ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
emaw1979 07:11 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
There is a lot of blame for the loss, but I don't blame Veach for it. He's had some very good drafts and has replaced a lot of older players. The future is very bright for this roster. Do I wish he drafted differently in some spots? Yes, but the results have been good for most of his picks. Certainly much better than the average GM. I think he has weaknesses in drafting DE and WR, but I hope he keeps throwing picks at the positions.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:02 PM 12-05-2022
Veach needs to fire the entire coaching staff.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:06 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Veach needs to fire the entire coaching staff.
Not sure if serious.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:16 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
There is a lot of blame for the loss, but I don't blame Veach for it. He's had some very good drafts and has replaced a lot of older players. The future is very bright for this roster. Do I wish he drafted differently in some spots? Yes, but the results have been good for most of his picks. Certainly much better than the average GM. I think he has weaknesses in drafting DE and WR, but I hope he keeps throwing picks at the positions.
Veach does a great job at addressing weaknesses, but he’s not perfect either. For every hole he fills, others open. He did address DE and WR this draft. I get it Karlaftis isn’t leading the league in sacks nor is Moore a 1000 yard receiver already, but both arrows are pointing up for them. He just needs to add more DE bodies and address LT and RT.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:17 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not sure if serious.
The noob above thinks it's criminal that Veach didn't completely upgrade both the OL and the DL to an elite level, plus acquire a bevy of elite WRs, and rebuild the secondary in this year's draft. And Brett played like shit in yesterday's game.
[Reply]
-King- 09:39 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The noob above thinks it's criminal that Veach didn't completely upgrade both the OL and the DL to an elite level, plus acquire a bevy of elite WRs, and rebuild the secondary in this year's draft. And Brett played like shit in yesterday's game.
When you have to overstate shit, you know you are making a shit argument. People pointed out the flaws of how the DL was being built the last 2 years. And other than Karlaftis, Veach had thrown a minimum amount of attention to it. The fact that Dunlap very late in the off season was our big signing is a problem.

No one is saying he needed to create an elite DL in one off season. But DL has been a problem the last 2 years and in a passing league, what Veach did to address it isn't ANYWHERE near enough.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:33 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
When you have to overstate shit, you know you are making a shit argument. People pointed out the flaws of how the DL was being built the last 2 years. And other than Karlaftis, Veach had thrown a minimum amount of attention to it. The fact that Dunlap very late in the off season was our big signing is a problem.

No one is saying he needed to create an elite DL in one off season. But DL has been a problem the last 2 years and in a passing league, what Veach did to address it isn't ANYWHERE near enough.
It's called being facetious. Try on a sense of humor.

It's obvious in hindsight that Veach's intention this season was to rebuild the secondary, then try to plug a couple holes, including DE, and then pick up some possible weapons.

Next year he'll focus more on DL, most likely.

When you look at the past three years, it's pretty apparent that he's been trying to address different parts of the team with each draft. Last year it was the OL, LBs, etc.

He's obviously got some kind of long-term plan for how to keep the roster loaded with the necessary talent to keep going to the SB for at least the better part of a decade.

Whatever that plan is, based on how things are going so far, I'm good with it.
[Reply]
splatbass 10:40 PM 12-05-2022
All of you ungrateful dumbasses should be condemned to watch the 2-14 Romeo Crennel season over and over until you appreciate what we have here. Douchebags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 PM 12-05-2022

Not only is this a complete overreaction to one game, it's just flat out fucking stupid.

What qualifies as "enough"? I mean, the only answer that makes any sense is enough to win a SB.

This team is clearly one of the best in the league. This roster is good enough to win a SB as is. They've lost to the Bills and Bengals by a combined 6 points, and could've won both games with things going differently that have nothing to do with the DL. Take Kelce's fumble and the missed kicks in the Bills game for example.

To go as far as to say it's isn't "ANYWHERE near enough" isn't just an overreaction. It's fucking pure stupidity.

Not surprising though considering it's you.
[Reply]
-King- 10:53 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not only is this a complete overreaction to one game, it's just flat out fucking stupid.

What qualifies as "enough"? I mean, the only answer that makes any sense is enough to win a SB.

This team is clearly one of the best in the league. This roster is good enough to win a SB as is. They've lost to the Bills and Bengals by a combined 6 points, and could've won both games with things going differently that have nothing to do with the DL. Take Kelce's fumble and the missed kicks in the Bills game for example.

To go as far as to say it's isn't "ANYWHERE near enough" isn't just an overreaction. It's fucking pure stupidity.

Not surprising though considering it's you.
When it takes a gift sack to keep from being the only team to not lay a finger on Burrow all season, it's not enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 PM 12-05-2022
When it takes a gift sack to keep from being the only team to not lay a finger on Burrow all season, it's not enough.
And yet they still would've probably won that game if Kelce doesn't fumble, without a couple of questionable penalties early on, Andy goes for it on 4th down, etc.

Even within that single game, there are so many ways that the Chiefs could've won that have nothing to do with the DL.

I'll take this as you throwing the towel on the season? That's the only way your hyperbole (ANYWHERE NEAR ENOUGH) makes any sense.

Anybody that doesn't think this roster is good enough to win a SB is a buttfucking moron and a whiny bitch.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:03 PM 12-05-2022
Jesus.
1 superbowl win, 2 superbowl appearances, 4 straight afc championship games and a 9-3 record and ya'll are losing your shit because we lost by 3 to one of the best teams in the afc.

Chill.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 PM 12-05-2022

Not as easy as you make it seem. Right before the 2021 combine Veach had no choice but to cut both of our starting tackles due to career threatening injuries. Turns out one retired and the other hasn’t been the same since.

We had no choice but to use a 1st rd pick on Brown Jr. at the time he was basically our only option after losing out on Trent Williams. Pretty sure Bolton was also a very good 2nd rd pick.

Last year the secondary was a complete disaster. Sure the pass rush wasn’t great, but the secondary was just terrible. Matheiu, Sorenson and Hughes all washed. Neimann sucked ass. Oh and Thornhill obviously needed to be replaced.

Did I mention Tyreek kinda made things more difficult? They were in on Z’Darius Smith but he signed with the Vikings a day before Tyreek got traded. Nate Taylor clearly said on the Times Ours pod that the Chiefs felt they couldn’t pay a DE without signing Tyreek. Then the Adams deal pushed his price range out of our comfort zone.

So yeah WR kinda became a problem to fix too seeing that Tyreek was gone and Mecole is probably gone too after this year.

It’s not as black and white as you make it dude. I’m pissed about the pass rush too but I think this off-season is gonna be a big reclamation project on both lines.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:33 PM 12-05-2022
Lifes' a Veach, then your GM IS one.
[Reply]
-King- 11:58 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And yet they still would've probably won that game if Kelce doesn't fumble, without a couple of questionable penalties early on, Andy goes for it on 4th down, etc.

Even within that single game, there are so many ways that the Chiefs could've won that have nothing to do with the DL.

I'll take this as you throwing the towel on the season? That's the only way your hyperbole (ANYWHERE NEAR ENOUGH) makes any sense.

Anybody that doesn't think this roster is good enough to win a SB is a buttfucking moron and a whiny bitch.
We're just talking about the DL, not about the game or about Kelce or about the Superbowl.

Please stay on topic.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up