ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 172
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
stonedstooge 03:24 PM 02-15-2014
Anyone know about swing arms? My son is looking at a GSXR 1000that has a custom swing arm on the unit. Seller said something about the frame is extended out 3 inches also. Dude also claims he never raced it. I don't know anything about motorcycles but know in cars, most "customized" additions hurt the value more than help. Any
[Reply]
Dayze 08:12 PM 02-18-2014
Hmm. From a practical stand point, the swing arm is a racing mod. Unless the seller was only after cosmetic alterations. In which case, he probably didnt know shit about bikes and I would question how he took care of it from a mechanical perspective.

The frame comment.....hmm. I'm not sure. Never heard of a fame mod on a sportbike. Any time I would hear about frame mods, (sans a legit bobber or chopper) would make me run.

Sounds like either way the swing arm bit would leave me weary. Plus, how much to get it back to stock in terms of $$. Unless your son wanted to keep it that way etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:15 PM 02-18-2014
Also, my brother had a 10-15mph low side today. The trash on the road from the winter. He said there was no sand when he went back to look. I suspect the pavement with all the ice melting chemicals played a part.

He's ok. Little rash on his knee but otherwise the main injury was his ego. We've all been there. Exhaust is scratched pretty good. Pegs, mirrors, grip on the right side are beat up. But,the good news is the tank wasn't damaged at all. So just a few cheap repairs and all will be right with the world again.

Be careful out there
[Reply]
Dayze 08:24 PM 02-18-2014
Mods on my '72 finally done (the rear XiED) and everything buttoned back up (seat, battery cover etc).
Took her just for a very quick ride on Sunday just around the general neighborhood area. LOVE the sound of her now. Sounds like a Harley now.

No popping on de-celleration (sp?). Seem s abit smoother down low and up throw the gears. No flat spots down low like there was before. Seems like there is more power, but I doubt very much in reality. It breathes a bit better so I'm sure there is a 'slight' power increase, but really what is noticeable is how smooth it is now that it's running slightly more rich in close-loop mode.

Very please. All in all, the mods were $600 pretty much right on the nose. So, not a ton of money put into it to make it how I want. The only 'other' expensive mod will be to lower it. But that can wait until next year or thereabouts.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:40 PM 02-18-2014
ya, was very windy out today... I hit 55 and was getting tossed around like a rag doll... Had to slow down a bit.

I'd imagine that didn't help any.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:47 PM 02-25-2014
I finally decided to bite the bullet and ride up to Worth on Saturday to drop off the bike for scheduled maintenance. bummer.

however, this being my first maintenance encounter with Worth, I've been 100% pleased. I rolled in the service bay - which was kind of neat since it feel like you're riding into the dealership/showroom lol -, gave the lady my Name. She scanned my preferred maintenance card thingy, and I was out the door in less than 5 minutes. They called me at 5pm yesterday to tell me they were done! Not bad, considering I dropped it off around 2pm on Saturday, and they're closed on Mondays.

So, they're dropping off the bike at my house on Saturday. Overall, VERY satisfied with my Worth experience. Both in buying, and the maintenance side of things. The lady that called me back to tell me it was finished, even referenced my bikes' 'name' I had mentioned to her in conversation lol. "Hi Dayze; this is Heather at worth to let you know that Reece was taken care of and is ready to go!"

Meanwhile, after buying 2 other bikes from a dealer in the area of, say, Grandview, it was like pulling teeth whenever I had to interact with them. Terrible experience overall.
*edit.....due to there being 2 dealerships near Grandview, I should have clarified the northern-most dealership. :-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:54 PM 02-25-2014
Oh ya... Worth blows the other local places out of the water.... and it's not even debatable.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:15 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I finally decided to bite the bullet and ride up to Worth on Saturday to drop off the bike for scheduled maintenance. bummer.

however, this being my first maintenance encounter with Worth, I've been 100% pleased. I rolled in the service bay - which was kind of neat since it feel like you're riding into the dealership/showroom lol -, gave the lady my Name. She scanned my preferred maintenance card thingy, and I was out the door in less than 5 minutes. They called me at 5pm yesterday to tell me they were done! Not bad, considering I dropped it off around 2pm on Saturday, and they're closed on Mondays.

So, they're dropping off the bike at my house on Saturday. Overall, VERY satisfied with my Worth experience. Both in buying, and the maintenance side of things. The lady that called me back to tell me it was finished, even referenced my bikes' 'name' I had mentioned to her in conversation lol. "Hi Dayze; this is Heather at worth to let you know that Reece was taken care of and is ready to go!"

Meanwhile, after buying 2 other bikes from a dealer in the area of, say, Grandview, it was like pulling teeth whenever I had to interact with them. Terrible experience overall.
Oh really? My good bud has bought a couple of bikes at Gail's and seems to like them. I have been in there a couple of times but never bought anything from them.

One place I will say that I have not had very good experiences with is Rawhide.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:04 PM 02-25-2014
Lotus is going to start making motorcycles.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/20/l...c-01-official/

Can't say I'm a fan of the design but it is interesting they're dipping a toe into the market.
[Reply]
Time's Yours 04:14 PM 02-25-2014
Lotus isn't making motorcycles. It's just a licensing deal that happened under the former CEO of Lotus (who has since been fired).

Lotus has nothing to do with designing or building those motorcycles.
[Reply]
Dayze 04:55 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Oh really? My good bud has bought a couple of bikes at Gail's and seems to like them. I have been in there a couple of times but never bought anything from them.

I've heard good things about Gails. and heard the same about Rawhide lol

They were the ones that weren't willing to deal and not play games. they called me a week later and I told them I had already bought a bike at Worth because they didn't jerk me around with games. I told them what I wanted, what I'd pay; we countered 2 times. and Done. I couldn't even get Rawhide to give me a price. They just kept saying "oh, don't worry, we'll make the numbers work".

Uh..no dipshit. I know what I can afford, and know what I want to spend. I don't need to screw with the shell game of moving rates, and terms around etc.
Then I went up there about a month ago to buy a jacket, and on my way out I was looking at the 2014 72's just the new paint colors (of the whopping 2 they had in stock). and a salesman comes up, and we shoot the breeze. he asks if I ride and I tell him 'yes' that I ride the 72 I just bought in September. then asks if I'm interested in the 14's he could get a good deal for me. :-). I just sort of laughed. I asked "the same 'smokin' deal you guys talked about for the '13 but wouldn't give me the price"? Not to mention....WTF would I want to buy a bike 6 months after I just bought one.

he asked what I paid at Worth and I said "$10.1K out the door". his eyes got big. I asked 'are your killer deals that good"? He said "probably not".
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:58 PM 02-25-2014
Got the Expedition sold next weekend. Told myself I wouldn't upgrade the bike until it was sold do to recent car purchases. Will start ordering next week.
[Reply]
Dayze 05:04 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Got the Expedition sold next weekend. Told myself I wouldn't upgrade the bike until it was sold do to recent car purchases. Will start ordering next week.
uh oh.... :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 05:08 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:

I should've clarified...
the 'northern-most' dealership in/around Grandview. :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 05:13 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
uh oh.... :-)
I am totally stoked. Trying to decide between the Brocks sidewinder ceramic black or the alien head.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 172
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up