ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 240
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:25 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
I view the punt differently than most on here.

I think that he should have run the football on 3rd down instead of the pass. Perhaps he gets the 3 yards. Perhaps he gets one or two of them. If so...……..then going for it on 4th and 1 is a no brainer.

The third down call is the one that made the 4th and 3 an issue. It certainly was, or should have been a 4 down situation. You run the football on 3rd down in that situation...............….every f***ing time!

At least I would have.
Great point...I agree. Should've went into the 3rd down play knowing you're going for it on 4th so why not run it there?

But then again we punted earlier when it was 4th and half a yard (which is absurd anywhere at any time, I don't care) so we still might've punted...
[Reply]
SupDock 09:33 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
I view the punt differently than most on here.

I think that he should have run the football on 3rd down instead of the pass. Perhaps he gets the 3 yards. Perhaps he gets one or two of them. If so...……..then going for it on 4th and 1 is a no brainer.

The third down call is the one that made the 4th and 3 an issue. It certainly was, or should have been a 4 down situation. You run the football on 3rd down in that situation...............….every f***ing time!

At least I would have.
Exactly what I said last night. 3rd and 3 you are thinking 4 down territory. You run the ball at least once.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Last year means fuck-all, broski.
Disagree. History always means something.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 AM 10-28-2019
Same shit as always, 99 out of 100 NFL coaches are stubborn boobs that make the same in game decisions so no one will bitch.

That's now 3 times in the 4th Reid has punted and not gotten the ball back to lose, yet he'll keep doing it because it's the by the book decision. No taking into account what your team is, the situation, nope just by the book so no hard questions.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:17 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Disagree. History always means something.
Sure, it means something when it comes to a head coach that never learns from his mistakes.

Case in point :

Originally Posted by Mecca:
Same shit as always, 99 out of 100 NFL coaches are stubborn boobs that make the same in game decisions so no one will bitch.

That's now 3 times in the 4th Reid has punted and not gotten the ball back to lose, yet he'll keep doing it because it's the by the book decision. No taking into account what your team is, the situation, nope just by the book so no hard questions.
What history doesn't mean, Clay, is that "last year's team was good, and we made significant improvements in the offseason, so this year's team should automatically be better and take the next step."

There are numerous examples of that just not being the case.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:25 AM 10-28-2019
I haven't seen the press conference yet however I'm going out on a limb and saying that Andy will take responsibility, look at the film and fix it because well, it's on him.

For the most part, the Chiefs did fairly well containing Rodgers. Except for the two insane plays that only a few QBs could have made and the multiple completions on 3rd and 10 for first downs and the total inability to cover the running back with a linebacker.

I would think that someone so insanely smart, a true Wile E. Coyote genius, would be able to help out the defense to figure out a way to prevent the same play from beating you all night long.

The trading of draft picks and signing large free agent contracts that are NOT team friendly combined with the huge contract that Mahomes is going to command is going to severely limit what the Chiefs are going to be able to do moving forwards. I see a team similar to the Packers; even with Rodgers, they haven't owned the NFC.

Oh well, I didn't think the Chiefs would win last night and for the most part was an entertaining game.

On to Minnesota...
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:29 AM 10-28-2019

I don't like it.

It's called 'fraidy cat' punting.

I remember Belichick going for it on 4th down against the Colts in a big regular season game on his side of the field and NOT getting it.

He was eviscerated for that decision. If you lose the game the decision was wrong no matter what in the eyes of most fans. If you win, it's all good.

I said my piece. I wouldn't have bagged him if they failed but I don't think they would have won the game if they had gotten it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:39 AM 10-28-2019
Reid/Bienemy/Kafka's scheming last night was beyond brilliant. For that reason alone this thread is embarrassing.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Reid/Bienemy/Kafka's scheming last night was beyond brilliant. For that reason alone this thread is embarrassing.
His scheme doesn't lose games, his baffling game management does. We have now lost 3 games where we punted with 5 minutes to go and never touched the ball again.

How many times do you have to do that to learn?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:46 AM 10-28-2019
His scheme doesn't lose games, his baffling game management does. We have now lost 3 games where we punted with 5 minutes to go and never touched the ball again.

How many times do you have to do that to learn?
To learn what? I'd like to know, exactly, what you are proposing.

(BTW, I hated the punt. That doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated enough to understand the reasoning.)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:47 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't like it.

It's called 'fraidy cat' punting.

I remember Belichick going for it on 4th down against the Colts in a big regular season game on his side of the field and NOT getting it.

He was eviscerated for that decision. If you lose the game the decision was wrong no matter what in the eyes of most fans. If you win, it's all good.

I said my piece. I wouldn't have bagged him if they failed but I don't think they would have won the game if they had gotten it.
No, but they could've tied it up and forced Rodgers to score late to win, at worst, or go to OT at best.

You know...at least give your team a chance. Put them in a position to have a chance at winning. Which is what a good coach is supposed to do.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:47 AM 10-28-2019

(BTW, I hated the punt. That doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated enough to understand the reasoning.)
Learn that with this team it's a game losing decision. It's like he doesn't grasp that the defense is not going to stop the other team in a key moment.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:49 AM 10-28-2019
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...gainst-packers

Holy crap a lot of the AP commenters are dumb. They get hung up on the short field if we fail to convert. Who fucking cares? Packers didn't need points - they just needed a few first downs to run out the clock. It doesn't matter where they start on the field. Argh.

As dysfunctional as this forum is, no one here argues stupid shit like that.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:50 AM 10-28-2019

How to have a feel for game momentum and how to actually manage the game clock.

Punting the ball made no sense with all the momentum with the packer's offense, and he said the exact opposite. He thought KC"s DEFENSE had the momentum at that time as if it was early in the 3rd quarter.

He is what he is. These warts are not going away, and they're why he's never won a championship. Maybe, with a transcendent talent, he can. Honestly that's how it works for most coaches.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:51 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...gainst-packers

Holy crap a lot of the AP commenters are dumb. They get hung up on the short field if we fail to convert. Who ****ing cares? Packers didn't need points - they just needed a few first downs to run out the clock. It doesn't matter where they start on the field. Argh.

As dysfunctional as this forum is, no one here argues stupid shit like that.
Points would have sealed the game even earlier.

This isn't a 'one size fits all' answer where one thing is always right.

I just don't know how Andy misjudges the game momentum that way. He does it all the time. That's why KC rarely blows anyone out even though they can score like crazy. KC's D was exhausted and after a lot of plays Rodgers was really figuring out how to attack what Kc was doing and the running game was starting to become effective.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 240
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Up