ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 190
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:20 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I hope you optimistic guys are right but to me, the Suns are just overmatched. Once the Bucks get a lead of more than a couple points, the Suns seem incapable of coming back and sealing the deal. They can get it close, but the past two games, the Suns have had opportunities late with the ball in either one of their 2 best player's hands and both times they have turned the ball over. In a close series, you have to win one of those games.

Bucks just look locked in. Giannis can close out a title at home. I don't see a game 7
Yeah, seems to be far more about which Bucks team shows up versus the Suns' chances at beating the Bucks at their best. Still possible though, might have to go 20/40 from 3s again.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:42 AM 07-18-2021
NBA may want to force a game 7. Probably the Suns best shot at this point. Or if Giannis contracts COVID from his brother.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:52 AM 07-18-2021
Giannis putting on a show and clinching at home is the best story line. Holliday was such a good addition that got shit on all over the place.
[Reply]
bricks 12:17 PM 07-18-2021
Wow what a game yesterday.

I underestimated Milwaukee.

Maybe Bucks in 6?

I don’t know? I didn’t think they’d be up 3-2 in the NBA finals to this point.

I must admit I wasn’t a fan of their head coach. He always came off as a guy that could win in the regular season but always lost in the playoffs when it mattered.

Maybe this time around he got it right?

Sometimes that is what it takes for some of these guys you know? They don’t get it right the first few times and have to experience the pain and agony that comes with losing in the playoffs and learn, grow and adjust from those experiences to get it right.

It’s all about clicking man.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:10 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by bricks:

Maybe Bucks in 6?

I must admit I wasn’t a fan of their head coach. He always came off as a guy that could win in the regular season but always lost in the playoffs when it mattered.

Sometimes that is what it takes for some of these guys you know? They don’t get it right the first few times and have to experience the pain and agony that comes with losing in the playoffs and learn, grow and adjust from those experiences to get it right.

That's what the NBA used to be about and why it was great to watch year after year. Same groups of guys on a team dealing with adversity for a few years and then breaking through. Obviously each group had a nice addition but it isn't a whole new super team type roster. Giannis and Middleton are still the bread and butter.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:30 PM 07-18-2021

Maybe Bucks in 6?

Bucks are a great team, but sometimes it's all about luck, man.

The Bucks were literally an inch or so from a Kevin Durant two versus three pointer of being eliminated at the end of regulation of game seven.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 PM 07-18-2021
Would love for this to go to 7, so I can get overserved and watch it with my bandwagon Bucks or Suns hat.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:45 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Bucks are a great team, but sometimes it's all about luck, man.

The Bucks were literally an inch or so from a Kevin Durant two versus three pointer of being eliminated at the end of regulation of game seven.
You gotta catch a couple breaks to win a Title unless you’re the Durant Warrior teams (or close to it).

Look how close the Spurs were to beating the Heat in 6. That Bosh rebound and Ray Allen 3 is still one of he craziest sequences in NBA history.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:12 PM 07-18-2021

Maybe Bucks in 6?

It's about clicking and it's about certain things just falling into place. The Nets had 2 of their 3 stars injured and were still a foot on the line away from winning that series. Then they get the Hawks in the ECF because the only other contender in the conference, the Sixers, blew it yet again. Then when Giannis gets hurt and the series gets tied at 2-2, Trae Young gets hurt. Same thing for the Suns. Sometimes you just need shit to go your way.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 07-18-2021

LeBron James on Giannis:
“Channing said Giannis can’t score…and people went crazy…but I know…you have to break down the game (to understand Giannis can’t score)”

Giannis is averaging 32pts on 61% shooting in the NBA Finals and LeBron had a front row seat to witness it.

�� pic.twitter.com/Bc4dmqj1fS

— Justin Wills (@itsjwills) July 18, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:25 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You gotta catch a couple breaks to win a Title unless you’re the Durant Warrior teams (or close to it).

Look how close the Spurs were to beating the Heat in 6. That Bosh rebound and Ray Allen 3 is still one of he craziest sequences in NBA history.
No argument from me on that one. I just occasionally get annoyed at how results driven the narrative is like the Bucks were some great team of destiny that didn't need breaks to get to where they were at.

Like barely beating a depleted Nets team because Durant stepped on the line.

I've generally been a Ray Allen fan and that was a crazy sequence, but I was rooting for the Spurs in that one.

But I guess the playoffs have been entertaining if a bit weird this year. I don't get too caught up in the NBA.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:46 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That's what the NBA used to be about and why it was great to watch year after year. Same groups of guys on a team dealing with adversity for a few years and then breaking through. Obviously each group had a nice addition but it isn't a whole new super team type roster. Giannis and Middleton are still the bread and butter.
Exactly, I’m slightly rooting for the Bucks but I’m good with Phoenix winning too. Enjoy it now because the Lakers are going to make a run at Damian Lillard because of course Lebron has to get his way.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:56 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Exactly, I’m slightly rooting for the Bucks but I’m good with Phoenix winning too. Enjoy it now because the Lakers are going to make a run at Damian Lillard because of course Lebron has to get his way.
The Lakers have nothing to offer in a trade for Lillard. Not happening.

He’ll be a Warrior, 76er, or Knick if he’s traded.
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:08 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I hope you optimistic guys are right but to me, the Suns are just overmatched. Once the Bucks get a lead of more than a couple points, the Suns seem incapable of coming back and sealing the deal. They can get it close, but the past two games, the Suns have had opportunities late with the ball in either one of their 2 best player's hands and both times they have turned the ball over. In a close series, you have to win one of those games.

Bucks just look locked in. Giannis can close out a title at home. I don't see a game 7
Y'know what's been killing me (aside from the officiating) is the bounces the Bucks have had. Airball three pointers turning into offensive rebounds and points, the free throws coming off the rim weird and back into their hands, other strange bounces, etc. Sometimes things just go a team's way. I agree with you...Bucks in 6. When Booker tries to take over the game offensively, and he's been phenomenal, but they don't move the ball around very well and the defense can key on him (for example that steal at the end that sealed game 5...he had 3 guys on him). I also think it was a huge mistake not to take a time out after the missed free throw to set up a play versus just running down the court and having Booker get robbed. I like the coach but IMO that was very poor decision. In the post game they talked about how they were a ball movement team and they got away from that. If they go back to using what got them there they may survive to a game 7.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:22 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Bucks in 6. Because their name is way less gay.
Yes please be true.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 190
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180 > Last »
Up