ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3712 of 3903
« First < 2712321236123662370237083709371037113712 3713371437153716372237623812 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 11:11 PM 09-03-2021
Proud of you tlo
[Reply]
Monticore 11:16 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Proud of you tlo
He has come a long way from the guy who was taking his temp 20 times a day rectally if I remember correctly, we are so proud.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:23 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I feel like this is an appropriate place to put this.

As some of you know, I work in healthcare. I work for a large company that provides individualized care for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. (Think of it as providing care for people that live in apartments, houses, etc. Not like a group home or RCF)

Anyway. I've worked as a lower level care manager for this company going on 4 years now. When the pandemic hit, it was obviously incredibly frightening, as the individuals we care for generally have a variety of illnesses that make them more vulnerable to all types of disease/illness.

At first I was a bit paralyzed by fear. (Just check out my early posts in this thread) But I eventually pushed through that fear and decided I would put all my energy into ensuring we were keeping our clients as safe as possible.

We were very successful in doing so. I worked tirelessly ensuring proper care was provided and policies were followed.

Apparently a lot of people took notice because I was offered a very lucrative promotion today. I was praised for my work in general, but the incredible attention to detail in keeping our clients healthy and safe was also mentioned during the meeting.

I will be stepping into the role of branch manager starting within the next month or so. This comes with a lot of responsibility, but also a very, VERY nice pay increase. I didn't realize I'd ever make it to a place with a bachelor's in social work where I'd be making this kind of money. And I'm not stopping here. I'm motivated and determined to keep climbing the ladder.

I'm happy.
Love to hear it! Congrats on a well deserved new opportunity!
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:44 AM 09-04-2021

They’re gonna start sneaking ivermectin to the covid+ patients. They’re already trying to sneak in. This notion of visiting people with covid is to appease folks who want to provide random treatments for the friends and family. pic.twitter.com/MDwY3CgyRC

— Fran Pfizer ������♒️ (@Dani_Knope) September 2, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 12:06 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Wichita pastor battling COVID-19 to be removed from life support

This is the pastor of a friend of mine's parents. Not vaccinated, otherwise healthy 58-year-old. Maybe his death will motivate some of the flock to get vaccinated.
Would hope so. Would be nice if they'd hold a vaccination clinic during this round-the-clock prayer vigil. If people are suspicious of the vaccine, they can just throw in a prayer or two asking for protection from it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:21 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
People are so ****ing stupid.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:23 PM 09-04-2021
https://sports.yahoo.com/charles-bar...065447176.html

Charles Barkley has no time for professional sports stars who are refusing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

The NBA legend, while guest co-hosting Thursday’s episode of “The Mike Missanelli Show” on Philadelphia’s 97.5 The Fanatic, questioned exactly what point some athletes were trying to make by eschewing the shot.

The “Inside the NBA” analyst slammed them as “selfish,” saying they were among the luckiest people during the pandemic because they’ve “gotten every single check” and remained well-paid even as they played to empty stadiums — while others lost their jobs or died from the disease.

“For us to be selfish and not trying to help the world get back where we can take these stupid masks off and go out to dinner in a full restaurant, I just think it’s selfish,” said Barkley, 58, who is fully vaccinated.

“I’ve heard these idiots talk about chips in it, and I heard people talking about [the government] wants to follow us around,” the basketball Hall of Famer added of conspiracy theories surrounding the shots. “They can follow us around anyway. Everybody got a cellphone. And first of all, what are you doing that you’re worried about people following you?”

Last month, Barkley told CNBC that “everybody should be vaccinated” and “the only people who are not vaccinated are just assholes.”

“Can you imagine if one of these guys that are not vaccinated, if they get one of these players’ kids, wives, girlfriends, moms and dads sick and they die over some unnecessary conspiracy bullshit,” Barkley said. “I think that would be tragic.”

“There’s shit you can’t do at work and there’s shit that have to do at work,” he added. “So every workplace has rules, and I think one of the rules [should be] that guys have to be vaccinated.”
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:32 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I feel like this is an appropriate place to put this.

As some of you know, I work in healthcare. I work for a large company that provides individualized care for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. (Think of it as providing care for people that live in apartments, houses, etc. Not like a group home or RCF)

Anyway. I've worked as a lower level care manager for this company going on 4 years now. When the pandemic hit, it was obviously incredibly frightening, as the individuals we care for generally have a variety of illnesses that make them more vulnerable to all types of disease/illness.

At first I was a bit paralyzed by fear. (Just check out my early posts in this thread) But I eventually pushed through that fear and decided I would put all my energy into ensuring we were keeping our clients as safe as possible.

We were very successful in doing so. I worked tirelessly ensuring proper care was provided and policies were followed.

Apparently a lot of people took notice because I was offered a very lucrative promotion today. I was praised for my work in general, but the incredible attention to detail in keeping our clients healthy and safe was also mentioned during the meeting.

I will be stepping into the role of branch manager starting within the next month or so. This comes with a lot of responsibility, but also a very, VERY nice pay increase. I didn't realize I'd ever make it to a place with a bachelor's in social work where I'd be making this kind of money. And I'm not stopping here. I'm motivated and determined to keep climbing the ladder.

I'm happy.
I'm assuming if the promotion meant you wouldn't be able to post here as much you would have turned down the offer.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:43 AM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Charles Barkley has no time for professional sports stars who are refusing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

The NBA legend, while guest co-hosting Thursday’s episode of “The Mike Missanelli Show” on Philadelphia’s 97.5 The Fanatic, questioned exactly what point some athletes were trying to make by eschewing the shot.

The “Inside the NBA” analyst slammed them as “selfish,” saying they were among the luckiest people during the pandemic because they’ve “gotten every single check” and remained well-paid even as they played to empty stadiums — while others lost their jobs or died from the disease.

“For us to be selfish and not trying to help the world get back where we can take these stupid masks off and go out to dinner in a full restaurant, I just think it’s selfish,” said Barkley, 58, who is fully vaccinated.

“I’ve heard these idiots talk about chips in it, and I heard people talking about [the government] wants to follow us around,” the basketball Hall of Famer added of conspiracy theories surrounding the shots. “They can follow us around anyway. Everybody got a cellphone. And first of all, what are you doing that you’re worried about people following you?”

Last month, Barkley told CNBC that “everybody should be vaccinated” and “the only people who are not vaccinated are just assholes.”

“Can you imagine if one of these guys that are not vaccinated, if they get one of these players’ kids, wives, girlfriends, moms and dads sick and they die over some unnecessary conspiracy bullshit,” Barkley said. “I think that would be tragic.”

“There’s shit you can’t do at work and there’s shit that have to do at work,” he added. “So every workplace has rules, and I think one of the rules [should be] that guys have to be vaccinated.”
Chuck is a national treasure.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:48 AM 09-05-2021
People are so ****ing stupid.
Well, as my extremely bi-polar mother in law (RIP) used to yell at the TV when people were in hospital dying from Darwinian choices, "let them die!".
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:38 AM 09-05-2021

Nailed it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:51 AM 09-05-2021

Prof Deonandan was asked by a student journalist what he would say to the 20% of polled uOttawa students who complain that our campus's vaccine requirements are an "infringement on their rights of free movement." His response: pic.twitter.com/6l0BiXawoS

— Science Monkey (@sciencemonkeyca) September 4, 2021

[Reply]
Lzen 12:34 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
More good news for the vaccinated.

https://news.yahoo.com/breakthough-i...121727306.html
Originally Posted by :
people who were fully vaccinated, 0.2% reported a breakthrough infection, the researchers found.
What is the rate of infection for unvaccinated?
[Reply]
TLO 12:45 PM 09-05-2021
Folks in here that work in a hospital setting. Say someone tests positive for covid. What are the current guidelines being used to determine who gets the monoclonal antibody treatments?
[Reply]
loochy 03:17 PM 09-05-2021
*insert stupid Twitter shaming post here*
[Reply]
Page 3712 of 3903
« First < 2712321236123662370237083709371037113712 3713371437153716372237623812 > Last »
Up