ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 247
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
staylor26 05:40 PM 09-21-2022
:-) @ PFF

:-) even more @ a very small sample size against a passing game consisting of Tannehill, a banged up OL, and a bunch of JAGs at WR.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:43 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Mahomes got an insane amount of hype early on. But, I mean, you have no choice but to hype a guy who puts up 50 and 5000 in his first year, and then follows it up by winning SB MVP.

He’s taken a lot of unfair criticism the last year or so. And there’s definitely been a double standard. No better example than “NHF” or whatever the hell the acronym was that was created for Josh Allen. Last year, when that happened to Mahomes like 8 times, it was “he’s really struggling.”

Mahomes isn’t allowed to have a single off day, or even a mediocre one. He’s held to a higher standard than any QB in history. And yet, the same people downgraded him to 5th best QB in the league or even lower, 2nd best QB in his own division, and a tier 2 “playground” QB. Go figure.
Oh I completely agree with you here, I’m not saying the media doesn’t suck. They treat Mahomes like he’s some flash in the pan guy who has been regressing every year. It’s despicable.

What I’m saying is it doesn’t seem to matter with fans and advertisers. They know where the money is, and they keep plastering Mahomes all over everything. The Chiefs are the top game on CBS almost every time they aren’t playing a night game.

Part of it just feels like fake drama they have to create because he’s just so head and shoulders above everyone. Anyone who watches him play and understands football knows how amazing he is. If they just kept talking about it, people would lose interest. They have to hype up the “next” guy to keep clicks coming.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:50 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by JustRyan:
Not sure where you’re getting your info from.

Benford looks amazing but Elam has played great. He played almost 70% of the defensive snaps against Tennessee and only gave up 17 total yards.

He’s also listed as a top rookie so far, from PFF: “ 12. CB KAIIR ELAM, BUFFALO BILLS (71.3)

Elam continues to be a value add as a rookie for the Bills' defense. He allowed two catches on three targets for just 17 yards against the Titans. Through two games, Elam has now surrendered a grand total of 40 yards into his coverage.”

pff.com/news/nfl-rookies-15-highest-graded-week-2-2022
That was his grade from week 2 against a horrific Titans WR corps, not his overall grade/ranking. His grade in week 1 was 51.

Let me know how he does if they let him on the field versus Hill and Waddle.
[Reply]
the steam 06:01 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Oh I completely agree with you here, I’m not saying the media doesn’t suck. They treat Mahomes like he’s some flash in the pan guy who has been regressing every year. It’s despicable.
Nick Wright and Tony Romo make up for it.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 06:05 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
That was his grade from week 2 against a horrific Titans WR corps, not his overall grade/ranking. His grade in week 1 was 51.

Let me know how he does if they let him on the field versus Hill and Waddle.
He allowed 3 receptions against Kupp in Week 1 and 2 against Robert Woods and Burks in Week 2.

I’m very happy with that. I understand if you want to degrade him though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:08 PM 09-21-2022
You’re right that the Bills are not unbeatable. NO team is unbeatable.

The Bills have won their last 20 games in a row by double digits. No team has done that since 1941. Not the Chiefs, not the Patriots, not the Greatest Show On Turf Rams. I think that deserves some respect but I also know it can change in an instant.
Who....the....fuck....cares. What about their absolute awful losses in that span??The Bills are nothing until they prove it
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:11 PM 09-21-2022
He allowed 3 receptions against Kupp in Week 1 and 2 against Robert Woods and Burks in Week 2.

You're a knowmo level clown. Elam is pure dog shit
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:19 PM 09-21-2022

Do you think it’s worth mentioning that he was targeted 3 times in the Rams game and he gave up 3 receptions? So he basically stopped nothing? Hence the poor PFF grade?

I don’t understand how you’d be very happy with a 100% completion percentage against your first round pick. I understand if you want to upgrade him though.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:21 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Who....the....fuck....cares. What about their absolute awful losses in that span??The Bills are nothing until they prove it
They look like the best team in the league in week 2.

For whatever that's worth...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:29 PM 09-21-2022
You’re right that the Bills are not unbeatable. NO team is unbeatable.

But to answer your question on what the Bills did this off-season to become stronger:

- They signed Von Miller who is drawing double teams and RB blocking help, which has freed up the rest of the d-line to cause havoc. I questioned this signing when it happened, but it’s working. Incredibly well.
- They drafted 2 cornerbacks, both of whom that are starting and look really good so far.
- The Bills numerous first round draft picks on the d-line are now a year older and they’re starting to dominate. Ed Oliver and Greg Rousseau are wrecking the linemen in front of them.
- Signed Tim Settle and Jordan Phillips - two starting quality D-Linemen that are depth on the Bills, allowing them to rotate and keep guys healthy.
- Josh Allen has become very patient and methodical. He is throwing short, long, and intermediate. The announcers during the game have compared him to Brady with his new methodical nature, and though I think that’s an extreme stretch, I get what they’re saying (he used to force balls instead of being patient).

All in all, it’s only been two games. But that’s all we can go on so far.

The Bills have won their last 20 games in a row by double digits. No team has done that since 1941. Not the Chiefs, not the Patriots, not the Greatest Show On Turf Rams. I think that deserves some respect but I also know it can change in an instant.
This tells me a couple things:

1. The Bills are really good at stepping on people’s throats and finishing them off when they’ve got them down.

2. They struggle to win close games, particularly against good teams. For the last nearly 2 years, almost every game they have lost has been decided by 7 points or less. The lone exception being the AFC Title Game lost to KC when they lost by 14. By in large, if the Bills are involved in a close game and it comes down to the wire, they will almost always lose the game.

And this isn’t me trying to trash talk them or anything. I recognize that they’re a really good team. But that’s what the data shows. It’s hard to manipulate those numbers. It is what it is.

So until the Bills learn to win close games in crunch time, they won’t be going to anywhere of significance, playoffs or not.
[Reply]
Shag 06:31 PM 09-21-2022
Why does margin of victory matter, when the Bills are 13-7 over their past 20 games? They play in a garbage division, and had a soft schedule last season. The Bills are a great team, but what a bizarre thing to try and brag about.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:34 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
They look like the best team in the league in week 2.

For whatever that's worth...
Shhhhh...the table breakers will try and put that on a trophy..:-)

I....don't....give....a...fuck si not sure why you're telling me that
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:35 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
Why does margin of victory matter, when the Bills are 13-7 over their past 20 games? They play in a garbage division, and had a soft schedule last season. The Bills are a great team, but what a bizarre thing to try and brag about.
Imagine bragging about a 13-7 stretch :-) that's really pathetic
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:36 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This tells me a couple things:

1. The Bills are really good at stepping on people’s throats and finishing them off when they’ve got them down.

2. They struggle to win close games, particularly against good teams. For the last nearly 2 years, almost every game they have lost has been decided by 7 points or less. The lone exception being the AFC Title Game lost to KC when they lost by 14. By in large, if the Bills are involved in a close game and it comes down to the wire, they will almost always lose the game.

And this isn’t me trying to trash talk them or anything. I recognize that they’re a really good team. But that’s what the data shows. It’s hard to manipulate those numbers. It is what it is.

So until the Bills learn to win close games in crunch time, they won’t be going to anywhere of significance, playoffs or not.
Reminds me of the Rivers Chargers
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:44 PM 09-21-2022
I will also say...the Bills better win 1 soon because I don't care how "tough" you think Allen is that play style will not hold up in the NFL. Ask Cam Newton...and many others
[Reply]
Page 36 of 247
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up