ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
BWillie 05:49 PM 04-20-2024
Imagine this line up....I mean somebody would want to transfer..I mean portal, right?

STARTING LINE UP
PG: DaJuan Harris, 6'2''
SG: Rylan Griffen, 6'6''
SF: AJ Storr, 6'7''
PF: KJ Adams, 6'7''
C: Hunter Dickinson 7'2''
-------------------
SG: Zeke Mayo, 6'4''
PG: Philon Labaron, 6'3''
C: Flory Bidunga, 6'9''
SF: Riley Kugel, 6'5''
PF: Zach Clemence, 6'11''
SG: Elmarko Jackson, 6'3''
SG: Jamari McDowell, 6'4''
SG: Rakease Passmore, 6'4''
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:32 PM 04-20-2024
Not enough schollies for that. Aren't they still stuck with only 10 for another year?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:15 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Not enough schollies for that. Aren't they still stuck with only 10 for another year?
I think we can have 13 and 12 over the next two years, but we get to decide which year has 12.

It’s something weird like that.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:21 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think we can have 13 and 12 over the next two years, but we get to decide which year has 12.

It’s something weird like that.
Just pay the 13th guys schollie with NIL
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:11 AM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Nah, we had to lose 3 scholarships over a 3 year period. We dropped 2 last year, so have to drop 1 over the next 2 years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 AM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nah, we had to lose 3 scholarships over a 3 year period. We dropped 2 last year, so have to drop 1 over the next 2 years.
Thats confirmed info? Just got 1 more to give up?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:20 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats confirmed info? Just got 1 more to give up?
Yep it was a punishment we put on ourselves. 3 scholarships gone over 3 years. I really wish we could count arterio Morris as one but unfortunately we can't.
[Reply]
Ceej 12:23 PM 04-21-2024
HCBS really wants the NHL line change squad next year.

And I'm here for it.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:31 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
whew, I was thinking we were down 3 for another year. Thanks for unpuckering my ***.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:03 AM 04-21-2024
It seems like a scholarship is much reduced in value/incentive when it comes to recruiting. The really good players can make so much in NIL that paying their own tuition would be no big deal. Scholarship limits become less and less of a barrier if you're a big money program.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 04-21-2024
I actually like Clemence as the 4th big assuming he stops shooting 3s
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 AM 04-23-2024

Rylan Griffen just asked Sam Walters what his goal at Michigan was next season on IG live

Sam Walters’ response:

“Just to beat Kansas and hold Rylan Griffen to 0 points”

Rylan Griffen to @KUHoops? @NextRoundLive

— Taylor Korn (@TaylorKornTNR) April 23, 2024

[Reply]
Ceej 07:44 PM 04-23-2024
Philon decommitted tonight.

Kinda bummed, but this is the landscape of college basketball now.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:06 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Philon decommitted tonight.

Kinda bummed, but this is the landscape of college basketball now.
I really liked Philons potentially but honestly what is the point of getting freshman anymore? Unless they are a super blue chip recruit they probably won't be very good in year one. Instead you can go get Dalton Knecht, Grant Nelson, Jamal Shead, Tristan Newton and more established guys that will have much more certainty. I know we struck out last year mainly on transfers with Timberlake and the rapist but most other big time schools didn't. We just kinda were unlucky with those two.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 07:30 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I really liked Philons potentially but honestly what is the point of getting freshman anymore? Unless they are a super blue chip recruit they probably won't be very good in year one. Instead you can go get Dalton Knecht, Grant Nelson, Jamal Shead, Tristan Newton and more established guys that will have much more certainty. I know we struck out last year mainly on transfers with Timberlake and the rapist but most other big time schools didn't. We just kinda were unlucky with those two.
You need freshman, but for a team like Kansas you really have to be on one extreme or the other. Either the guy is an all American with a clear path to playing time, or you need to be getting guys in the 75-100 range like McDowell who are just happy to be here and understand they won't get major minutes for a year or two. Those guys are really important for depth. I was really hoping Clemence would stay, not because I think he's going to be amazing long term, but because having a fourth big who knows the system and can have some decent emergency minutes or a spot start due to injury is useful. You won't get those guys in the portal, as we saw last year. Guys that are ranked in the 30s like Philon just dont have a role anymore on this team in the portal era except in very specific circumstances .They are good enough to play somewhere right away but probably not for a top 5-10 team, and so they leave. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up