ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 185
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
wbbonneriii 10:42 PM 04-28-2022
He seemed to get abused by tOSU
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:44 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I hope you are right, but I just don't see him winning against NFL tackles the way he won against college tackles.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
QBs are supposed to be a certain height... well, except for the short guys who turn into HOFers

WRs are supposed to meet a certain threshold in 3-cone times or else they can't get open in the NFL... except for the ones who take a giant piss on that shit

LBs need to be a certain weight. RBs need to run a certain 40 time. The list goes on and on.

That doesn't mean you draft a fucking grandma in a wheelchair, but it also doesn't mean you dismiss a player as fucking broken if they're not within the commonly accepted norm for body or type of athlete. You take those red flags and investigate them... find out why they were successful and whether those traits are things you can still work with.

The Chiefs didn't ignore the length of his arms. They have his measurements. People are acting like this shit is something they didn't know about.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:45 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
Watched a couple of those highlights and it sure seemed like when he was in the game they were purposely scheming him out on offense as much as possible. Rolling the other direction, a few chips, and some incredibly quick passes.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:49 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
QBs are supposed to be a certain height... well, except for the short guys who turn into HOFers

WRs are supposed to meet a certain threshold in 3-cone times or else they can't get open in the NFL... except for the ones who take a giant piss on that shit

LBs need to be a certain weight. RBs need to run a certain 40 time. The list goes on and on.

That doesn't mean you draft a ****ing grandma in a wheelchair, but it also doesn't mean you dismiss a player as ****ing broken if they're not within the commonly accepted norm for body or type of athlete. You take those red flags and investigate them... find out why they were successful and whether those traits are things you can still work with.

The Chiefs didn't ignore the length of his arms. They have his measurements. People are acting like this shit is something they didn't know about.
And they decided that his actual football playing ability outweighed how long his fucking arms are.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:50 PM 04-28-2022
Well thank fuck that the Ohio State isn’t in the AFC West.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:51 PM 04-28-2022

That doesn't mean you draft a ****ing grandma in a wheelchair, but it also doesn't mean you dismiss a player as ****ing broken if they're not within the commonly accepted norm for body or type of athlete. You take those red flags and investigate them... find out why they were successful and whether those traits are things you can still work with.

This, if McDuffie was an inch taller and the Greek Freak (can't spell his name yet) had slightly longer arms they probably both go in the top 10...
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:51 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Watched a couple of those highlights and it sure seemed like when he was in the game they were purposely scheming him out on offense as much as possible. Rolling the other direction, a few chips, and some incredibly quick passes.
I saw that in the Ohio State film for sure. He's the only one they really had to scheme for.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 PM 04-28-2022
This guy is your motor guy that brings it every play, he isn't gonna lead the league in sacks. But guys like him do matter.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 PM 04-28-2022
sloth love sack

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:52 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The ball was being released by Ohio State in about 2 secs most snaps...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:52 PM 04-28-2022
The only game he had 0 sacks or pressures and still had a tackle for loss. How about the Iowa game with 10+ pressures or just about any other game of his career?

Did you write off Jameson Williams so quickly when he only caught 2 balls against Auburn or Mississippi St? My guess is you wanted to trade up for him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:53 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sloth love sack

BABY RUUUUTTTTHHHHH!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:53 PM 04-28-2022

That doesn't mean you draft a fucking grandma in a wheelchair, but it also doesn't mean you dismiss a player as fucking broken if they're not within the commonly accepted norm for body or type of athlete. You take those red flags and investigate them... find out why they were successful and whether those traits are things you can still work with.

I understand. But, he isn't a bendy type of rusher who is going to make moves to elude an NFL tackle.

He isn't an explosive athlete who is going to blow by an NFL tackle.

If he can't get his hands on the tackle in order to bull rush, how is he going to beat NFL tackles?

I sincerely hope that I am an idiot, and GK tears up the league, and proves to be the edge rusher we need.

Will he win sometimes? Yes. But, even with his PFF grade, or how other experts graded him, he was still there at 30 for a reason.

[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
And they decided that his actual football playing ability outweighed how long his fucking arms are.
So..

Arm lengths
Karlaftis 32 5/8
Hutchinson 32 1/8

So does Hutchinson also suck with his midget arms?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I understand. But, he isn't a bendy type of rusher who is going to make moves to elude an NFL tackle.

He isn't an explosive athlete who is going to blow by an NFL tackle.

If he can't get his hands on the tackle in order to bull rush, how is he going to beat NFL tackles?

I sincerely hope that I am an idiot, and GK tears up the league, and proves to be the edge rusher we need.

Will he win sometimes? Yes. But, even with his PFF grade, or how other experts graded him, he was still there at 30 for a reason.

Yea cause we got GMs taking 3rd round players in round one like the Pats.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 185
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up