ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 270
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
An older player for a starting role has not bee Burt's style
True. But Veach did his due diligence with OBJ (the WR), right? So, he's not necessarily averse to the idea. Just hasn't found the right player in the right situation, yet.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:59 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I actually forgot that he called and left me a voicemail to let us know he was coming to KC.

This is too good to be buried here. My favorite part is how the intonation on this Leveon Bell is the same as that on yea Im sign chiefs.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:43 PM 03-08-2023
Right? Imagine my surprise when I received it. How did he know my number? Or my CP name??
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:57 AM 03-09-2023
Good watch.

Interesting that DHop is working out so soon after the MCL thing. Guess it wasn't nearly as bad as some thought.

Also, I forgot that Billy Bob and Deandre had kind of a turbulent relationship back in HOU. DHop might not want to go to NE.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:21 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, THAT is what I'm saying.

It's not that we have NO money, but we have SEVERAL holes to fill, and not MUCH money.

You can't blow it all on an over 30 big contract WR, which while he'd be nice to have, is a luxury when you have BIG GIANT HOLES at both OT spots and DE. Especially when it might take your second round pick, too.
Outside of LT and DE, those are not premium positions that can't be filled with draft picks and affordable free agents, though. third safety isn't going to break the bank. If Brown really does walk, I think you have to look at trading for a veteran LT again.

CJ becomes a major factor here, as trading him would free up so much cash and bring in so much draft capital, but how much of that do you have to spend just to replace his production? Man. What an intense but fun job Vorch has.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:55 AM 03-09-2023
Hopkins opened the door......RING SHOPPING
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:41 AM 03-09-2023
The only thing I was worried was him wanting a new contract.

Since hes open to playing at his current cap hits this is a no brainer.

Get DHop and kill everything in our path on the way to our 3rd SB victory for Mahomes/Reid.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:55 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Outside of LT and DE, those are not premium positions that can't be filled with draft picks and affordable free agents, though. third safety isn't going to break the bank. If Brown really does walk, I think you have to look at trading for a veteran LT again.

CJ becomes a major factor here, as trading him would free up so much cash and bring in so much draft capital, but how much of that do you have to spend just to replace his production? Man. What an intense but fun job Vorch has.
If we know anything about Burnt Quiche he’s been figuring this out for over a year. He has multiple plans. No doubt in my mind.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:21 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Good watch.

Interesting that DHop is working out so soon after the MCL thing. Guess it wasn't nearly as bad as some thought.

Also, I forgot that Billy Bob and Deandre had kind of a turbulent relationship back in HOU. DHop might not want to go to NE.
If he waived his no trade clause he might not have a say in where he goes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:33 AM 03-09-2023

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:08 AM 03-09-2023
Mahomes needs to start working on his fade's.....

We are going to be so fucking deadly in the redzone....
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:08 AM 03-09-2023
If the Chiefs come away with either Odell or Hopkins, it changes the complexion of this offense quite a bit. Both of these guys are tremendous talents and those hands aren't going away.

The Chiefs HAVE to be thinking about this so i think it'd be foolish to just hand wave this away. We already know they like OBJ as they've attempted to sign him before. And he's likely to receive a short term, incentive loaded contract, which is right up our alley.

And based on what we know of both Mahomes and Veach, there isn't a chance in hell they haven't had discussions about how awesome it'd be to throw to one of these guys. We have a GM that asks his QB for his preferred list of draft picks....so there's no fucking way they haven't discussed this.

If you will please, allow yourself to dream a little bit. Dream about Mahomes throwing to one of these guys....Go ahead, indulge a little.

[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 03-09-2023
Odell is done dude. The old OBJ ain't coming back.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:15 AM 03-09-2023
I mean...Hopkins and Kelce would be pretty fucking sick. OBJ just worries me because of his injuries.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:23 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Odell is done dude. The old OBJ ain't coming back.
Nope. He can still play.

Pingu GIFfrom Pingu GIFs

[Reply]
Page 55 of 270
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up