ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Super Bowl champion rips Chiefs' Eric Bieniemy after argument with Patrick Mahomes
Phoneix 07:30 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by :
Super Bowl champion running back LeSean McCoy appeared to take issue with Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy’s interaction with Patrick Mahomes on Sunday.

Mahomes and Bieniemy were seen getting into a heated conversation at the end of the second quarter of their loss to the Indianapolis Colts. McCoy took exception to it on social media.

"All Bieniemy does is argue wit (sic) the players .. KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT passing or PLAY CALLING," he wrote on Instagram.

Their meeting did not appear to light a fire underneath the offense. Kansas City was held to just three points in the final two quarters. The Chiefs missed a field goal that would have given them a seven-point lead and ended the game with an interception.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/super...atrick-mahomes
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:34 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It isn't about shallower drops.

Watch them run the RPO. Every play develops PAINFULLY slowly. It's not working.
Correct.

It's a college offense that worked for 2 years, and now NFL defenses are prepared for it.

Time to attack them with faster, more efficient plays.

I'm telling you...these defenses are leaving themselves susceptible to power/iso running and short/intermediate routes.

They're gambling that, as a team, this offense isn't cohesive enough to continuously and methodically "matriculate the ball down the field."

And so far, they're right.

Reid is such a disciple of that Walsh/Holmgren tree...out of all the criticism I've ever levied at Reid, having a disorganized mess of an offense with zero identity and no discernable plan of attack has never been one of them.

I really don't see this as Reid's mess. Unless something's wrong cognitively in his advancing age.

Idk. But this shit ain't right, y'all. And it's deeper than any of the players.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:34 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sync
Out of sync.

And if the OL is so terrible...CALL SHORTER PASS PLAYS WITH SHORTER DROPS.

Slants to JuJu, and then you can go sluggo deep late in the game.

Crossers, make CBs keep up with Hardman and MVS across the field horizontally and get that seperation short.

You have the BEST TE IN HISTORY, one who was BORN to kill cover 2 on the TE Seam route...WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT RUNNING THAT 5 TIMES A GAME!?

Flares, screens, and flats to McKinnon...

The fact I have to bring this up on this board is bad enough...but I seriously want to drive to 1 Arrowhead Dr, walk into the coaches meeting, kick Eric Bieniemy directly in the dick, take his headset, scream that shit at Andy Reid and tell him I'm the new OC.
They need a real offensive coordinator.

Andy Reid has lost so much of his traditional WCO background in all this RPO bullshit that if he went back to the fundamentals of the Walsh/Holmgren roots, it'd be unstoppable.

That would include more ISO/Power O type out of I and Pro set formations, which would give Reid more flexibilty in pre-snap motion and getting the matchups depending on the defensive alignment...

JFC, Eric Beinemy is hot garbage.
I'm not sure what you think they're running, lol.

They've been running a lot of Iform, double and triple TE sets. And crossers and slants are, and always have been, the bread and butter of this offense.

So much so that it's the crossers and such that are getting labeled as predictable.

When people say the playcalling needs improvement, they're really talking about situational playcalling and plays designed specifically to attack certain defensive looks.

The criticism is that the Chiefs don't call enough "Fuck the defense over" plays. AKA, your "WASP" plays. The criticism is that the Chiefs run whatever the fuck they want more often than not, rather than plays designed specifically to beat certain coverages. It's not that they don't do it, but rather they don't do it enough. They basically go, "this is one of our favorites and we're gonna run it because fuck you we're better".
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:35 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
What are our chances of getting 2 3rd round comp draft picks if another team signs him? I get the feeling that it’s off the table.
You'd have to give draft picks for someone to take EB.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09-28-2022, 01:35 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia. Reason: Wrong thread
htismaqe 01:39 PM 09-28-2022
I'll be honest.

I think they run this much RPO because of Mahomes. And at least in the game Sunday, he didn't run it well.

He made more than a handful of bad reads, especially in the running game.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:43 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm not sure what you think they're running, lol.

They've been running a lot of Iform, double and triple TE sets. And crossers and slants are, and always have been, the bread and butter of this offense.

So much so that it's the crossers and such that are getting labeled as predictable.

When people say the playcalling needs improvement, they're really talking about situational playcalling and plays designed specifically to attack certain defensive looks.

The criticism is that the Chiefs don't call enough "Fuck the defense over" plays. AKA, your "WASP" plays. The criticism is that the Chiefs run whatever the fuck they want more often than not, rather than plays designed specifically to beat certain coverages. It's not that they don't do it, but rather they don't do it enough. They basically go, "this is one of our favorites and we're gonna run it because fuck you we're better".
It's too much of the RPO.

IT'S TOO MUCH OF THE "FUCK YOU DEFENSE, HERE'S WASP" and too much shotgun.

The defenses are laying back in a shell, daring us to run and throw short/intermediate.

This Oline is a power run, traditional WCO Oline. That's just what they are.

Continuing to try and run shallow crossers out of the RPO in the shotgun is ridiculous. It takes too long to develop and everyone knows it's coming.

Time to take the training wheels off the offense, open up the playbook, expand the offenvise schematic to include attacking the ENTIRE FIELD because we have a QB capable of exactly all of that...

But you are correct, the situational playcalling has been shit.

So there's more than one problem.

But getting rid of Bieniemy would solve a lot of the problems in cohesion.

I don't know what to do about any of the otber stuff. Because it's Reid's show. Has he checked out? Is he giving EB enough rope to hang himself?

What is really going on?
[Reply]
crispystl 01:44 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The script we wrote didn’t work when defenses threw something different at us. He expected gus Bradley to run cover 3 and he didn’t. He also ganeplanned the wrong coverages against LAC thinking they were gonna play soft zone. We need to do way better at making in game adjustments. That means putting someone in the booth, that person actually knowing the adjustment and Andy being willing to deviant from plan
Yeah it looked to me like they weren't expecting to see those defensive looks. I said it earlier, but the first drive of he second half seemed to attack it more logically and efficiently, but then after they regressed back to the same shit they were doing in the first half.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:46 PM 09-28-2022
I'll be honest.

I think they run this much RPO because of Mahomes. And at least in the game Sunday, he didn't run it well.

He needs to learn how to :

1. Read defenses from under center
2. Read progressions instead of the RPO route tree
3. Attack the weakness of the defense

Abd Eric Bieniemy is not the OC to guide him in this.

He needs a cerebral Marc Trestman-type. A QB guru. A real, dyed-in the wool WCO OC with ties to Montana and Young.

For real.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:46 PM 09-28-2022
I'll be honest.

He needs a cerebral Marc Trestman-type. A QB guru. A real, dyed-in the wool WCO OC with ties to Montana and Young.

For real.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:46 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m still not sure why at this point in Mahomes career, that he’s not calling audibles more at the line. Read the defense and game plan the weakness. I agree that it looks like they call a play for the down and distance but not much else happens. I realize Manning was amazing at this but there’s no way Mahomes can’t do more of that at the line in similar fashion.
This is exactly what I was hoping for in Mahomes growth this season.

Too bad our media doesn't ask questions about this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah it looked t me like they weren't expecting to see those defensive looks. said it earlier, but the first drive of he second half seemed to attack it more more logically and efficiently, but then after they regressed back top the same shit they were doing in the first half.
And...

How many times have we seen them do that? A LOT, actually.

It's like they're stubborn or egotistical or both.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:49 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The script we wrote didn’t work when defenses threw something different at us. He expected gus Bradley to run cover 3 and he didn’t. He also ganeplanned the wrong coverages against LAC thinking they were gonna play soft zone. We need to do way better at making in game adjustments. That means putting someone in the booth, that person actually knowing the adjustment and Andy being willing to deviant from plan
Right, there are minimal in game adjustments, if any.

It's "keep Patrick firing the RPOs out of the shotgun, he'll make something happen eventually."

That has been their gameplan. And it's not reliable. It's kind of ridiculous.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:50 PM 09-28-2022
And...

Is Beinemy capable?

Does Reid give a shit anymore?

What the fuck is really going on there?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:53 PM 09-28-2022
Is Beinemy capable?

They’ve been told to start losing.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:54 PM 09-28-2022
And...

Way too damn often!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 09-28-2022
Is Beinemy capable?

Honestly, Mahomes HAS to share some of the blame. They use the RPO because of him, IMO.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:09 PM 09-28-2022

For real.
:-) you think Pat needs to learn those things? Holy fuck dude. Pat knows where everyone on the field is 90% of the time. Needs to learn to read progressions and attack weaknesses :-)

Chiefs fans now think Mahomes is stupid eh?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up