ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wentz traded to the Colts
staylor26 10:48 AM 02-18-2021

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 18, 2021

The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-rounder if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps or 70 percent and the team makes the playoffs. https://t.co/quAYwcz7bd

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) February 18, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m going to go with not the guy who has 58 fumbles, has an injury history and couldn’t handle competition.
Exactly.

It has nothing to do with Mahomes at all and everything to do with Wentz not being a stellar QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:09 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup

They’d rather stick with Brissett or a dying armed Rivers than have any shot at all with a QB while they try to look for one in the draft.
Wrong.

It's not about any other QB than Carson Wentz.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:33 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wrong.

It's not about any other QB than Carson Wentz.
Wentz was 2 completed games away from being MVP.....only a few years ago. Now the same guy who got him there is now his coach...
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:11 AM 02-19-2021
This has probably already been posted. if so, it's worth repeating.

LARGEST DEAD MONEY CHARGE OF ALL TIME

Originally Posted by :
1. Carson Wentz, Eagles- $33.82 million/18.79% of 2021 cap

This is the new addition just today to the lit and it is a whopper. This was essentially the same as the Jared Goff contract situation except the Eagles were far more aggressive on using Wentz for cap relief. Wentz was paid a $16.4 million signing bonus in 2019 and a $30 million option bonus in 2020 only to be benched at the end of the 2020 year. Just today the report came out that he will be traded to the Colts in return for a 3rd and 2nd round pick next year that could increase to a 1st rounder depending on how he plays. The numbers here are nuts. The next closest player we had a record of was Aikman at 14.9% and even if the cap was normal this year Wentz’ dead money would represent about 16% of the salary cap. As I mentioned above it took nearly 20 years to go from $10 to $20 million in dead money and the jump from $20 to $30 million only took a year due to Wentz. My assumption is that this number will hold for quite some time given the way teams now approach the salary cap and it may fundamentally change the way some extensions are approached in the future.

https://overthecap.com/the-biggest-d...s-of-all-time/

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:46 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You mean the guy that called one of the dumbest playoff games I’ve seen in awhile? That Frank Reich?

I mean maybe. But, woof.
Is this including Andy’s SB 55 gameplan?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:42 AM 02-19-2021
If you're not in a position to draft an elite QB, then your next best option is a reclamation project.

This was kind of a no-brainer. If you're Reich, and you're convinced Wentz is healthy, this is your best bet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:59 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Wentz was 2 completed games away from being MVP.....only a few years ago. Now the same guy who got him there is now his coach...
He's had a back injury and other injuries since then.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you're not in a position to draft an elite QB, then your next best option is a reclamation project.

This was kind of a no-brainer. If you're Reich, and you're convinced Wentz is healthy, this is your best bet.

This is really the crux of the argument.

You either believe he'll be healthy or you don't.

Everything else hinges on that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Is this including Andy’s SB 55 gameplan?
I said ONE OF. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:06 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Teams can get Darnold for a 2nd round pick right now. That’s the guy that’s an interesting reclamation project.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:10 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Teams can get Darnold for a 2nd round pick right now. That’s the guy that’s an interesting reclamation project.
I wouldn't want him for a R2... nothing appealing at all and sure, he's with the Jets... but, meh. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...D/DarnSa00.htm
[Reply]
RunKC 09:26 AM 02-19-2021
This is really the crux of the argument.

You either believe he'll be healthy or you don't.

Everything else hinges on that.
To my knowledge Wentz has been available for every game for 2 seasons now correct? So that back issue (that didn’t need surgery) is basically not an issue.

He’s got a high ceiling. He’s very mobile, very strong arm, playmaker. The guy was on his way to MVP before he got hurt in 2017, so you know what he can be capable of.

It was all mental this year from what I saw. Team gave up on him before the season and his team was broken. The guy was running for his life like Patrick in the Super Bowl twice against the Redskins. I think a lot of his mistakes were just being mentally beaten down and trying too hard to make something happen.

Now he’s walking into an outstanding situation with the best OL in football that will very likely add a LT in the first rd, a coach that he had great chemistry with and ultimately his best years. Ballard also has money to add a receiver for the kid too.

It’s an ideal restart and I think it’s going to pay off for them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
To my knowledge Wentz has been available for every game for 2 seasons now correct? So that back issue (that didn’t need surgery) is basically not an issue.

He’s got a high ceiling. He’s very mobile, very strong arm, playmaker. The guy was on his way to MVP before he got hurt in 2017, so you know what he can be capable of.

It was all mental this year from what I saw. Team gave up on him before the season and his team was broken. The guy was running for his life like Patrick in the Super Bowl twice against the Redskins. I think a lot of his mistakes were just being mentally beaten down and trying too hard to make something happen.

Now he’s walking into an outstanding situation with the best OL in football that will very likely add a LT in the first rd, a coach that he had great chemistry with and ultimately his best years. Ballard also has money to add a receiver for the kid too.

It’s an ideal restart and I think it’s going to pay off for them.
You're assuming that the back wasn't an issue and that his problems were all mental.

What I've seen is a guy that's been tentative and doesn't trust his body a lot of times. True, that may be mental but in the end, the injuries are still the cause of the problem. We'll see if he can work it out.

I've learned long ago not to trust in guys with injury histories like his. They don't often work out.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 02-19-2021
You're assuming that the back wasn't an issue and that his problems were all mental.

What I've seen is a guy that's been tentative and doesn't trust his body a lot of times. True, that may be mental but in the end, the injuries are still the cause of the problem. We'll see if he can work it out.

I've learned long ago not to trust in guys with injury histories like his. They don't often work out.
It’s possibly a mix of both, but I just saw report that Doug Pederson didn’t speak to Carson Wentz for several weeks.

Jesus what a horrible work environment.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:59 AM 02-19-2021
Wentz sure seems to get a lot of respect for a player whose team gets better when he's injured. Oh, and won the damn Super Bowl without him but can't win a playoff game with him.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up