ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 423 of 435
« First < 323373413419420421422423 424425426427433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:50 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
537 yards and 2 TD's per year

They paid Sammy Watkins for that. But he had 1 big catch in the SB.
He had a big TD catch in the AFC Championship Game vs Tennessee as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:51 PM 10-16-2023
remember those sunday mornings we PINED for sammy to be healthy so our offense could be elite?

oh yes, he was worth it

the juice was worth the squeeze, even if we didn't get to drink as much as we wanted

but the juice we did drink was OH SO SWEET
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:01 PM 10-16-2023
Clark had 10.5 postseason sacks for the Chiefs over 4 seasons. I DON'T want him back, but I also have zero desire to shit on what he meant to the Chiefs during their postseason runs.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:22 PM 10-16-2023
Frank got a sack when it was 14-0 Texans, 34-24 KC then the one at the end of the game.

Saying he only collected sacks when the game was over is disingenuous.

And again using O.City's "we pay them so much and don't get what we're paying for" BS. I remind you that Chris Jones has only taken over a playoff game against a team with backups at OL.

It's a pretty weak argument not based on reality. Sammy had to be accounted for. So did Frank and Chris, who worked nicely together.

You're not getting Reggie White in FA every time. We all know you have to overpay to get players that time of year.
[Reply]
O.city 04:31 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Frank got a sack when it was 14-0 Texans, 34-24 KC then the one at the end of the game.

Saying he only collected sacks when the game was over is disingenuous.

And again using O.City's "we pay them so much and don't get what we're paying for" BS. I remind you that Chris Jones has only taken over a playoff game against a team with backups at OL.

It's a pretty weak argument not based on reality. Sammy had to be accounted for. So did Frank and Chris, who worked nicely together.

You're not getting Reggie White in FA every time. We all know you have to overpay to get players that time of year.
Yeah, I’d hope you get good production out of free agents vs a few plays

Novel ideal I know
[Reply]
O.city 04:32 PM 10-16-2023
“Chris jones has only taken over 1 game”

“Frank Clark had a couple sacks so he’s worth it”
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 10-16-2023
Chris Jones was the 2nd best defensive player on the field in the Super Bowl against SF - our best player by a wide margin. When you say "He's only taken over a playoff game against backups" you completely shoot any credibility to shit.

He was a MONSTER against SF. Orders of magnitude more important than anything Frank Clark ever did here. Yet again, YOU'RE the one now using sack totals as a crutch after years spent accusing others of doing so. Jones was also very good against Buffalo in the AFCCG and fairly good against TB but it was understandably lost to history. He was quite good against Buffalo the next year as well (and better than Clark against Cincy, that's for damn sure). Oh, and also our best defensive player against Jacksonville but since all you'll do is count sacks, you must've missed that as well.

Chris Jones has been better than Frank Clark in every single post-season they've ever played together. Chris Jones MADE Frank Clark.

And I'm supposed to sit here and listen to "weak argument not based on reality" from you when you go giving Clark and Watkins handjobs.

That's absolutely lunacy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:45 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I’d hope you get good production out of free agents vs a few plays

Novel ideal I know
Anthony Hitchens played probably the best game of his KC career against Cincy in the AFCCG when Mahomes shit the bed.

If Mahomes DOESN'T shit the bed, do we know have to conclude "Hitchens was worth it..."?

Had we signed Sorensen to a $18 million/season deal, did we then have to say "Hey, remember that Houston tackle? Worth it!"

This argument doesn't make any sense because there's no logical endpoint to it. Anything can be justified when it's all said and done. When Hitchens has a big pressure in the 49ers SB it necessarily follows - "Hey - he made a really nice play at a key time - WORTH IT!"

In what world is that a rational way to go about this?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:49 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He had a big TD catch in the AFC Championship Game vs Tennessee as well.
Dude was a flat out monster against NE.

Lost to history since it was a loss, but it’s still worth mentioning.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:09 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

In what world is that a rational way to go about this?
Easy. Hitchens and Sorenson weren’t around for the second SB win, and hence, they weren’t key pieces of the puzzle.

But Frank Clark and his swagger…
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:46 PM 10-16-2023
Sammy Watkins was making #1 receiver money to average less than 600 yards/season.
Watkins is the "all-in" signing you make when your generational QB is on a rookie contract.

Unsure we'll see another signing like it in this era for Patrick with the WR market the way it is.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:52 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Watkins is the "all-in" signing you make when your generational QB is on a rookie contract.

Unsure we'll see another signing like it in this era for Patrick with the WR market the way it is.
We signed him before Mahomes had ever started a meaningful regular season game. Watkins at the start was all about giving Mahomes a stable of weapons. The re-signing was really about just trying to run it back and hope his health would hold up.

Definitely don't think that luxury piece is coming back. We may sign a #1 WR again, but there won't be any question about that status whereas Watkins was a bit more uncertain after having traveled from the Bills to the Rams that season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:04 PM 10-16-2023
A sober-eyed and realistic perspective on what those players actually did during their time here.

Frank Clark is a lazy drunk who coasted for 90% of his time here. And in the post-season he was decent - generously - in half his games.

Houston and the SB in 2020. And no, he wasn't some game-wrecking force in those games either as badly as you people want it to be so. My god, re-watch that Houston game, the games was OVER when he was out there scooping up coverage sacks. And in the SF game you're sitting here talking about post-season sacks from Chris Jones without acknowledging that he was an ANIMAL in that game. Far far FAR better than Clark. I mean it wasn't close.

2020 -- Cleveland. And he was very good in this game. Weirdly, the only game he didn't get a post-season sack in but I digress. He was everywhere.

2021 -- Pittsburgh. Also didn't get a post-season sack but he was solid. Against Buffalo he was lousy and against Cincy he played arguably the worst game I've seen from a DL in the post-season against an absolute shitshow of an OL. "BUT PLAYOFF FRANK!!!!"

2022 -- Cincy. Probably the only game he's played in his entire "Playoff Frank" run where I think he was instrumental to the outcome. Really a good game and we needed everything we got from everyone.

It's just hilarious to me that going way back to the first 6 weeks of his slapdick drunken horseshit here we had the usual Clark ball-washers saying "You guys only care about sacks!!!" and when I would point out "Uh, no, sacks are oftentimes a happy accident - I want to see X, Y and Z from him and maybe the sacks will come..." And now it's "But look at all his post-season sacks!!!"

I never ever EVER said Clark can/should be judged by his sacks. I said that when you were using the lack of sacks as some sort of shield. I'll say that now when you're using the post-season sacks as a sword.

Frank Clark was a bad football player - not an overpaid one, not an overrated one, but a flat fucking BAD one - for the overwhelming majority of his career here.
:-) This is some highly concentrated Haterade.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:12 PM 10-16-2023
Saunders made one of the more important plays of the game in the Super Bowl.

But you didn't know Frank Clark was playing in Denver. So there's that...
Well yeah I don't pay a whole lot of attention to other football teams or who they sign. I only give a fuck about one.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:22 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Okay, team. New rule. Anybody can just do whatever the **** they want in the regular season. It doesn't matter, after all. You only have to show up in the playoffs and make a handful of big plays over a couple games.

So it has been decreed by Chiefs Kingdom that you are worth your mega millions contract if you just do that!
I care about championships. The regular season is just business as usual. "We're off to the next team". The Patriots had this mindset and it's why they were successful for 20 ****ing years. Chiefs fans should have that same mindset. The Chiefs organization already does. We are literally the new Patriots, minus the cheating bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 423 of 435
« First < 323373413419420421422423 424425426427433 > Last »
Up