ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 185
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here you go, O. I think this article was written specifically for you.

https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...proposed-trade
A 2nd and 3rd for a 33 year old DE? No fucking thanks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:52 AM 10-20-2022
all of these threads just make me really, REALLY glad that none of you are in charge of The Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
zigbazah 02:27 PM 10-20-2022
jury is still out on george. i wasn't thrilled with the pick, but the tools are there to be sharpened. has has as many pressures as any other rookie, he just needs the end product.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:33 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by zigbazah:
jury is still out on george. i wasn't thrilled with the pick, but the tools are there to be sharpened. has has as many pressures as any other rookie, he just needs the end product.
It doesn’t help Karlaftis that he has Frank Clark on the opposite side.

I think Karlaftis will be a very solid player. Maybe not great, but good. Hopefully we can find a counterpart next year in the draft or free agency.

Frank is worthless 90% of the time.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:29 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Drake Jackson has 4 sacks and 8 pressures in fewer than half the number of snaps as Karlaftis.

And that's not a knock on Karlaftis as much as it demonstrates the need for genuine depth and complementary skill-sets on the line.

It galls the absolute shit out of me that Veach and company thought they could get away with adding 1 player to a DL that was obviously not good last season.
Yep. There were options to double-dip at DT as well as DE. I mean I'm entirely fine building from the back but just baffling that so many picks went that way after he indentified DL as a need.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:31 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yep. There were options to double-dip at DT as well as DE. I mean I'm entirely fine building from the back but just baffling that so many picks went that way after he indentified DL as a need.
Because he identified the backfield as being a need too and he saw players there that fit the defense?

I mean, I highly doubt he said fuck it and just drafted whoever he felt like, consequences be damned.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:31 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
all of these threads just make me really, REALLY glad that none of you are in charge of The Kansas City Chiefs.
I mean about 85% of CP sees Clark is s**t, so hell I'd give them a decent shot at improving this DL.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:34 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because he identified the backfield as being a need too and he saw players there that fit the defense?

I mean, I highly doubt he said **** it and just drafted whoever he felt like, consequences be damned.
This is in the whole 10D chess category people convinced themselves of suggesting Veach had publicly identified DL as a need, but secretly it was a cunning plan to throw people off while he built an elite secondary.

Sure, he had a plan, it probably shifted as it met reality, as it should, and we ended up with Dunlap and Karlaftis, which is patently not enough.
[Reply]
TEX 03:34 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We had 2 1 picks and have gotten jack shit from either of them this far. That sucks.
Yes it does. We have had better contributions from our 7th rounders thus far.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:37 PM 10-20-2022
I'm still baffled why Cook was such a priority in the second. We already had 2 starting caliber S on the roster, and if they've already given up on Thornhill there's a long fucking line of guys more deserving of that treatment on the roster.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm still baffled why Cook was such a priority in the second. We already had 2 starting caliber S on the roster, and if they've already given up on Thornhill there's a long fucking line of guys more deserving of that treatment on the roster.
WORST franchise in PRO SPORTS
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:38 PM 10-20-2022
Because Spags likes to play 3 safeties. And we all saw what happens when that 3rd safety is complete shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:39 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
WORST franchise in PRO SPORTS
Oof. Grindr date bailed on you recently? You've been incredibly horny for attention these past couple days.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:43 PM 10-20-2022
I'm still baffled why Cook was such a priority in the second. We already had 2 starting caliber S on the roster, and if they've already given up on Thornhill there's a long ****ing line of guys more deserving of that treatment on the roster.
Spags system runs 3 safeties. This was our 3rd safety last year. I think this is pretty self explanatory

https://youtu.be/PINgtQpxik4
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because Spags likes to play 3 safeties. And we all saw what happens when that 3rd safety is complete shit.
Taking a quick glance through our snap counts and I'm not seeing this system where 3 safeties are playing even close to a majority of the time. We play our nickel corner a lot more.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 185
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Up