ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 435 of 488
« First < 335385425431432433434435 436437438439445485 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:49 AM 04-20-2022
A: 17 games, 159 targets, 111 receptions, 1239 yards, 11.2 Y/R, 9 TD.

B: 16 games, 121 targets, 77 receptions, 1405 yards, 18.2 Y/R, 6 TD.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:50 AM 04-20-2022
I’d be happy with sending 50 this year and a conditional pick next year for Samuel. Something like a 4th that could become a 3rd if he plays in enough games…like 13.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:51 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not only do we need players this year but we have even less under contract next season. Fuck spending picks to trade up for a WR when this team needs depth and starters at key positions. I'm all for sticking at 29 and then trading down from 30 if we can get decent value.
we get more trade value from pick 29.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Trading away Hill and trading for Samuel and paying him big $ makes zero sense. Hill is a much more established talent.
Depends on the draft and contract compensation.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:55 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Trading away Hill and trading for Samuel and paying him big $ makes zero sense. Hill is a much more established talent.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think it’s “denial”.

It’s just incredibly unlikely that the Chiefs turn around and trade for another WR that they have to pay top dollar to after trading one away.
Here's the thing - you're both acting as if they WANTED to trade him.

They offered him Top 3 WR money. He didn't want it, and didn't want to be here. They sent him where HE wanted to go.

Veach and Reid weren't spending the offseason planning to trade Hill and replace him.

But if they get the chance to "replace" him at a cost (both draft capital and cash) they are comfortable with, I have no doubt they will.

With that said, if they feel the offense truly won't miss a beat with a handful of WR3's and a rookie or two, then by all means - sit tight.

We have no idea which of the above they are thinking.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:55 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think it’s “denial”.

It’s just incredibly unlikely that the Chiefs turn around and trade for another WR that they have to pay top dollar to after trading one away.
Except if the cap cost and draft compensation is less.

We got a 1, 2 and 2 4s for Tyreek…maybe we could profit close to a first in value while also saving a few buck for a WR that fits extremely well in this offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Except if the cap cost and draft compensation is less.

We got a 1, 2 and 2 4s for Tyreek…maybe we could profit close to a first in value while also saving a few buck for a WR that fits extremely well in this offense.
Also unlikely…
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM 04-20-2022
Wait, where is it coming from that Hill didn't want to be here? From Rosenhaus own mouth he said Hill would prefer to stay here unless Miami offered substantially more. Which they did.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wait, where is it coming from that Hill didn't want to be here? From Rosenhaus own mouth he said Hill would prefer to stay here unless Miami offered substantially more. Which they did.
I think Hill would have rather been in Miami and closer to home. Not wanting to be here doesn't mean that he hated the Chiefs....just that he would have preferred the money and Miami more.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 04-20-2022
Exactly.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:05 PM 04-20-2022
I think Hill would have rather been in Miami and closer to home. Not wanting to be here doesn't mean that he hated the Chiefs....just that he would have preferred the money and Miami more.
He would've preferred we gave him the money he got from Miami and he stayed a Chief. We know this. Unless Rosenhaus was outright lying for whatever reason.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:05 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Here's the thing - you're both acting as if they WANTED to trade him.

They offered him Top 3 WR money. He didn't want it, and didn't want to be here. They sent him where HE wanted to go.

Veach and Reid weren't spending the offseason planning to trade Hill and replace him.

But if they get the chance to "replace" him at a cost (both draft capital and cash) they are comfortable with, I have no doubt they will.

With that said, if they feel the offense truly won't miss a beat with a handful of WR3's and a rookie or two, then by all means - sit tight.

We have no idea which of the above they are thinking.
Yea I can agree with this. In the end we would need to have picked up a few good picks and some cap space etc...
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 04-20-2022
He would've preferred we gave him the money he got from Miami and he stayed a Chief. We know this. Unless Rosenhaus was outright lying for whatever reason.
I'm not saying that location mattered over money. He wanted to be the highest paid....we weren't willing to do that. That's the main reason he's gone.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:06 PM 04-20-2022
Yep, if KC would've offered same contract he would've stayed, I'm pretty sure. I don't expect the Chiefs to trade for Debo, because I think the price will be too steep. 1 in draft capital they'd have to send to SF and 2 the amount of money he is going to want on an extension, which I imagine is going to have to be agreed before the trade would actually happen..
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:07 PM 04-20-2022
Exactly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 04-20-2022
Tyreek Hill was worth roughly 368 points on the Rich Hill trade chart. (2022 1st, 2nd, 4th and a 2023 4th and 6th).

Davante Adams was worth 359 points. (2022 1st and 2nd).

You have to assume that Samuel would be below that value. He's two years younger than Hill but doesn't have the consistent production of either Hill or Adams....plus an injury history.
[Reply]
Page 435 of 488
« First < 335385425431432433434435 436437438439445485 > Last »
Up