ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 107
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
wazu 07:41 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It was after the rally ended
Yes but players were still dancing on stage.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:41 PM 02-14-2024
That seems like a pretty intense response to a random altercation. Either those kids came packing serious heat in their backpacks for fun, or that guy was a target.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:42 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yes but players were still dancing on stage.
I don’t think so
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:44 PM 02-14-2024
Cleveland Cavaliers home game tonight…

[Reply]
KingPriest2 07:45 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I don’t think so
They were still on stage
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:45 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It was after the rally ended
Thanks, glad they got to have it. Even more tragic when these things happen where the innocent are just trying to celebrate things that are good about the world.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:47 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
They were still on stage
Holy shit
[Reply]
R Clark 07:47 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
They were still on stage
You were there? Cause I was and I didn’t see it that way
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
This message has been deleted by Rainbarrel.
suzzer99 07:48 PM 02-14-2024
So what it seems like might have happened based on piecing everything together:
  1. 5 teenagers, 15-ish, get into an altercation outside with two older guys.
  2. Teenagers seem to walk away then one of them shoots the guy through his backpack.
  3. This guy dies, unclear how much collateral damage other than one bystander teen in a Chiefs jersey shot in the leg. I assume the CPR was being done on the teens' original target.
  4. Maybe the other older guy (who else would it be?) somehow chases the teens to the Union Station Parking garage, where 5 minutes later another gun fight ensues.
  5. Someone shoots off one of the teen's jaws, the teens scatter, try to hide their guns in their backpacks, two of them get apprehended.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:52 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Just seeing this, incredibly sad. Were the players still on the parade route?
No they were in union station which wasn't too far away from the shooting
[Reply]
KingPriest2 07:56 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by R Clark:
You were there? Cause I was and I didn’t see it that way
It was on all the tv statins. They were o. Stage
[Reply]
Lzen 07:56 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Nope.

This has gone far enough. I’m done accepting this as a citizen of this country.

Anyone who wants to stick their head in the sand and keep accepting dead children can kiss my ass. Again, I’m not saying take all the guns away. I’m saying find a common sense solution that at least drastically reduces the risk of this happening.

Doing nothing is just asinine at this point.
Actually, no you're not.
I've found over the years that anyone who says they want common sense solutions don't really want that. They just want to make it harder or impossible for law abiding citizens to acquire guns. In other words, GTFO!
[Reply]
R Clark 07:57 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Nope.

This has gone far enough. I’m done accepting this as a citizen of this country.

Anyone who wants to stick their head in the sand and keep accepting dead children can kiss my ass. Again, I’m not saying take all the guns away. I’m saying find a common sense solution that at least drastically reduces the risk of this happening.

Doing nothing is just asinine at this point.
No wants to see anyone dead let alone are kids, I had my 10 yr old grandson with me you think I want him in harms way? But people who are going to do this dumb shit don’t care about laws , laws that are passed fall on deaf ears. clean up society is the only answer. I went to a rual high school and everyone had shotguns and rifles in their vehicles but no one got shot or mass shootiings. Things have changed ,I am 65 yrs old and this shit didn’t happen when I was growing up I’ll leave to you to figure out what is different today
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:58 PM 02-14-2024
This thread took a predictable turn.

We should really have a separate DC on the parade for these discussions, so this one can stay focused on actual updates.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:58 PM 02-14-2024
They could just have easily told those kids. They had no balls if the didn't shoot arsenic into unattended baby bottles
[Reply]
Page 57 of 107
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up