting yourselves on the back for that sack - "Oh sure, like a 3rd day pick could've made that play..." - tell me how one couldn't. Clark cleaned up the havoc created by Chris Jones and yes, a guy like Mike Danna can make that play every time.
Looks like they both made the play to me. And the way Clark got off the block and cut across to make the sack was pretty impressive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
Looks like they both made the play to me. And the way Clark got off the block and cut across to make the sack was pretty impressive.
What do you think replacement level DEs do out there?

It was a super average swim move where he didn't even use his left hand to create separation before using his right. It was an objectively bad swim move but the OT didn't really care much about it because he was giving up the inside expecting Lawrence to be at the back of his drop and the G to be there.

No, there was exactly NOTHING impressive about that play. He didn't rock the OT back. He didn't influence the pocket. He didn't set up a move. The one thing you can give him some credit for is at least keeping his eyes on the QB to allow him to locate and pursue him.

The OT was never at risk in that rep at all until he essentially passed Clark to the inside where Jones had completely obliterated the play.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:43 AM 01-24-2023
You know...we can agree that we overpaid vastly for Clark and still acknowledge that THAT was a nice play.

Just sayin'.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)... He mediocre play hasn't hurt us in the regular season as we have hosted 4 straight AFCCGs, despite many times it being frustrating. He has been productive and is and playing his best football in the playoffs. If he has two more good games and we win the SB it was all worth it, period, no matter how much you hate the guy.
Frank Clark has sucked up more draft/cap capital than any defensive player in Chiefs franchise history.

And your metric for 'worth it' was "can this guy clear the staggeringly low bar he set for himself in the regular season..."

Just...wow.

All the Frank Clark experience has done is prove how extraordinarily valuable Mahomes, Kelce and Jones are. Because those guys are so damn good they can drag this friggen carcass to AFCCGs year after year after year.

Y'know, just like they did in 2018 when Clark was in Seattle pretending to be a tough guy.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:46 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know...we can agree that we overpaid vastly for Clark and still acknowledge that THAT was a nice play.

Just sayin'.
DJ has a hatred for Clark not unjustified but he does. Clark could come out Sunday and break the franchise record for sacks in a game and he would still hate him.
[Reply]
philfree 09:46 AM 01-24-2023
What do you think replacement level DEs do out there?

It was a super average swim move where he didn't even use his left hand to create separation before using his right. It was an objectively bad swim move but the OT didn't really care much about it because he was giving up the inside expecting Lawrence to be at the back of his drop and the G to be there.

No, there was exactly NOTHING impressive about that play. He didn't rock the OT back. He didn't influence the pocket. He didn't set up a move. The one thing you can give him some credit for is at least keeping his eyes on the QB to allow him to locate and pursue him.

The OT was never at risk in that rep at all until he essentially passed Clark to the inside where Jones had completely obliterated the play.
Aren't you the guy who posted we that we don't need to win a SB now, we won one three years ago?

Clark made a good play so get over it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Just sayin'.
What did he do?!?!

Look at the OT - he's just absolutely stoned him. And then he lets him go. Because nobody stunts late - if the play is on time, a guy can't loop inside that late in the play and make an impact. And if the G is where he's supposed to be, the OT chasing Clark inside will just yield a pile-up.

Little stopped him dead then passed him off. All Clark did was go where Little directed him.

Jones made ALL of it work. He wiped out the G that ended up making Little look silly in giving Clark his inside shoulder. He then flushed Lawrence into him.

It's literally ALL Chris Jones. Any replacement level scrub finishes that play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
Aren't you the guy who posted we that we don't need to win a SB now, we won one three years ago?

Clark made a good play so get over it.
Huh?

Clark managed to wipe his ass without sticking his thumb in his butthole.

Good for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
DJ has a hatred for Clark not unjustified but he does. Clark could come out Sunday and break the franchise record for sacks in a game and he would still hate him.
I begged that man to show up prior to the AFCCG last year. There was never an easier opportunity for him to provide ANYTHING to this franchise.

And he no-showed.

Yeah, I obviously never liked the trade and can't stand that faux tough guy schtick he does out there.

But it wasn't until after last season's game against the Bengals that I truly came to loathe this motherfucker. And his fanbois only made the hate deeper when they decided he was a special needs equipment manager who deserves credit for not getting fat and drunk in the off-season and then not laying down and taking a nap during the game.

The guy could save a busload of nuns and I'd ask why he didn't show up with snacks. Fuck Frank Clark.

That said - I still see little in the way of substantive rebuttal from the Shart Squad. He's played passable ball last week. Not good and DEFINITELY not great. He was roughly as good as Mike Danna. And that's all he's been even at his best this season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:03 AM 01-24-2023
I begged that man to show up prior to the AFCCG last year. There was never an easier opportunity for him to provide ANYTHING to this franchise.

And he no-showed.

Yeah, I obviously never liked the trade and can't stand that faux tough guy schtick he does out there.

But it wasn't until after last season's game against the Bengals that I truly came to loathe this motherfucker. And his fanbois only made the hate deeper when they decided he was a special needs equipment manager who deserves credit for not getting fat and drunk in the off-season and then not laying down and taking a nap during the game.

The guy could save a busload of nuns and I'd ask why he didn't show up with snacks. Fuck Frank Clark.

That said - I still see little in the way of substantive rebuttal from the Shart Squad. He's played passable ball last week. Not good and DEFINITELY not great. He was roughly as good as Mike Danna. And that's all he's been even at his best this season.
We'll see if he shows up again this year. Dude is going up against a LT who now has two whole starts to his name. If he doesn't do shit...then he is what he is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We'll see if he shows up again this year. Dude is going up against a LT who now has two whole starts to his name. If he doesn't do shit...then he is what he is.
He already is who he is.

But even 'who he is' should be able to impact the game against a fucking bum like Jackson Carman if he bothers to try.

Y'know, unlike the AFCCG last year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 01-24-2023
He already is who he is.

But even 'who he is' should be able to impact the game against a fucking bum like Jackson Carman if he bothers to try.

Y'know, unlike the AFCCG last year.
Oh I agree. I'm just hoping that if he does finally show the fuck up...that Veach doesn't see that and think he's worth that last year of his deal.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:14 AM 01-24-2023
Seth Keysor had a nice breakdown of the heavy zone blitz usage by Spags in this game. Clark was often the one dropping into coverage and ended up with another solid 75.4 coverage grade.

The guy just has versatility that a lot of other DEs don't. He's really a force multiplier that doesn't always show up on the stat sheet.

He basically allows Chris Jones to do what Chris Jones does.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 01-24-2023
Wow.

Frank Clark makes Chris Jones because he's a coverage ace.

Well there's a take.

You know he had 2 snaps in coverage last week, right?

Just...wow.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 94
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up