ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 385 of 488
« First < 285335375381382383384385 386387388389395435485 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
JPH83 12:38 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Actually don't disagree with any of this really.

My argument against trading up is almost exclusively against Jameson Williams and it has nothing to do with whether or not we NEED to draft a WR. It's that there's a half dozen guys all jammed into the same group and people want to target a player out of that group that probably won't even play to start the season.

No matter how you slice it, that IS a waste of resources, at least in the immediate term.

That being said, it's also not going to piss me off. NOTHING they could do will piss me off.
I think the point is that some of us wouldn't evaluate Williams as jammed into any group but the top 4 or 5 WRs. If people are saying they think he's much of a muchness with, I dunno, Burks, Pickens or Moore or Dotson, I think that's wrong. That's why we're anticipating the possible need to go up - he's not there at the end of the 1st.

I don't mind people wanting to go up for DE say. I just don't think going up for a Jermaine Johnson is a world-beater move and moving up for Williams is a bad one. People HAVE made out that it's a disaster going up for him. It sounds like people have mellowed on that position a bit and I think that's right.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think the point is that some of us wouldn't evaluate Williams as jammed into any group but the top 4 or 5 WRs. If people are saying they think he's much of a muchness with, I dunno, Burks, Pickens or Moore or Dotson, I think that's wrong. That's why we're anticipating the possible need to go up - he's not there at the end of the 1st.

I don't mind people wanting to go up for DE say. I just don't think going up for a Jermaine Johnson is a world-beater move and moving up for Williams is a bad one. People HAVE made out that it's a disaster going up for him. It sounds like people have mellowed on that position a bit and I think that's right.
If Williams is truly healthy enough to be separated from the other 4-5 guys in the group, then he's not going to be available. We'd have to trade up into the teens to get him.

People need to understand that the only way Williams falls far enough for a trade to be feasible means he HASN'T separated from those guys enough, probably due to his injury, so in no case, does taking Williams really make sense.

If he's healthy and ready to play, he's a top 15 pick. If he's not, he's not really worth taking at 29 or 30, let alone trading up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:59 PM 04-07-2022
If Williams is truly healthy enough to be separated from the other 4-5 guys in the group, then he's not going to be available. We'd have to trade up into the teens to get him.

People need to understand that the only way Williams falls far enough for a trade to be feasible means he HASN'T separated from those guys enough, probably due to his injury, so in no case, does taking Williams really make sense.

If he's healthy and ready to play, he's a top 15 pick. If he's not, he's not really worth taking at 29 or 30, let alone trading up.
I don't mind Williams redshirting the 1st month of the season, the most meaningless part of the season, so long as he's healthy and ready to go by mid season.

His injury isn't what concerns me.

My concern about Williams is his lack of play strength. He's not great at beating press, and you don't really see any film of him making strong, contested catches. I don't know how strong he or isn't at the point of attack. I've seen some film of him getting absolutely blasted in the run game though.

None of these receiver prospects are perfect. And there's real concern about Williams' physicality.

6-2" 189 lbs is a thin build, and corners can reroute and disrupt guys like that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:03 PM 04-07-2022
It entirely possible (for some of us, at least) to talk about good and bad ideas without getting into whether we like it or hate it.

I won't HATE anything they do. That still doesn't make whatever they do a good move.
What gets me is that people get SO ENTRENCHED that when Veach inevitably does something different they'll actively root for the move to fail, so they can thump their chest about how right they were.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:04 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't mind Williams redshirting the 1st month of the season, the most meaningless part of the season, so long as he's healthy and ready to go by mid season.

My concern about Williams is his lack of play strength. He's not great at beating press, and you don't really see any film of him making strong, contested catches. I don't know how strong he or isn't at the point of attack. I've seen some film of him getting absolutely blasted in the run game though.

None of these receiver prospects are perfect. And there's real concern about Williams' physicality.

6-2" 189 lbs is a thin build, and corners can reroute and disrupt guys like that.
I just think Metchie is the same guy basically, only he's healed and will be ready to go day one.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:05 PM 04-07-2022
The initial allure to Jameson Williams is that he was likely to drop a bit in the draft because of the injury and we wouldn’t normally have that kind of talent drop to us because we are constantly drafting at the tail end of the first. Because of that, a lot of us starting putting him under the microscope and really liked what we saw. That has changed in the last couple months and has morphed into trading up with multiple premium picks to go get him. That’s kind of where a lot of us are hitting pause. And I think the kids going to be great.

Im ok moving up to get him and if what it takes is using both years comp picks from Poles to do so, let’s go. That’s a third this year snd a third next year as my MAX. I won’t bitch loan and complain if we spend more than that…but I think you can fix the WR spot by staying out and drafting a combination of 2 of the following

Treylon Burks
Skyy Moore
Calvin Austin
Dotson
Pickens
Tolbert
Watson
Pierce
Metchie (also recovering from ACL injury in champ game)
Shakir
Ross
Doubs
Ross
Bell
Robinson
[Reply]
BossChief 01:08 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just think Metchie is the same guy basically, only he's healed and will be ready to go day one.
He tore his ACL on December 4th.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:11 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He tore his ACL on December 4th.
My mistake-I was confusing with Pickens, whom I also like a lot and will likely go in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 04-07-2022

Totally agree, especially the bolded part.
[Reply]
nychief 01:18 PM 04-07-2022
we have been linked to pickens for awhile... I think he's the wideout most likely to end up on the chiefs if we go that way.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 01:28 PM 04-07-2022
probably just a contract negotiating tactic (deebo deleting 49ers related info from his social media)

This is crazy. Deebo is gone. (PFP and 0 49ers posts) pic.twitter.com/JxeTv9QA34

— ������������������ ♨️ (@TreysConference) April 7, 2022

[Reply]
JPH83 01:32 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
My mistake-I was confusing with Pickens, whom I also like a lot and will likely go in the 2nd round.
Williams' speed is different. I like Pickens, amazing hands, super aggressive. Don't hate Metchie either. But Williams has a different level of speed imo.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:33 PM 04-07-2022

Again, think this is bang on, if I'm pausing on that pick it's only for these reasons.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:00 PM 04-07-2022

This is a legitimate question because I don't know the answer.

Devonta Smith was also viewed as too slight of build. He just put up 900+ yards as a rookie. We'll see if he can maintain that production, but if he can still produce in the NFL at that size what's to say Williams can't do the same?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:03 PM 04-07-2022

A WR whose primary asset is his speed coming off of an ACL injury… it just seems too risky.
[Reply]
Page 385 of 488
« First < 285335375381382383384385 386387388389395435485 > Last »
Up