ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 347 of 361
« First < 247297337343344345346347 348349350351357 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 03:17 PM 09-21-2021
We back in the game baby!!

So I got a random text from a guy who used to work for me, and verbatim went;

"want to buy a race car?"
"Sure"

So my guy calls me and says the dude he works for now has been bitching that his garage is being taken up by a corvette that he hasnt fucked with for years. We commence to talk, dude knows nothing about cars and says yea it needs a wiring harness, so im thinking maybe its a rats next of wiring issues etc.

Anyways I check into it, get dudes number, call him up and arrange a time to come see this corvette hes done with..

I get there, the car is in great shape, starts up and runs (badly) ands DOES need a harness for the fuel injectors (common issue on LS motors) Says he had a heads and cam package put on the car, brought it home, parked it, never been tuned, never been drivin since, and hes tired of looking at it.

I get to looking at it and bargaining with the dude, and let me tell you, I absolutely stole this car. The car drove onto and off of the trailer.

06 C6 Vette, 93k miles.
6 speed car
6.0 ls2 heads/cam/supporting mods

The car does need that injector harness, which the guy included, its also going to need a couple sensors like the coolant temp sensor is broken off at the block, and we need to get new oil and gass into it before trying to run it when those are replaced as well. Even if I found the motor was toast I would be in this thing so fucking right if I said the number your eyeballs would pop out of your head.

Gives me a good little project, as if you have been around in this thread for some time, you know I like to tinker.

Anyone else been doing race car shit?
[Reply]
loochy 03:23 PM 09-21-2021
Hell yeah! You can find some good deals on C6 vettes these days.

I bet with the high mileage, the mechanical (electrical) issue, and him being tired of it, you took that MFer for under $20k
[Reply]
hometeam 03:26 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hell yeah! You can find some good deals on C6 vettes these days.

I bet with the high mileage, the mechanical (electrical) issue, and him being tired of it, you took that MFer for under $20k

i mean 90k is nothing for these cars, but

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:31 PM 09-21-2021
Cool.

I have no new stories. We just got our Twin-Turbo Coyote swap coupe back from the stereo shop, so we'll continue reassembling that. We took it all apart months ago to send everything to powder coaters/polishers etc. We had every single nut and bolt anodized too.

We gotta head up to Sacramento in the next week as we just picked up two more build jobs, more as favor to a long time customer/friend who's tired of his cars sitting up at that shop not getting worked on.

One is a restomod '66 Mustang Convertible, the other is a '73 Camaro that's being turned into a Pro-Touring car. We don't normally do Camaros but again...friend.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:32 PM 09-21-2021
My old beater is in the process of getting some paint fixed and new rear frame rails so we moved them in a bit and widened the tubs another 3" or so. Should be able to fit a 14-15" tire under it now. :-)

So hopefully, finally, by this next spring we will have some new Forgelines on her and the Procharger installed with a locked in tune on the EFI.

Or I might sell the thing looking at what classic car process are going for now.
[Reply]
hometeam 03:33 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Cool.

I have no new stories. We just got our Twin-Turbo Coyote swap coupe back from the stereo shop, so we'll continue reassembling that. We took it all apart months ago to send everything to powder coaters/polishers etc. We had every single nut and bolt anodized too.

We gotta head up to Sacramento in the next week as we just picked up two more build jobs, more as favor to a long time customer/friend who's tired of his cars sitting up at that shop not getting worked on.

One is a restomod '66 Mustang Convertible, the other is a '73 Camaro that's being turned into a Pro-Touring car. We don't normally do Camaros but again...friend.
Nothing wrong with that, yall do it up right. You should post more pics of the shit you are building
[Reply]
Holladay 07:07 PM 09-21-2021
Getting my grandfathers old '90 Scottsdale truck back soon. It had a straight 6 in it (busted rods thrown) and dropping a 350 in. It is a nice old pickup. I am looking forward to put it in my small "stable".

Some weak sauce, but I like reading this thread and all the goofy knowledge you guys have.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:36 PM 09-21-2021
No race car shit. Other than dad sold his camaro. I’m proud of him. It was hurting my soul to watch it rot at the back of our shop.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:43 PM 09-21-2021
Sold the fun car and bought a dad car.

I'm getting old and even more practical. Only thing I don't want is the dad bod.

I love that 'Vette, hometeam.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:49 PM 09-21-2021
Interestingly, my nephew that works for us got a job offer. So I did a bunch of math on H2A guys because 0% chance were getting someone local and determined it was best to go try and pay him. So we started negotiating.

Apparently the goofy fucker values having no bills over money. So we’re picking up some of his bills. One thing he wanted was a company vehicle. I was sticky on no personal use and he was fine. Now on the farm we have a bunch of older pickups that have quite a bit of life at our usage rate. But not so much if you add 10-12 a year of commuting. Then I’m in the pickup market which is retarded out here. That shit ain’t happening. So the fucker is getting a car. The commute is all on rough ass county roads so it needs to hold together. Will (not often) have to traverse mud so it needs to be front wheel drive.

I haven’t started looking in earnest but will soon. Any ideas? There were a couple cheap ass crown vics I almost pulled the trigger on but I don’t want to fuck with a rear wheel drive car. Like at all. Mail lady drove a Taurus. I’m probably leaning that direction.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:55 PM 09-21-2021
Interestingly, my nephew that works for us got a job offer. So I did a bunch of math on H2A guys because 0% chance were getting someone local and determined it was best to go try and pay him. So we started negotiating.

Apparently the goofy fucker values having no bills over money. So we’re picking up some of his bills. One thing he wanted was a company vehicle. I was sticky on no personal use and he was fine. Now on the farm we have a bunch of older pickups that have quite a bit of life at our usage rate. But not so much if you add 10-12 a year of commuting. Then I’m in the pickup market which is retarded out here. That shit ain’t happening. So the fucker is getting a car. The commute is all on rough ass county roads so it needs to hold together. Will (not often) have to traverse mud so it needs to be front wheel drive.

I haven’t started looking in earnest but will soon. Any ideas? There were a couple cheap ass crown vics I almost pulled the trigger on but I don’t want to fuck with a rear wheel drive car. Like at all. Mail lady drove a Taurus. I’m probably leaning that direction.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:21 PM 09-21-2021
This week I'm replacing the master cylinder, brake booster and hoses and shoes on my 1972 VW camper van. Does that count?

Oh that reminds me, Hey what is the best power bleeder? Anyone use the Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Automotive Pneumatic kit?
[Reply]
Holladay 10:02 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by :
1972 VW camper van. Does that count?
You are up my alley!

Actually, that would be a fun car to own. I have some fun memories in those VWs.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:08 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by :
my nephew
Originally Posted by :
Apparently the goofy ****er
I think Yugo's come in front wheel drive. Especially since you value his work ethic so much. Put some Blizzaks on it and let him go.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:13 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I think Yugo's come in front wheel drive. Especially since you value his work ethic so much. Put some Blizzaks on it and let him go.
LOL. I don’t want to pay him to work on it THAT much.

He’s actually a really good kid and a good employee. Which is remarkable given the fact that he was raised by my cunt sister.
[Reply]
Page 347 of 361
« First < 247297337343344345346347 348349350351357 > Last »
Up