ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021: FA WR's: Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel?
Dante84 05:37 PM 02-22-2021
Nate Taylor (from The Athletic) seems to think Veach might be interested in one of these 2 in Free Agency.

So, after factoring in price tag, age and talent, who would you rather have?

Corey Davis, WR, Titans (age 26)
Spoiler!

Curtis Samuel, WR, Panthers (age 24)
Spoiler!

Nate also mentions these other players:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:52 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Williams market value is 18 mil. That’s not happening guys

If he wants a deal that pays him that in cap hit in 2021, no, it probably isn’t. But KC can create a lot of cap room if the cap stays flattish with restructures of Jones and Mahomes and extensions on Mathieu and Hill and cut/rework on Fisher and/or Schwartz.

They could find a way to do something that paid him $54M over the next 3 three years (probably including a few years on the back end to spread the signing bonus out further).

Signing bonus: $20M
Year 1: 6M base ($26M in cash year 1, 11m cap hit)
2: 10M base (guaranteed, 16M cap hit)
3: 12M base, 6M roster bonus, 23M cap hit)
4 and 5: big numbers based on roster bonus,
Likely to be cut

That gives him 54M over the next 3 without killing KC any of those years.

It’s 100 percent do-able. Which doesn’t make it probably.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Let’s bring in Emmanuel Sanders when he gets cut. Then after he gets here and is ready to sign, we tell him to get fucked

I LOL-ed. Going to be interesting to see how the Saints kick the can. Those moves will still leave them about $70M of space to find, I believe.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:57 PM 02-22-2021
I’d love Davis. His best football is ahead of him and started this past year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:58 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That was Pioli and Cassel.

Now we’ve got Veach and Mahomes.
Dorsey/Reid and Alex
[Reply]
New World Order 07:59 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d love Davis. His best football is ahead of him and started this past year.
Even with all of our offensive firepower in 2018 the first thing Veach did was go out and pay Sammy.

Could certainly at least see us try for Davis.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Even with all of our offensive firepower in 2018 the first thing Veach did was go out and pay Sammy.

Could certainly at least see us try for Davis.
If I had to bet, we will go after one big fish this free agency. A blue chip talent.

WR, OL, or DE.

I’m fine if it’s Davis. Some roll their eyes about it but you have to consider what if scenarios, like if Hill and Kelce are being effectively double teamed, or even worse scenarios which I will not speak into existence. Not ever going to bitch about giving Mahomes weapons. They can still find more OL in the draft along with a couple of signings.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:06 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yikes. Just realized the Titans have set themselves up remarkably to return to the glories of 8-8/9-7.
:-) Case in point.

#Titans 2020 first-round OT Isaiah Wilson tweets that he’s done with football as a Titan. He only played in four snaps last season and was involved in a number of off the field incidents. pic.twitter.com/N2cv7WyARq

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 08:14 PM 02-22-2021

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:27 PM 02-22-2021

Probably going to lose Davis and Jonnu Smith. At least one. Their offense has actually been stacked at skill positions lately.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:39 PM 02-22-2021
Fix the trenches and the rest will come. Pat needs time more than he needs weapons. Just my .02.

We forget we already had Sammy Watkins and it means nothing without time to throw.

Corey Linsley or Trent Williams over skill position.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:40 PM 02-22-2021
We can afford Williams and Davis if they take lower cap hits this year and get larger as the cap goes up. With how Veach works....I wouldn’t be shocked to see them sign Williams, Davis and Okwara.

Fisher and Schwartz are done.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:42 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Fix the trenches and the rest will come. Pat needs time more than he needs weapons. Just my .02.

We forget we already had Sammy Watkins and it means nothing without time to throw.
Sure, but the reason he didn’t have the requisite time to throw and win another Super Bowl was injuries + opt outs. Not a pure lack of talent added to the OL — just bad luck.

Do they win SB54 without Watkins, or more broadly, that 2nd WR who can step up when Hill and Kelce aren’t firing away? I don’t think they would have. It’s an important piece of the operation, that 2nd WR.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:50 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Sure, but the reason he didn’t have the requisite time to throw and win another Super Bowl was injuries + opt outs. Not a pure lack of talent added to the OL — just bad luck.

Do they win SB54 without Watkins, or more broadly, that 2nd WR who can step up when Hill and Kelce aren’t firing away? I don’t think they would have. It’s an important piece of the operation, that 2nd WR.

I agree with that.

Don't get me wrong I love the weapons. But I have very little confidence in our T's going forward. I'm just not sure we can pay the price for both a stud T and another explosive playmaker. That lowered cap is gonna sting.

(For the record I'd take Samuel. Looks like he separates better and is a bit more shifty.)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:01 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-)
:-)

Third that motion.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:03 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I agree with that.

Don't get me wrong I love the weapons. But I have very little confidence in our T's going forward. I'm just not sure we can pay the price for both a stud T and another explosive playmaker. That lowered cap is gonna sting.

(For the record I'd take Samuel. Looks like he separates better and is a bit more shifty.)
I mean, we CAN'T count on our Tackles for an entire season.

This year proved that in spades.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:04 PM 02-22-2021
I’ve been pounding the Silverback drum for a month now.

Let’s make it simple...

Take Fisher and Remmers money and give it to Silverback. Signing him will impact this offense more than any other player we could add to the offense. It will give Mahomes more time to read defenses and take the deep shots he likes taking. He’s a HOF LT.

I still think this offseason will be adding Watt and Silverback and then killing the draft...but I’m eternally an optimist.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up