ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 360
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 08:48 PM 03-19-2015
Who keeps a car stock? I bought a daily hatchback to put my kid in the back. Day 1 had it debaged, tinted, window guards. Add free mods, drop in, springs, RCAs, stanced it and more.

If had that Dodge I would mod the shit out of it. Intake/exhaust/tune #1~
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:51 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No idea the meaning behind your words. Why does drag radials mean a <4.0 0-60 time is BS. I've seen others posted with sub 4.0's.

As far as me being a n00b, I'm not pretending to be otherwise anywhere I visited so far. I don't know shit. It would be useless to pretend otherwise.
All I'm saying is careful throwing around numbers, car guys can be ruthless and call bulllshit. Be careful about selling shit on the net as gospel it just makes you look bad if it turns out to be bs. That's it bud not trying to throw shade on you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:07 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I have always been a fan of Borla exhaust on cars with big V8s

I will soon find out how much I like Borla mufflers. All stainless 3" through the XR1 mufflers to 2.5" tailpipes. (no tailpipes in the picture)

A little higher pitched than I am used to.. Will drive it tomorrow for the fist time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 PM 03-19-2015
Yeah, I'm planning on a badge or two and depending on the sound considering a cat back system.

Besides that, I'm keeping it as it came from the factory. I ordered the car. I'm getting what I wanted already.
I forgot I'm also going to tint the windows and install an alarm.
[Reply]
Miles 09:13 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Who keeps a car stock? I bought a daily hatchback to put my kid in the back. Day 1 had it debaged, tinted, window guards. Add free mods, drop in, springs, RCAs, stanced it and more.

If had that Dodge I would mod the shit out of it. Intake/exhaust/tune #1~
For whatever reason I prefer stock and have little interest in mods. Though can defiantly see the appeal of screwing around with stuff like that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
All I'm saying is careful throwing around numbers, car guys can be ruthless and call bulllshit. Be careful about selling shit on the net as gospel it just makes you look bad if it turns out to be bs. That's it bud not trying to throw shade on you.
You mean like this site?:-)

But point taken. I have no idea or background to tell if numbers are inflated or real.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:23 PM 03-19-2015
I forgot I'm also going to tint the windows and install an alarm.
Is there really a need for an alarm in this day and age? Doesn't the car have anti theft technology built in?

Its a push button ignition isn't it? RFID keyfob?
[Reply]
hometeam 09:36 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Is there really a need for an alarm in this day and age? Doesn't the car have anti theft technology built in?

Right.

The car has a built in alarm, chipped key,(or proximity key) etc. Dont let some dude cut up your shit with some janky aftermarket alarm. He will have to blow the dust off of it in the back room thats how long its been since he last sold one.
[Reply]
Miles 10:01 PM 03-19-2015
Right.

The car has a built in alarm, chipped key,(or proximity key) etc. Dont let some dude cut up your shit with some janky aftermarket alarm. He will have to blow the dust off of it in the back room thats how long its been since he last sold one.
One of my neighbors has one of those old school alarms that is, not surprisingly, a over sensitive. Have wondered if it would be legal to have it towed to an open field and torched.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:40 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
One of my neighbors has one of those old school alarms that is, not surprisingly, a over sensitive. Have wondered if it would be legal to have it towed to an open field and torched.
Office space style.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:42 PM 03-19-2015

I will soon find out how much I like Borla mufflers. All stainless 3" through the XR1 mufflers to 2.5" tailpipes. (no tailpipes in the picture)

A little higher pitched than I am used to.. Will drive it tomorrow for the fist time.
Why would you choke a 3" system with 2.5 tails?? Love the XR1's running the race bullets in my turbo car.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:53 PM 03-19-2015

There are some dumbshit teenagers around me. They may think you can smash a window and hot wire the car.:-)

The anti-theft stuff is not listed on the purchase order. Cool. I've not bought a car in 10 years. Standard stuff these days huh?
[Reply]
Miles 01:38 AM 03-20-2015
Just my preference but I wouldn't be quick to mod that Challenger. Particularly with a special car like that and power modes might just help you ruin tires faster and make it less manageable to have fun with. Maybe an exhaust but imagine it will sound badass right when you get it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:58 AM 03-20-2015
Right.

this especially for sure.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:06 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
this especially for sure.
What about paint sealant. How long do you wait before putting it on? I had a guy put it on 10 years ago when I bought my Mustang. Still looks good after 144K miles. Wish I could remember what it was? But anyway surely the tech has come a long ways in 10 years.

Do I buy it myself and put it on? Go professional? Do you guys do this?
Attached: Mustang.jpg (82.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 14 of 360
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up