ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 362 of 2694
« First < 262312352358359360361362 3633643653663724124628621362 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:05 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
Just curious, would you use the same ratings as Madden 18 for 17 or based on your own assessment?
Use the Madden 18 ratings.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:06 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
He throws off his back foot far too much.
So does Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
milkman 08:06 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Earlier this summer I thought Reid said they are not going to rebuild his mechanics? Work on some things, yes. But not a rebuild. Learning the language was the bigger thing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that's what he said. :-)
I do remember that, as well.

But you have to believe that the one thing they want to correct is getting him to step into his throws from the pocket rather than throwing of his back foot as he does so often.
[Reply]
milkman 08:07 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So does Aaron Rodgers.
He does it under pressure.

Mahomes does it instinctively.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:11 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I don't get why? Remember Al Saunders playbook? Offense had all kinds of shifts formations and audibles. That offense had to be more complex yet it was effective of course it had the best Oline and TE and RB and a solid Quarterback to run it that made it look like a well oiled machine. I don't get why Andy Reid offense is suppose to be so difficult.
I'm guessing from reports we are getting from camp that Mahomes is learning what has been thrown at him playbook wise.

And just because Reid says it takes 4 years to totally understand the entire offense, that does not mean 4 years on the bench.

Now granted it has only been 1 week of practice, but it appears the real QB battle in camp is between Smith and Mahomes.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:16 AM 08-02-2017
I'm guessing from reports we are getting from camp that Mahomes is learning what has been thrown at him playbook wise.

And just because Reid says it takes 4 years to totally understand the entire offense, that does not mean 4 years on the bench.

Now granted it has only been 1 week of practice, but it appears the real QB battle in camp is between Smith and Mahomes.
I thought Andy Reid only said that because Alex Smith kept stalling the offense his first couple years so Andy is like well it takes 4 years to grasp it and then after a couple more years Alex Smith still wasn't effective in running the WCO so they drafted Mahomes lol

That's my theory
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I don't get why? Remember Al Saunders playbook? Offense had all kinds of shifts formations and audibles. That offense had to be more complex yet it was effective of course it had the best Oline and TE and RB and a solid Quarterback to run it that made it look like a well oiled machine. I don't get why Andy Reid offense is suppose to be so difficult.
He's responsible for knowing where everyone is supposed to be and what everyone is supposed to do. Imagine learning a 13 word play call for one play.

There's probably North of 300 plays in the playbook and each play is so different, and that's not counting the audibles that could change with even 1 word of the 13 word play all being changed.

It looks extremely time consuming.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 08-02-2017

Then you're not reading enough reports.

There's no competition for the starting qb. Mahomes has had his moments but he's also had times where he can't even break the huddle with the right formation and they have to re huddle.

He's still a ways off.
[Reply]
threebag 08:49 AM 08-02-2017
:-) at the thread.

Now they want mods to control the content within the thread but bitched when it happened before(Dole)... Oh that's right because they derailed the threads then. Full circle? Haven't seen anyone wish injury to Mahomes... Imagine how the crying would be then. Easy to weed the cry babies of the board... You know who you are :-)

New Mod Team same problem with the same people but hey let's kiss their ass...
[Reply]
Coogs 08:52 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Then you're not reading enough reports.

There's no competition for the starting qb. Mahomes has had his moments but he's also had times where he can't even break the huddle with the right formation and they have to re huddle.

He's still a ways off.
I'm just reading what I can find. Only time I have read your middle statement was yesterday, when it was thought he was running scout team plays.

And yes, company line is there is no competition for the starting QB spot.

But after one week the real battle appears to be between Smith and Mahomes.

Last year at this time in Philly, Bradford was #1 and Wentz was going to be #3.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:54 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:

Now they want mods to control the content within the thread but bitched when it happened before(Dole)... Oh that's right because they derailed the threads then. Full circle? Haven't seen anyone wish injury to Mahomes... Imagine how the crying would be then. Easy to weed the cry babies of the board... You know who you are :-)
No one wishes injury to Mahomes because he is the future and most likely our best bet at winning Super Bowls in the near future.

Alex Smith holds this team back but we need him just this season for Patrick Mahomes II get himself ready to take over. Alex Smith is a sacrificial lamb and will be discarded no one cares about him he will soon be a has been that never really was.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 08:55 AM 08-02-2017
You are derailing the people that are trying to derail the people that are detrailing this thread.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:56 AM 08-02-2017
New mods are doing great btw :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:59 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:

New Mod Team same problem with the same people but hey let's kiss their ass...
Constructive Mahomes debate: See the past 20 or so posts before the quoted post above.

NOT constructive Mahomes debate and egregious thread derailment: Every time your boyfriend Tigger posts in this thread.

Get the difference? Good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:10 AM 08-02-2017
But after one week the real battle appears to be between Smith and Mahomes.
No, there is not. The team isn't even tackling yet and Mahomes is competing with Bray, not Smith.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...164817572.html

Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs’ first quarterback selected in the first round in a generation, is so far everything we expected:

The best player on the field for some flashes, and the most out of place in others.

The Chiefs’ task, then, is both delicate and imperative, and on so many levels. They must allow Mahomes to be his best, but somehow shave off his worst.
[Reply]
Page 362 of 2694
« First < 262312352358359360361362 3633643653663724124628621362 > Last »
Up