ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2427 of 2693
« First < 1427192723272377241724232424242524262427 2428242924302431243724772527 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 11:25 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah and that fear causes coaches to be way more aggressive (and usually more correct) vs. us. It's frustrating.
Funny enough, Sirianni went a bit more conservative in the 2nd half with the field goal and punt that led to the Toney return. Who knows how it turns out if Sirianni goes for it on those two 4th down situations.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:26 PM 02-14-2023
Hurts was making some perfect throws, it was maddening.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:51 AM 02-15-2023
Mahomes is one tough SOB. Turns out he had a Grade 2 high ankle sprain (grade 3 is highest with completely torn ligaments). Here he is mic’d up (sorry of Q):

Mahomes was mic'd up after he hurt his ankle. He was in so much pain. Mahomes is him. pic.twitter.com/4gUhBTpy0Y

— BBQ Dom (@RealBBQDom) February 14, 2023

[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:56 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Hurts was making some perfect throws, it was maddening.
After a couple throws to Goedert, I was like "Well I guess that bad shoulder was a fucking lie" cause he could not miss.

I feel like if we played them 10 more times there's no way he puts up the same numbers he did, he was on fire that night.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:04 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Mahomes is one tough SOB. Turns out he had a Grade 2 high ankle sprain (grade 3 is highest with completely torn ligaments). Here he is mic’d up (sorry of Q):

The kid is a fucking warrior on top of being a QB savant. Enjoy this time we have with him.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:05 AM 02-15-2023

Thank god it's the offseason. Hopefully that ankle gets all healed up.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:12 AM 02-15-2023

heart of a champ...

you just feel for him when ya hear it :-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 05:59 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah and that fear causes coaches to be way more aggressive (and usually more correct) vs. us. It's frustrating.
It does and it really is for our defense. Actually thought they might go 4th and 3 in their own end before the Toney punt because of Mahomes.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:59 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The kid is a fucking warrior on top of being a QB savant. Enjoy this time we have with him.

Right when you think he can’t get any better.
He does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:04 AM 02-15-2023

Watching this makes me realize how much I want to hear the whole game called by the CRN God dammit
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:05 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
After a couple throws to Goedert, I was like "Well I guess that bad shoulder was a fucking lie" cause he could not miss.

I feel like if we played them 10 more times there's no way he puts up the same numbers he did, he was on fire that night.
Also, Goedert made some incredible catches. Had he dropped one or two of those, I don’t think anyone would be too hard on him.

I’m not calling the performance a fluke, but several things went right for the Eagles that probably wouldn’t happen every night.

Hurts had all sorts of moderately productive passing performances this year. It’s not like he played like he did in the Super Bowl all year.

McDuffie completely misjudging a jump ball and Snead losing Smith helped quite a bit too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 02-15-2023
Somebody made a good point and it was essentially that every time you saw the Eagles make a big play it was "Man, that was a GREAT play..."

Most of the times you saw the Chiefs make a big play it was "Man, that was a GREAT playcall..."

The Chiefs coaching staff just outdid the Eagles in a big way. Credit to the Eagles for playing their asses off and keeping it close. I really didn't think they had that kind of performance in them. They played some amazing football and for a long while it looked like their players ability to just keep grinding and make plays could be enough to carry them.

But I think if the Chiefs and Eagles play 10 times, the Chiefs win 8 of them and at least half of those are blowouts. That was a really well played game by Philly and it was just enough to lose.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:09 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Somebody made a good point and it was essentially that every time you saw the Eagles make a big play it was "Man, that was a GREAT play..."

Most of the times you saw the Chiefs make a big play it was "Man, that was a GREAT playcall..."

The Chiefs coaching staff just outdid the Eagles in a big way. Credit to the Eagles for playing their asses off and keeping it close. I really didn't think they had that kind of performance in them. They played some amazing football and for a long while it looked like their players ability to just keep grinding and make plays could be enough to carry them.

But I think if the Chiefs and Eagles play 10 times, the Chiefs win 8 of them and at least half of those are blowouts. That was a really well played game by Philly and it was just enough to lose.
To me the biggest problem was we didn't have a top coverage safety making Hurts pay. We should have picked him off at least once when he was throwing into double coverage.

Really want our scouts to find a center fielder in the draft and let Thornhill walk.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:19 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Someone said Philly would win 5/10. No, don't think so. Our coaching staff was exponentially better and that was just one game. If we played them in ten games that advantage would cumulatively increase as we saw them more and more. Also, like you said...I think Philly probably only has it in them to play that well about 20% of the time. And even that might be a little generous.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:26 AM 02-15-2023
This game really cemented a concept in my mind.

There is zero doubt in my mind that Mahomes, Reid, and the best 52 guys you can field is a recipe for dynasty.

Anyone who wants to argue different is going to have a really hard time moving me off of that.

Just keep stacking good football players.
[Reply]
Page 2427 of 2693
« First < 1427192723272377241724232424242524262427 2428242924302431243724772527 > Last »
Up