ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 270
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:04 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
In my excitement of having and other decade+ of Mahomes, I honestly hadn’t considered the sub-window of Mahomes + Kelce together at maximum velocity. I figure it is 2-3 years, when Kelce slows down or bows out for a media career.

Couple that window with Reid’s age/health as another overlapping factor, I don’t mind us taking big swings (like this one) this off-season and next. I think our Tyreek move + awesome draft haul bought us that luxury, if Veach is on board.

Don’t overpay in comp or cap, and ensure we draft for well again this year, and let’s roll.
This is it right here. Prime age Mahomes in waning years of Andy and Kelce. Don't want to look back and feel like we didnt push all the chips in on offense to see what's possible. Let's top 2018 but with a young, speedy, relatively inexpensive defense.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
So now Mahomes is Rogers?

Unreal. There isn’t anything else that needs to be said. Your opinion of Mahomes is noted.
That's a nice way to put words in my mouth.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:15 PM 03-01-2023
You guaranteeing 3-5 years of HOF play without injury? I’d you can promise that. Then maybe.
I'm mixed on DeHop. If he would play on his current contract may be.

But I have no faith in Toney's health, limited faith in JuJu's health, limited faith in Skyy to become the WR we all want to see.

Kelce is an iron man but he's not getting younger.

Not a lot of guarantees in this business. Discount WRs are going to have some sort of downside.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:01 AM 03-02-2023
He’s past his prime. Stop living in the past.

Just ducking quit.

Again. Another poster not appreciating Mahomes.
The stats prove that your notion is bs.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:03 AM 03-02-2023
It's like Russell Wilson, JJ Wyatt and Julio Jones didn't just happen
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:07 AM 03-02-2023
Yes.

There’s a weird stigma going around with DeAndre Hopkins where people think he’s injury prone or too old. He’s still that dude & EASILY a top 10 WR in football…his 17 game pace last year would’ve been 119 catches & 1,343 yards & he was doing it with backup QB’s. He’s still ELITE

— Braiden Turner (@bturner23) February 26, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:09 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
In my excitement of having and other decade+ of Mahomes, I honestly hadn’t considered the sub-window of Mahomes + Kelce together at maximum velocity. I figure it is 2-3 years, when Kelce slows down or bows out for a media career.

Couple that window with Reid’s age/health as another overlapping factor, I don’t mind us taking big swings (like this one) this off-season and next. I think our Tyreek move + awesome draft haul bought us that luxury, if Veach is on board.

Don’t overpay in comp or cap, and ensure we draft for well again this year, and let’s roll.
Great post.

People talk about emulating the Patriots but there was a decade where Brady and Belichick won no Super Bowls.

Go get 2 more Chips with Kelce still here.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:01 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
We have proven you don't have to pay big money to receivers or rbs.

Have the GOAT at QB and win in the trenches and its a recipe for great success.
Exception not the rule,

We also do not want to waste Mahomes prime by not putting quality players around him when possible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:05 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
DHop is already under contract until 2024. Why not take the short-term gain WITHOUT hamstringing the future cap? Both things can be possible. Veach is a cap wizard. If he thinks he can fit DHops contract in the cap for 2023 and 2024 without sacrificing future in-house free agents (Sneed, Bolton, Humphrey, etc...) go for it. Give up a 2ndish rounder to maximize Mahomes and Reid chances for rings #3 and #4.
Because his camp has already said they want a new deal as part of any trade.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Exception not the rule,

We also do not want to waste Mahomes prime by not putting quality players around him when possible.
You guys are making me agree with BleedingRed.

Veach and Andy have always talked about putting alot of weapons around Pat. This year was more of a "we got caught with the Tyreek thing a bit late and pivoted" kind of thing. I think exception not the rule is the way going forward.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:10 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because his camp has already said they want a new deal as part of any trade.
Of course they do.

But we aren't any old team, we're the Chiefs.

Worth exploring if he would play for us as is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:11 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Of course they do.

But we aren't any old team, we're the Chiefs.

Worth exploring if he would play for us as is.
Certainly worth exploring. But he's going to want a new contract. I think that's the deal-breaker.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:20 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Certainly worth exploring. But he's going to want a new contract. I think that's the deal-breaker.
Even if we could get him to play as is for 1 year I pull the trigger.

If he needs 25 million plus now then we go elsewhere.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:26 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes.

I agree 100%.
[Reply]
Balto 10:59 AM 03-02-2023
I like the idea but not if he wants Tyreek money. I agree with others about keeping him under his current contract for 2023 and then look at an extension during 2024 before he becomes a FA.

I'd also want to throw MVS into the trade as I feel the need for that extra cap space is outweighed by his production.

Cards get:
MVS
2023 2nd

Chiefs get:
DHop

Chiefs will save $7M by trading MVS. You add in DHops $19.45M, that will only be a net of $12.45M for him.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 270
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up