ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 333
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:06 PM 06-11-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
JJ Piccolo was with Moore in Atlanta and came here with him..he was trained how to be a GM by Dayton Moore for nearly 2 decades with his job changes and promotions.

He's not going to be 100% Dayton Moore but that influence will always be there so it's not going to be anything close to drastic change. It's likely a big reason hardly anyone was let go and by and large it's the same organization.
I was fine giving JJ a shot and still am, but it won't surprise me if he is basically the same exact dude that Dayton was.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:23 PM 06-11-2023
With all the excitement in that Orioles series, I'm not sure we got to talk about the Royals helping to set either record today.

Gunnar Henderson's 462-foot Eutaw Street homer, which hit the street then hit the warehouse, is the longest homer to reach Eutaw Street in the history of Camden Yards pic.twitter.com/i1dG1JQfaH

— Andy Kostka (@afkostka) June 11, 2023

Ladies and gentlemen, Gunnar Henderson. �� pic.twitter.com/8O0sXdDKz4

— MLB (@MLB) June 11, 2023

[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:59 PM 06-11-2023
At this point, it is what it is. Salvy deserves better. Probably best to trade him after the season and give us the rest of this season to enjoy him. If the offer is compelling enough - he can go to a real contender who needs another C, who is open to playing him there in the playoffs and dh the other days, I'm cool with that. I'm lucky got to watch 3 Royal world series and we won 2 of them but this team needs to die.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:21 AM 06-12-2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QsYEJK9qw
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 06-12-2023
Man - it is HARD to hit a breaking ball that far.

Usually hitting a bomb like that requires the velocity from the incoming pitch to get turned around to carry like that. But on a hanging breaker at 86, Henderson had to provide essentially all the energy.

That ball was vaporized. Damn.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:20 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
JJ Piccolo was with Moore in Atlanta and came here with him..he was trained how to be a GM by Dayton Moore for nearly 2 decades with his job changes and promotions.

He's not going to be 100% Dayton Moore but that influence will always be there so it's not going to be anything close to drastic change. It's likely a big reason hardly anyone was let go and by and large it's the same organization.
He should be fired along with the cosch after the season. Start all the way over
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:22 AM 06-12-2023

We have signed infielders Matt Beaty and Jermaine Palacios to minor league contracts.

Both will report and be active with @OMAStormChasers this week. #Royals

— Raising Royals (@KCRoyalsPD) June 12, 2023

[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:35 AM 06-12-2023

JBJ is out, Blanco is in. Rave back fills in AAA. Curious to see if potentially Javier Vaz goes to AA and Peyton Wilson gets some more time in CF. Interesting day ahead.

— Royals Farm Report (@RoyalsFarm) June 12, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 10:35 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He should be fired along with the cosch after the season. Start all the way over
I mean they shouldn't be "this" bad they do a ton of boneheaded things that don't make any sense but no matter what changes today they're gonna be pretty bad.

I think it's a bigger indictment of all of the fails they are experiencing with guys recently drafted.

Do they need a housecleaning? Yes
Do they need to start over? Yes
Should that involve maybe trading some guys people don't think are tradeable? yes

I don't personally think ownership has the stomach to literally tear it all down personally.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:43 AM 06-12-2023
If you trade Salvy, you will lose most of the fans that haven't already checked out. It might be the best thing for the team in the long run. The problem that I have is I believe the 2014/2015 success was more a blind hog finding an acorn than someone actually making a good decision.

I will listen and watch them however my expectations are very very low. It's more fun to make jokes about them that to expect anything other than failure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:45 AM 06-12-2023
Trading Salvy on his wishes or for a decent return is quite a bit different than a salary dump. If it's the latter I'm pretty sure the good will towards the team would become non-existent.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:57 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Trading Salvy on his wishes or for a decent return is quite a bit different than a salary dump. If it's the latter I'm pretty sure the good will towards the team would become non-existent.
You have to also believe they can make a good trade and put young players in a system that can actually develop them..

You also have to seriously question if a team that is getting ready to want to place a stadium vote on a ballot is going to get that ok from ownership.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:02 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think most fans are fairly ignorant and won’t know the difference, they’ll be pissed either way even if it’s to bring in young talent and isn’t a salary dump.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I think most fans are fairly ignorant and won’t know the difference, they’ll be pissed either way even if it’s to bring in young talent and isn’t a salary dump.
Have you seen the stadium? Most people already don't give a fuck as it is. When teams lose no one cares.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:25 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
If you trade Salvy, you will lose most of the fans that haven't already checked out. It might be the best thing for the team in the long run. The problem that I have is I believe the 2014/2015 success was more a blind hog finding an acorn than someone actually making a good decision.

I will listen and watch them however my expectations are very very low. It's more fun to make jokes about them that to expect anything other than failure.
People obviously aren't flocking to the ballpark to watch Salvy. I think the moajority of the fans, those that are staying away out of disgust, are willing to tarde a 32 yr old catcher if it helps make the team not-historically-futile.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 333
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up