ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 465 of 3903
« First < 365415455461462463464465 4664674684694755155659651465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:45 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I get stopping the young people partying and such, but that seems a bit much. You can't even go a for a walk along the beach now?
Its spring break. They are making tons of money off these spring breakers. It has to have been real hard for these local officials to close the beaches. Businesses and people counting on that money every year.

The general consensus is that they acted after all the bad publicity and videos of masses of people frolicking on the beaches went viral. It was a bad look in a crisis.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its already been approved for treatment from what I read earlier. WTH who knows what to believe anymore.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wonder if that speaks primarily to wholesale implementation.

Hamas mentioned certain demographics don't respond well or suffer adverse side effects due to these cocktails (IIRC) and that would seem to suggest that maybe they're going to have to firm up data before they simply take their hands off the wheel and allow it to be used across the board.

Especially if, as I believe Hamas suggested, there are concerns over growing resistance and thus long-term declines in efficacy.

But it would seem that they could allow targeted applications fairly quickly. And public pressure will mount exponentially to do exactly that.
They're some demographics that have side effects, but those IIRC, are able to me monitored and treated on their own.

They're doing a huge test of this in France right now that we should have some good results on in a week.

I'm hopeful. I talked to a pharmacy buddy about it.
[Reply]
burt 12:46 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
for science.
Attached: science.jpeg (10.6 KB) 
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:46 PM 03-19-2020

Central China TV
“Expert” : “The US pushed out the vaccine so quickly, that only means they have been working on it way before the pandemic.”
Host: “So we can conclude that the US had this virus in their possession long ago”

CCP nonstop smear campaign

pic.twitter.com/56YcQr4cbP

— 黃子茵 霧亭 全民大契約 (@wutingzy) March 19, 2020

Loo
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:47 PM 03-19-2020
Politics but you'll hear no argument for me that we've made the wrong choices with China dating back to Nixon.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 12:47 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Can someone explain this to me because I am honestly at a loss on this.

H1N1 first case was April 15th 2009, day 72 was June 26th and there were 1MM known cases in the US.

This is day 72 of Covid 19 and we are around 10,000 know n cases. This cant be THAt much lower just due to lack of testing can it?

Here is the timeline.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html
In short, yes, it is due to a lack of testing. Here is a daily update on the number of tests run by the CDC and public health labs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

By day 72 of H1N1 we were averaging over 13K confirmations/day if you include all 72 days. That means there were literally millions of tests done in that time span.

With COVID-19 we're still at under 40K tests total, and the vast, vast majority of those have been in the past three weeks...meaning we lost close to two months of prep time and data collection.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:48 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Loo
Fuck around and find out China.
[Reply]
burt 12:49 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Just boot his dumb ass. How many warnings does he get?
Geez.... a shit ton. He's a good dude and one of us. Seems like everyones vagina is exposed....
Attached: francis.jpeg (8.2 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:49 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Just boot his dumb ass. How many warnings does he get?
maybe you should quit worrying about other posters and contribute some knowledge to the thread.
[Reply]
TLO 12:51 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're some demographics that have side effects, but those IIRC, are able to me monitored and treated on their own.

They're doing a huge test of this in France right now that we should have some good results on in a week.

I'm hopeful. I talked to a pharmacy buddy about it.
My Mom is a pharmacist and is also very excited about these developments. She had talked to me about trials being done in other countries, but no news media here was giving it much attention.

This drug has been around since the 1950's I believe. It's cheap and fairly easy to make. There are possible side effects (as with any medication) - but that's a calculated risk we have to take.

Fire up the production line and get this shit out.
[Reply]
burt 12:52 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
contribute some knowledge to the thread.
I would....but comparatively, I have no knowledge. I've got more info from this thread than I can get anywhere else!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:52 PM 03-19-2020
I'm just saying that if anyone interferes with my ability to stress-type and subject you to my own thoughts as I attempt to organize them in real-time, I'm climbing a bell-tower somewhere.

Y'all are the only captive audience I have. You have to sit there and take it while I type things.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:52 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
maybe you should quit worrying about other posters and contribute some knowledge to the thread.
Yes please offer your thoughts on our Boulder delema
[Reply]
srvy 12:53 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Geez.... a shit ton. He's a good dude and one of us. Seems like everyones vagina is exposed....
He is a dick he has been warned plenty times here and he says I'm sorry and does it again. He is an overreacting bs spreading blowhard.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:53 PM 03-19-2020
So you just blast asymptomatic people who have been in close verifiable proximity to confirmed infected with the malaria meds?
[Reply]
Page 465 of 3903
« First < 365415455461462463464465 4664674684694755155659651465 > Last »
Up