ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 270
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:49 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd use a 1 if it was Flowers or Addison, those guys would fit very easily into what Reid does.
I love me some Flowers, but he may be a bit redundant, idk.

Addison would be amazing, but i think he's one of the first, if not THE first WR off the board.

I see Addison and am reminded of Jeremy Maclin.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:49 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This WR room is shoddy enough that if they traded for Hopkins and used a 1 on a WR you could justify it.
Whooo'boy! Could you imagine J Addison, Z Flowers, or J Hyatt along with Hopkins?! We'd be stacked!

I'd probably prefer locking down the trenches if we get Hopkins and taking a guy that needs some polish like J Mingo later in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 03-21-2023
Mahomes making big money demands some shortcuts be made somewhere. The big hits of the last few draft years give you some runway though to do some things if you want to.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:50 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Whooo'boy! Could you imagine J Addison, Z Flowers, or J Hyatt along with Hopkins?! We'd be stacked!

Just wait until we trade for Justin Jefferson!
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:51 PM 03-21-2023
Ok, bring on D-Hop
[Reply]
Mecca 12:51 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Addison would be amazing, but i think he's one of the first, if not THE first WR off the board.

The WR class is all over the place but it's not out of the question that any of them could be there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:52 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Addison and Flowers are the only two WR's i'd bother with in the 1st. Maybe Smith-Njigba too.

Otherwise i'd rather the Chiefs focus on DL or S and then go WR in a later round.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:52 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This draft has some really good edge talent. There's no way they should draft a tackle in the 1st. It's a waste of resources.
Why? OT is an expensive position and plays every down. We picked up Taylor because he's versatile and willing to play either LT or RT. Sort of signals to me that we might take our LT of the future at #31 and ask him to play RT initially the same way OBJ started his career. If our new OT surpasses Taylor in ability, Taylor is willing to move to RT.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:59 PM 03-21-2023
This draft has some really good edge talent. There's no way they should draft a tackle in the 1st. It's a waste of resources.
Tackle is probably the 2nd hardest position to find in the league after QB. You just don’t see the types of guys Andy prefers being available often. 6’5”, 300+, 34 arms, 9.5+ hands and strength to boot. There aren’t that many humans with those characteristics.

Hell we saw how long it took with Fisher.

Never ever discount a quality tackle. Remember Wylie was just as bad as Orlando and they got lucky that the gameplan changed to quick outs against the Bengals and a water slide filed neutralized both teams pass rush.

Give me a good RT over a WR 100/100 times. If Patrick has time he’ll make it work with damn near anybody at WR
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:59 PM 03-21-2023
Here's the thing - when you listed our WR corps, you said "minus Juju".

Where are you getting almost 80 receptions and 900 yards to replace him?

Just lay it out for us.

What's your "ideal" plan for the WR group?
Let the guys on the roster step up and build depth around them.

As someone mentioned Skyy only got 33 targets last year. Why is that? Probably because he was sitting behind Juju. He's a second year player now.

But that's not all, the draft has yet to take place. We're going to get some young receivers and the camp battles will be epic. We're going to be just fine.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:00 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Noting that Kelce is considered our #1 WR at 34 yrs old but CP also knocking Hopkins for being 30 yrs old.
I've refrained from mentioning this, because I don't want to get into the Travis' future health/production purely speculative conversation, but yeah, it is pretty dissonant. Travis will be fine at 34 because he's a Chief, DHop@30 won't because he isn't. Okay.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:10 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I've refrained from mentioning this, because I don't want to get into the Travis' future health/production purely speculative conversation, but yeah, it is pretty dissonant. Travis will be fine at 34 because he's a Chief, DHop@30 won't because he isn't. Okay.
Yeah, a few things to set straight here guys...

1) If Kelce can produce elite numbers in KC at 34, so can Hopkins at 30.

2) No one cares about Sky Moore's development being hindered by Hopkins, who is a current top 10 elite WR.

3) Hopkins has missed some games, but he's more likely to complete a full season than Toney as our #1.

4) Hopkins has indicated he'd be flexible with his contract, and it's now being reported for a second time.

5) Yes, a late 2nd or 3rd would be expensive BUT there are no WRs in those rounds that would contribute to a SB the way Hopkins can over the next 2 seasons.

Continue...
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:10 PM 03-21-2023
That's it, because you guys are getting testy we're not trading for Hopkins now. Go to your rooms and don't come out until you've had a change in attitude.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:14 PM 03-21-2023
If you have a chance to protect your franchise QB, you do it. I’m sick of watching a hobbled Mahomes in the playoffs holding my breath every time someone makes an ankle tackle on him.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:16 PM 03-21-2023
Kelce
Hopkins
Toney
McKinnon

Those are really good Top 4 targets IMO, better than last year especially after Toney's settled in a bit more.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 270
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up