ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3660 of 3903
« First < 2660316035603610365036563657365836593660 3661366236633664367037103760 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:47 AM 08-17-2021

[Reply]
TLO 10:02 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think about this when I've heard of people going to farm stores to buy ivermictin.

Vaccine - Scary!!!
Farm store ivermictin designed for horses - this seems fine.
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:04 AM 08-17-2021
Came across this the other day. Just wondering what are your opinions on this? Can you prove/disprove anything that is said here?
I am truly curious. Not trying to push any agenda.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSgC0SdjRKK/
[Reply]
TLO 10:06 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Came across this the other day. Just wondering what are your opinions on this? Can you prove/disprove anything that is said here?
I am truly curious. Not trying to push any agenda.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSgC0SdjRKK/
Nvm. Got it to open. I stopped listening at Joe Rogan and ivermictin.
[Reply]
Fish 10:07 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Wow. And you try to put off like you're the smart one in the room? It doesn't matter which months you look at? Really? So if you include the data from when the vaccine wasn't readily available and most people weren't vaccinated you don't think it skews the numbers? Have you looked at deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated for recent months? Of course you haven't because you wouldn't be saying that if you did.

I shared this in the other post. I'll share it again here.

When you look at just one of the charts in the picture above, I understand why you would think most deaths are in the unvaccinated. Clearly there are more vaccinated deaths according to just one of those charts by itself. Now look at the dates. They are measuring back to December when most weren't vaccinated. However, if you compare the charts from one week to the next you can see what the newest data is. You'll see that CURRENTLY just as many vaccinated are dying as non-vaccinated. The numbers don't lie. Just the people that report them. The graphic like the one I originally commented on bothers me because vox made an intentional decision to not show what months they were including. If they did the same graphic, but only using data from last month it wouldn't look anything like the graphic they published.
I'm saying that one chart doesn't negate the current stats showing how successful these vaccines have been. It simply doesn't. 97-99% of the hospitalizations now are unvaccinated. Similar stats with deaths. They've administered 4.7+ million vaccine doses around the world. The results are clear. I could provide countless sources proving this. Wouldn't matter though. There will be no convincing some of you. But thankfully many people who were previously hesitant have changed their minds. Unfortunately often because they finally saw the results of the virus in someone close to them. Regardless, it's clear to those not drowning in confirmation bias that the vaccines are very effective.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:10 AM 08-17-2021

As of today, the Camping World Stadium in Orlando will serve as a monoclonal antibody treatment site, open 7 days a week, with a capacity of 320 patients a day.

Expanding access to this treatment will help our most vulnerable stay out of the hospital and save lives. pic.twitter.com/jGl1ClSj6k

— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) August 16, 2021

Anti-vaxxers itt - are you ok with monoclonal antibodies? I'm legitimately curious.
[Reply]
Fish 11:35 AM 08-17-2021
Kansas hospitals rejecting transfer patients as COVID-19 cases surge

Kansas hospitals are turning away many transfer patients as coronavirus cases surge across the country.

The University of Kansas Health System is full and only taking a fraction of the patients it normally would from other states.

Health officials report similar situations from other hospitals across the state.

“There was a patient in Salina, Kansas that we couldn’t find a bed for in Kansas,” said Dr. Steven W. Stites, in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division of Internal Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center. " That patient ended up in, I think Oshkosh, Wisconsin. So, this is bad.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:00 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
As more people get vaccinated, more cases will happen in vaccinated people. Same with deaths.
Exactly my point. When people keep saying "99% of covid deaths are unvaxed" they are using flawed info. They're using info from when the vaccines weren't widely used. It skews the numbers dramatically.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:02 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
IMO, the only issue is when people want their personal freedom of choice, which works perfectly good in a vacuum, while giving no shits about how their personal choices impact other people (and their freedom of choice).

It's one thing to say you're uncomfortable with getting the vaccine, but still being cognizant of the fact that you could still end up in an overcrowded hospital or spreading it pre-symptomatically (the latest I've read is asymptotically isn't a big issue), so masking up and not going to large indoor gatherings, etc.

.....and it's another thing to completely ignore the issue, potentially spread it, and expect a hospital bed if you do end up needing one.

Like you said, it is about checking off risk factors, for yourself and others... I just learned someone who's 65 and has been taking care of a 94 year old, and has a 90yo parent, and works in a hospital.... isn't vaccinated, and the only logic I've heard is "not living in fear". That's a lot of risk factors to completely ignore without good reasoning.

And the truth is there are a lot of people out there like that, who really don't have a good reason.
Vaccinated people spread covid too. What's your point?
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:05 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think about this when I've heard of people going to farm stores to buy ivermictin.

Vaccine - Scary!!!
Farm store ivermictin designed for horses - this seems fine. :-)
It's a shame that people are forced to buy "farm ivermectin" which is the same thing as people ivermectin because Dr.s were afraid to prescribe it for fear of reprisal. Billions of Ivermectin doses have been given safely. It's one of the safest drugs on the market.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:14 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It simply doesn't. 97-99% of the hospitalizations now are unvaccinated.
You do realize they don't treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same in hospitals right? If you are vaccinated they don't test you for covid unless you are symptomatic. If you are un-vaccinated they do test you for covid even if you're asymptomatic.

Put it this way. If both of us go to the hospital because of heart attacks, you are vaccinated, I am not. They will test me for covid, even though I'm not there for Covid. They won't test you. If I show a positive test result, even though I'm not there for Covid, even though I'm asymptomatic, I'm considered "hospitalized with Covid". You won't be. Even if you are positive and asymptomatic just like me. They don't test you.

Why do they do this? Why would I even be considered "covid related hospitalization" when my hospitalization has nothing to do with Covid? I'm there for a heart attack and asymptomatic. There is nothing scientific about this. When you intentionally skew data like this you've lost every bit of trust I would otherwise have in you.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:24 PM 08-17-2021
You do realize they don't treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same in hospitals right? If you are vaccinated they don't test you for covid unless you are symptomatic. If you are un-vaccinated they do test you for covid even if you're asymptomatic.

Put it this way. If both of us go to the hospital because of heart attacks, you are vaccinated, I am not. They will test me for covid, even though I'm not there for Covid. They won't test you. If I show a positive test result, even though I'm not there for Covid, even though I'm asymptomatic, I'm considered "hospitalized with Covid". You won't be. Even if you are positive and asymptomatic just like me. They don't test you.

Why do they do this? Why would I even be considered "covid related hospitalization" when my hospitalization has nothing to do with Covid? I'm there for a heart attack and asymptomatic. There is nothing scientific about this. When you intentionally skew data like this you've lost every bit of trust I would otherwise have in you.
Heart attack and asymptomatic? You mean chest pain and shortness of breath along with fatigue? Maybe diaphoretic. Sounds like someone that needs a swab.

This sounds like intentionally skewing data to you?
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 12:28 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Anti-vaxxers itt - are you ok with monoclonal antibodies? I'm legitimately curious.
I’m not an anti-vaxxer but I would say why not? If it can cure you once you’re sick then might as well.
[Reply]
Fish 12:42 PM 08-17-2021

CDC changed their recommendation to now include testing for vaccinated people even when not showing symptoms...

CDC Reverses Guidance on Testing for Fully Vaccinated People
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 08-17-2021
Exactly my point. When people keep saying "99% of covid deaths are unvaxed" they are using flawed info. They're using info from when the vaccines weren't widely used. It skews the numbers dramatically.
Over 98% of hospitalizations and deaths in my area are from non vaccinated people, per the hospital report for the month of July.

While it has changed numerically as more people get shots, it doens't change the end game.
[Reply]
Page 3660 of 3903
« First < 2660316035603610365036563657365836593660 3661366236633664367037103760 > Last »
Up