ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What have you done with your CD collection?
seclark 11:15 AM 08-07-2022
I still have a shitload in my old Dakota that I hardly ever drive anymore.
I’m giving it to my grandson in a few months, so they’ll go with it.

sec
[Reply]
Frazod 11:20 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I have an Alpine CD player in my s10. Anyone want to get rid of their CD's, let me know.
My 2014 car actually has a CD player, but I've never used it. Instead, I have a holder for two phones plugged into it.

All my music is on my phone.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:15 AM 08-07-2022
I gave them to my old roommate when I moved out
[Reply]
backinblack 11:17 AM 08-07-2022
use them as Frisbees at the local dog park

Whose a good boy that caught Californication? You are, yes you are!
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:22 AM 08-07-2022
My 2017 vehicle also has a CD slot that's never been used
[Reply]
excessive 11:26 AM 08-07-2022
Ripped them to my computer, synced them to my phone, and play them on Bluetooth, in my car and on a brick.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:30 AM 08-07-2022
I have a mountain of CDs I need to get ripped to the 'puter.

I've noticed that all my music I have is, shall we say, starting to become dated.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:32 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I have a mountain of CDs I need to get ripped to the 'puter.

I've noticed that all my music I have is, shall we say, starting to become dated.
Same here, but at least it doesn't suck.

Easily 95% of my stuff dates back to the 80s or earlier.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:40 AM 08-07-2022
I'm still rocking cassettes in the '01 but thinking about upgrading to a CD player.

I've kept all of my and my wifes CDs. I should probably reevaluate why as most everything is on some streaming service. I've got them organized though so until it becomes a storage burden I'll probably keep them for some reason.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:46 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm still rocking cassettes in the '01 but thinking about upgrading to a CD player.

I've kept all of my and my wifes CDs. I should probably reevaluate why as most everything is on some streaming service. I've got them organized though so until it becomes a storage burden I'll probably keep them for some reason.
It would be a nice backup system. I uploaded all of my CDs onto itunes and then we donated them or sold them or something. Now itunes won't let me login and have put all of my newer music "on the cloud" against my wishes, so I'm worried that the next time I buy a computer it's going to be a nightmare.

I actually think the new music is more at risk than the old music, though. But itunes is the worst software ever created.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:56 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It would be a nice backup system. I uploaded all of my CDs onto itunes and then we donated them or sold them or something. Now itunes won't let me login and have put all of my newer music "on the cloud" against my wishes, so I'm worried that the next time I buy a computer it's going to be a nightmare.

I actually think the new music is more at risk than the old music, though. But itunes is the worst software ever created.
That's a good point.

I honestly can't remember the last time I even tried accessing iTunes and I was an early adopter with iTunes and the original brick iPod. So yeah, I likely would've lost all that music or at least had a challenge accessing it.

Even though most everything is on a Spotify type service, sometimes I'll flip through my CD books just for ideas of what to listen to then play it Spotify. I find that I just listen to the same stuff over and over again using just Spotify since its in the front of my mind or search history. So maybe what I need is a database of my stuff and not the actual stuff.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:05 PM 08-07-2022

Did you store your music on your hard drive also?
[Reply]
Woogieman 03:13 PM 08-07-2022

Hate those Apple pricks. Took me a while to figure out what was happening, but I tunes kept deleting my music that wasn't ripped from CDs or purchased from ITunes. Every time they push an update, which is constantly, I would lose songs.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:03 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Same here, but at least it doesn't suck.

Easily 95% of my stuff dates back to the 80s or earlier.
Dude, old classic rock is back in.

Yes, I still have my CD's and vinyl records.
[Reply]
Cosmos 09:23 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Dude, old classic rock is back in.

Yes, I still have my CD's and vinyl records.
Spent a couple grand recently on Rotel BT Integrated Amp and Rotel separate CD player along with Klipsch tower speakers for home to match my AT Turntable.

Had > 200 CD’s before the upgrade, have purchased another 50 or so on eBay over the past couple of months. CD’s run $5-8 on EBay these days, where vinyl copies run $20-30.

If I ever dump Spotify, Ill still have >500-600+ hard copies of my favorite music forever.

Experiencing a musical renaissance.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up