Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
Frazod 05:00 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
The best episode of Boba Fett had absolutely no Boba Fett in it. And while it was great to get that particular fix in the midst of a long delay, it is a bit curious that they chose to go this route. I mean, did whoever realize how weak the series was as they were producing it that they felt the need to do this to “save” it, give it some gravitas or however one views it? It’s just a weird, albeit delightful direction to go with the episode.
Yeah, that was kind of odd. It would be like an episode of Star Trek that featured no regular cast members except Spock, who showed up in the last minute.

I was actually a bit confused in the beginning because I wasn't really paying attention when it started. My first thought was damn, he really cleaned up his armor. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:17 PM 01-27-2022
Cool episode. So the Armorer says something like “the Empire only ruled for 30 years”. I never realized that? Seems short.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:34 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
What? Nobody has watched the best episode of the series so far other than me? Episode 5 with the secret title?

Spoiler!
No need to spoiler, I thought THE TURBO ENCABULATOR was an awesome episode title!!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:46 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Barret:
I liked the episode but it started to feel like a filler episode.

1: I liked the throw back space ship but if I am a bounty hunter and want to bring back a live capture, am I throwing them in the astromech location??

2: :-) at dating a Jawa.....they are a little furry.

3: This felt more like it should have been in someone else's group of shows then in Boba Fett.

4: the ultra nuking of Mandalore looked cool. It had that Terminator: Judgement day feel as the "robots" were sent in to clean up.
The Jawa line was funny, but felt oddly out of place in Star Wars.
[Reply]
Fish 11:45 PM 01-27-2022
The Mandalorian helmet rule is dumb as hell though. Just fucking lie like most religious people do...
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:07 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, that was a good one. Still though...

Spoiler!
Largely, I agree.
Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Frazod:
That was great.

Spoiler!
The Mandalorian helmet rule is dumb as hell though. Just fucking lie like most religious people do...
The first thing I said to my buddy who I watched it with was, "And that's why you don't become a religious zealot."

It'll be interesting to see what path they send Mando down now. There is definitely some meat on that bone.
[Reply]
Fish 12:17 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Largely, I agree.
Spoiler!

The first thing I said to my buddy who I watched it with was, "And that's why you don't become a religious zealot."

It'll be interesting to see what path they send Mando down now. There is definitely some meat on that bone.
Admittedly,

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 12:23 AM 01-28-2022
Yeah, that's been dumb from the start. Why the hell wouldn't zealots of the same zealotry be able to show their faces to each other when they're alone? Do they fuck each other with their helmets on? And wouldn't it be ridiculously easy to infiltrate their group if nobody knows what anybody else looks like? Oh, never mind - THIS IS THE WAY. :-)

Also, apparently people who lived a long time ago in a galaxy far away never got rashes, sores, acne or greasy helmet hair.
[Reply]
Fish 12:35 AM 01-28-2022
How does an assassin bounty hunter sneak up on somebody when your hair smells like wookiee taint? And how bad would the dandruff be on a stupid dry planet like Tatooine? You telling me Head and Shoulders is against my religion? That's bullshit, sir.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:58 AM 01-28-2022
How does an assassin bounty hunter sneak up on somebody when your hair smells like wookiee taint? And how bad would the dandruff be on a stupid dry planet like Tatooine? You telling me Head and Shoulders is against my religion? That's bullshit, sir.
Shit dude, that helmet does a fantastic wash, rinse, and set.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 08:18 AM 01-28-2022
I guess Mandalorians don't have to eat and drink or bathe at all. Keeping that helmet on all the time seems like a life shortening venture.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:20 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
I guess Mandalorians don't have to eat and drink or bathe at all. Keeping that helmet on all the time seems like a life shortening venture.
I think they might have shown Din Djarin eating in the episode he took his helmet off? I think they were in a cafeteria of some sort if I remember right?
[Reply]
Barret 08:42 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think they might have shown Din Djarin eating in the episode he took his helmet off? I think they were in a cafeteria of some sort if I remember right?
I believe he had his helmet off looking out a window in the episode in the village and they have to prepare for an AT-AT attack? He was eating or drinking then??? Maybe???
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:02 AM 01-28-2022
Hdo you guys even watch the show, or did everyone else have a stroke and forget everything? Self-referential joke!

He can take the helmet off when he's alone he can't take it off in front of others.

It's a major point of character development when he meets Bo Katan and learns that not all Mandalorian folks believe this and then when he removes it in the imperial base to access the computer for Grogu. There's even a scene on the Razor Crest showing Grogu trying to peek under his helmet while he's eating or drinking something, to establish the poignancy of Din removing it for him when Luke takes Grogu away.

I liked seeing the Armorer forge the chainmail piece. It supports my speculation that the titular Mandalorian nay be Grogu and not Din.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:07 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Hdo you guys even watch the show, or did everyone else have a stroke and forget everything? Self-referential joke!

He can take the helmet off when he's alone he can't take it off in front of others.

It's a major point of character development when he meets Bo Katan and learns that not all Mandalorian folks believe this and then when he removes it in the imperial base to access the computer for Grogu. There's even a scene on the Razor Crest showing Grogu trying to peek under his helmet while he's eating or drinking something, to establish the poignancy of Din removing it for him when Luke takes Grogu away.

I liked seeing the Armorer forge the chainmail piece. It supports my special lation that the titular Mandalorian nay be Grogu and not Dun.
Yeah, I know. It's still stupid. I was hoping he'd come to his senses a bit when we met Bo Katan.

Can't take your helmet off in front of a non-verbal baby? How is that the way?

Love the show. But even the best shows have dumb aspects.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up