6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:57 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sometimes, guys need a chance and PT to prove themselves. We’ll see how Olivares adjusts - hopefully well - now that the league has seen him a bit. He’s not just punishing fastballs, though. He has hit some good pitches out (the one off Giolito especially - that was a pretty good changeup down and away).

I was really encouraged by Lynch’s start because he started working swing and miss into his results. You could also tell that he wasn’t happy with his execution of the slider on some of the Ks - he got swings and misses even though the slider caught too much of the zone. I like to see that.
Hope Singer is watching
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:34 AM 08-06-2021
Worth pointing out:

The Royals got Olivares and a PTBNL for Trevor Rosenthal.

The PTBNL ended up being a reliever prospect named Dylan Coleman. Who now is throwing upper 90s with a wipeout slider and looks like a potential future dominant back-end bullpen guy. I expect him to get a look soon, maybe September or maybe out of ST next year.

An average or better everyday outfield and bullpen weapon would be a pretty tremendous return for a rental guy.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:31 AM 08-06-2021
Worth pointing out:

The PTBNL ended up being a reliever prospect named Dylan Coleman. Who now is throwing upper 90s with a wipeout slider and looks like a potential future dominant back-end bullpen guy. I expect him to get a look soon, maybe September or maybe out of ST next year.

An average or better everyday outfield and bullpen weapon would be a pretty tremendous return for a rental guy.

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:02 PM 08-06-2021
Worth pointing out:

It'd be nice for a DM trade to work out. It seems like it's been ages since that has happened.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:14 PM 08-06-2021
Worth pointing out:

I saw Coleman pitch an inning in Springfield a few weeks ago. He hit 100 several times.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:31 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It'd be nice for a DM trade to work out. It seems like it's been ages since that has happened.
He’s normally done fine with trades. How many good players has he even traded away? Not a ton.

If anything his big issues are (1) holding on too long rather than trading and of course (2) drafting
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:39 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He’s normally done fine with trades. How many good players has he even traded away? Not a ton.

If anything his big issues are (1) holding on too long rather than trading and of course (2) drafting
100%
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:19 PM 08-06-2021
No Olivares in the lineup tonight. This is really starting to piss me off in an irrational way.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:53 PM 08-06-2021
Jesus. And it was to keep Ryan O’Hearn’s goddamn AAAA bat in the lineup?

The fuck.

Shades of Mozeliak having to trade guys so Matheny would stop running them out there.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:05 PM 08-06-2021
Jesus. And it was to keep Ryan O’Hearn’s goddamn AAAA bat in the lineup?

The ****.

Shades of Mozeliak having to trade guys so Matheny would stop running them out there.
He’s platooning against Wainwright in order to get a meaningless win. Because DM values marginal wins more than developing players.

Here’s an idea: Play Olivares against Waino and see what he can do. Isn’t that the fucking point? But no, Moore thinks that empty-calorie 70th win is more important to competing in 22-23 than, you know, actually developing talent.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:05 PM 08-06-2021
Why no Salvy tonight?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:06 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Why no Salvy tonight?
Woke up not feeling well. Precautionary
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:18 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He’s platooning against Wainwright in order to get a meaningless win. Because DM values marginal wins more than developing players.

Here’s an idea: Play Olivares against Waino and see what he can do. Isn’t that the fucking point? But no, Moore thinks that empty-calorie 70th win is more important to competing in 22-23 than, you know, actually developing talent.

Moore isn’t filling out the lineup card, though.

But he also clearly believes they should be chasing wins.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:20 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Woke up not feeling well. Precautionary
Tonight’s lineup is very Omaha Storm Chasers-esq
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:42 PM 08-06-2021
Moore isn’t filling out the lineup card, though.

But he also clearly believes they should be chasing wins.
Matheny and Moore are on the same page, though
[Reply]
Page 308 of 440
« First < 208258298304305306307308 309310311312318358408 > Last »
Up